Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Best response?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

there is a big difference between someone asking you if he exists and why you think he exists, and someone telling you God doesn't exist..

if he/she is telling you, then I don't think anything you will say will make any difference

Edited by abuhaydar
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
9 minutes ago, abuhaydar said:

there is a big difference between someone asking you if he exists and why you think he exists, and someone telling you God doesn't exist..

if he/she is telling you, then I don't think anything you will say will make any difference

Actually brother 

sometimes it CAN make a difference 

there are different kinds of people out there

just like how some people say the earth is flat 

u can change their minds by showing proof

but some people just think that their right and ignore ya

Edited by Natsu
  • Veteran Member
41 minutes ago, Natsu said:

Whats the best repsonse to the people who say that god doesn’t exist?

I do have some responses but i want to see whats the easiest and simplest one

Let's say I worship a God that doesn't exist. No harm no foul.

But what if there is a God and "you" don't worship him?

39 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Let's say I worship a God that doesn't exist. No harm no foul.

But what if there is a God and "you" don't worship him?

Genius

30 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Say you don't even know much about yourself, then how have you come to such a conclusion.

Impressive but i dont think it will work on alot of them

we could for example say that what do u think will happen after we die?(altho this will take time to explai)

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Natsu said:

Tell that person to throw all the ingredients required to prepare bread like flour, water etc together into an oven without proper mixing and see if that results in bread. If not, then how can such a complex universe come into existence without any divine interference.

Anyone with some sort of rationality won't deny the existence of God with certainty. There is no way that so many Prophets came, all pointing at the same God, and despite this people are certain that 'God doesn't exist'. If you even study the lives of the infallibles, they were even willing to be sacrificed for the sake of God. 

Most of the people who say such statements, don't want God to be there, it's not that they are certain that God isn't there. These people don't want limits and guidelines - they don't want to live their lives in complete submission. It is like when someone puts on a blindfold and doesn't choose to see reality.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Natsu said:

Salaam,
Ask him can you tell me the end of the universe, so that I can tell you where god exist if not, then how can you conclude god does not exists. Looking at building, you can say that a builder created it, without even seeing him then what is wrong with not believing in the builder of this universe.

47 minutes ago, Aquib Rizvi said:

Salaam,
Ask him can you tell me the end of the universe, so that I can tell you where god exist if not, then how can you conclude god does not exists. Looking at building, you can say that a builder created it, without even seeing him then what is wrong with not believing in the builder of this universe.

Well some dumb people will tell u

why dont he show himself to us or why dont he speak to us

they will come up with any excuse just to fool themselves 

they dont know that this world is a test and so take the pleasure of this world and miss the next 

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Natsu said:

I usually say, According to physics we know matter doesn't exist until you observe it right? So, I exist because you are observing me, and you exist because I or someone else is observing you, and someone else exists because some other person is observing him. So there are infinite observations going on, and we know that universe exist right? so who is observing this universe? I call him GOD. 

• Advanced Member

There is a very famous old story about someone who asked the same question to an old woman who was shepherding her sheeps in the desert and this was her answer:

!!إن البعرة تدل على البعير، والأثر يدل على المسير، افسماء ذات أبراج وأرض ذات فجاج ألا تدل على العليم الخبير

I am afraid my english is not good enough to translate it and hope some brother/sister will do...

:bismillah:

Surah At-Talaq, Verse 12:
اللَّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ سَبْعَ سَمَاوَاتٍ وَمِنَ الْأَرْضِ مِثْلَهُنَّ يَتَنَزَّلُ الْأَمْرُ بَيْنَهُنَّ لِتَعْلَمُوا أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ وَأَنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ أَحَاطَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عِلْمًا

Allah is He Who created seven heavens, and of the earth the like of them; the decree continues to descend among them, that you may know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah indeed encompasses all things in (His) knowledge.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Mulk, Verse 23:
قُلْ هُوَ الَّذِي أَنشَأَكُمْ وَجَعَلَ لَكُمُ السَّمْعَ وَالْأَبْصَارَ وَالْأَفْئِدَةَ قَلِيلًا مَّا تَشْكُرُونَ

Say: He it is Who brought you into being and made for you the ears and the eyes and the hearts: little is it that you give thanks.
(English - Shakir)

• Advanced Member

Sometimes the best answer is to not answer and simply dismiss their answer with a smile. As a chinese philosopher once said "He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know." 

If they are so sure He does not exist, why would he try so hard to convince you? I've never heard someone tell me "hey, by the way, the sky is blue and the sun yellow".

Those people WANT a world without God, to do whatever they want. They are blindly following their passions. That's why 99.9% of the time you can shake their disbelief by simply using arguments of authority like citing famous personnalities who believe in a Creator (like George Lemaitre, Newton, Blaise Pascal or of course Einstein), teaching them that most scientists in the West are believers or even simply being a nice person and succesful person in general. 

Atheists, when their parents aren't too, are almost always people who had a negative experience with religion or simply a bad life. Problems with religious people (their parents or a priest for example), difficult moments in life they blaim on God (death of a loved one, accident, etc.) and so on. Did you notice how proud and full of themselves atheists generally are (not agnostics but those few atheists)?

An atheist is like a video game character who becames self-aware and starts denying their creator, because they think it's impossible for anything to exist without electricity. Or because he does not like the game.

Edited by kashif.h
10 hours ago, kashif.h said:

Sometimes the best answer is to not answer and simply dismiss their answer with a smile. As a chinese philosopher once said "He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know." 

If they are so sure He does not exist, why would he try so hard to convince you? I've never heard someone tell me "hey, by the way, the sky is blue and the sun yellow".

Those people WANT a world without God, to do whatever they want. They are blindly following their passions. That's why 99.9% of the time you can shake their disbelief by simply using arguments of authority like citing famous personnalities who believe in a Creator (like George Lemaitre, Newton, Blaise Pascal or of course Einstein), teaching them that most scientists in the West are believers or even simply being a nice person and succesful person in general. 

Atheists, when their parents aren't too, are almost always people who had a negative experience with religion or simply a bad life. Problems with religious people (their parents or a priest for example), difficult moments in life they blaim on God (death of a loved one, accident, etc.) and so on. Did you notice how proud and full of themselves atheists generally are (not agnostics but those few atheists)?

An atheist is like a video game character who becames self-aware and starts denying their creator, because they think it's impossible for anything to exist without electricity. Or because he does not like the game.

I agree with you, atheists are very Arrogant, I remember having a debate with a agnostic for three days about morals and modesty and the girl full Denies modesty and some morals which was shocking and she saw me as a really bad person for supporting modesty, morals, decency and telling her not to contribute to society!! And I proved to her that society is supporting immoral behaviour due to dumb rappers and etc, she was a Christian then became agnostic , she also says to me that im a “bad Muslim” and not one of them because im apparently “hurting the another child of god” *face palm* then a came back at her by saying we’re the servants of God and not the “chidren of god” and also told her why are you putting human attributes to God almighty the most unique, most high and most exalted. She thought it was fine for a girl to walk out without a bra *face palm* and dress like a hoe. I pulled out a verse from the bible where Paul says to the women do dress with decency and modest and respectable. And from the Torah and Quran. I also told her that most people in this world supports modesty and Morals due to there religious beliefs and some atheists are influenced by them due to being around with them. she also denied that then at the end I told her the two famous quotes from imam Ali (a.s)  one was “the moment you debate with a ignorant person you alread lost” and the other is “silence is the best reply to a fool”  then I left. 

14 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

I agree with you, atheists are very Arrogant, I remember having a debate with a agnostic for three days about morals and modesty and the girl full Denies modesty and some morals which was shocking and she saw me as a really bad person for supporting modesty, morals, decency and telling her not to contribute to society!! And I proved to her that society is supporting immoral behaviour due to dumb rappers and etc, she was a Christian then became agnostic , she also says to me that im a “bad Muslim” and not one of them because im apparently “hurting the another child of god” *face palm* then a came back at her by saying we’re the servants of God and not the “chidren of god” and also told her why are you putting human attributes to God almighty the most unique, most high and most exalted. She thought it was fine for a girl to walk out without a bra *face palm* and dress like a hoe. I pulled out a verse from the bible where Paul says to the women do dress with decency and modest and respectable. And from the Torah and Quran. I also told her that most people in this world supports modesty and Morals due to there religious beliefs and some atheists are influenced by them due to being around with them. she also denied that then at the end I told her the two famous quotes from imam Ali (a.s)  one was “the moment you debate with a ignorant person you alread lost” and the other is “silence is the best reply to a fool”  then I left. 

They will see on judgement day that they were wrong

• Advanced Member
19 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

The quote from Imam Ali as is perfect in this context, you reminded me of it. 

Your story is another illustration that atheists are looking for an excuse to do as they like and that they often had a bad experience with religion. I heard an atheist teacher say that she decides how to act according to whether she will be able to 'look in the mirror' afterwards or not. Another atheist on the internet claimed that 'everything we do has consequences'. 

Those kind of moral rules of thumb are obviously flawed. A lot of those people are able to live with themselves after stealing or killing innocents, finding all sort of excuses. Similarly, not everything we do has direct consequences (e.g. stealing does not necessarily means you get caught or that someone witnessed your misdeed). The so-called 'morals' and 'values' if an atheist varies from one individual to another. No wonder that atheists are almost a majority in UK prisons despite being a minority in the population.

22 hours ago, kashif.h said:

heard an atheist teacher say that she decides how to act according to whether she will be able to 'look in the mirror' afterwards or not.

Huh?? The teacher has some mental issues. 

22 hours ago, kashif.h said:

Another atheist on the internet claimed that 'everything we do has consequences'.

This maybe party true though, yes people may not witness your misdeed or get caught but God almighty witnessed the crime, yes what you said is true in a worldly point of view.