Guest Guest 41

Question about duas.org

Rate this question

Question

Guest Guest 41

Salam Shia chat, I have a question regarding some type of prayers and duas I have found on duas.org 

I have come across some that state if you write a specific verse of the Qur'an with zaffron, it will help protect you or fulfill a desire. Is something like that considered wrong to do or on the border line of some sort of magic.

I feel like it is strange but I'm not sure as I know duas.org is very reliable

JazakAllah 

1 answer to this question

Salam. Saffron is a spice that is edible and has medicinal qualities, such as B vitamins and minerals. During the time of the Imams AS, it was common to write a Qur'an ayah or a dua on a small piece of paper using saffron as an "ink." The paper was then soaked in a cup of water and when the "Qur'anic or dua saffron" was absorbed into the water, the person would drink the water. Another method was to write on a dish (plate) and carefully rinse the "Qur'anic saffron" into the cup in order to drink it. Saffron is said to help the memory, but since it is medicinal you have to be careful not to eat or drink in excess, because it could be toxic at high levels. 

The narrations about saffron (used by the Imams AS) are very old and they are advice (suggestions) that are respected by many people. If you don't believe in saffron writing then you can ignore it. Characterizing it as "some sort of magic" is not respectful of those who believe in it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.