yashia

Signs of A Believer Is Tolerance Hadith

Rate this topic

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته 

I once read a hadith that said that one of the signs of a believer or a true Muslim is tolerance. 

Could you please tell me who said it and the reference? 

JazakAllah kheir. 

On 6/18/2018 at 2:58 AM, yashia said:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته 

I once read a hadith that said that one of the signs of a believer or a true Muslim is tolerance. 

Could you please tell me who said it and the reference? 

JazakAllah kheir. 

Characteristics of a True Believer 

رُوَى أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللٌّهِ قَالَ: يَكْمُلُ الْمُؤْمِنُ إِيْمَانَهُ حَتَّى يَحْتَوى عَلى مِائَةَ وَ ثَلاَثَ خِصَالٍ: فِعْلٌ وَ عَمَلٌ وَ نِيَّةٌ وَ بَاطِنٌ وَ ظَاهِرٌ. فَقَالَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ : يَا رَسُولَ اللٌّهِ مَا الْمِائَةَ وَ ثَلاَثَ خِصَالٍ؟ فَقَالَ : يَا عَلِيُّ مِنْ صِفَاتِ الْمُؤْمِنُ أَنْ يَكُونَ جَوَّالُ الْفِكْرِ، جَوْهَرِّيُ الذِّكْرِ، كَثِيراً عِلْمهُ عَظِيماً حِلْمَهُ، جَمِيلُ الْمُنَازِعَةُ…

It has been narrated that the  Messenger of Allah (S) said to the Commander of the Faithful, 'Ali b. Abi Talib (as): “The true believer's faith will be completed when he possesses one hundred and three particularities and these can be divided up into five categories: actions that have been done in the past; actions that are done and continue to be done (in the present and future); (his) intention; the external characteristics; and the internal characteristics.”  The Commander of the Faithful, 'Ali b. Abi Talib (as) said to the Prophet (S), “O' Messenger of Allah! What are these one hundred and three particularities?”  The Prophet (S) replied, “O' 'Ali!  Of the characteristics of a true believer are that he is continuously in thought; he performs the remembrance of Allah out loud; he possesses a great deal of knowledge; his forbearance is great; and his confrontations (with others) is done with beauty…” 

https://www.al-islam.org/ethical-discourses-vol1-makarim-shirazi/discourse-14-characteristics-true-believer-part-1