Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Salam!

Yesterday, I was having a conversation with a friend. He is Catholic and studied all religion. We both agreed that most of Christianity stories and Islam mirrors each other. While we were talking I made a connection of Gabriel (Jibrel) that confused me.

In the story of Adam, When Allah Rabi asked Gabriel to bow down to Adam, he would not. He disobeyed Allah. There Allah has banished him and turned him into Shayton (Iblis). However, in the story of Mohammed, Gabriel came to Prophet Mohammed as he was in a cave. He told him to read because we know Mohammed was illiterate and could not read before being the Prophet of Islam.

Here is my question: If Allah banished Gabriel for disobeying him in his creation of Adam, how does he show up again for Prophet Mohammed.

(Please not spamming, or joking. I am asking a serious question and no I'm not a convert).:)

1 minute ago, LadyNadine said:

n the story of Adam, When Allah Rabi asked Gabriel to bow down to Adam, he would not. He disobeyed Allah. There Allah has banished him and turned him into

It wasn't Jebreil.  It was Iblis (a jinn) who refused to bow down to Adam (as). 

Jebreil is an archangel,he never disobeyed Allah since Angels are created without free will. 

1 hour ago, LadyNadine said:

Do you have any resources to help me understand better?

https://www.al-islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-quran-vol-5/section-2-creation-adam-and-defiance-satan

2 hours ago, LadyNadine said:

Do you have any resources to help me understand better?

bismillah.gif
وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ كَانَ مِنَ الْجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّهِ ۗ أَفَتَتَّخِذُونَهُ وَذُرِّيَّتَهُ أَوْلِيَاءَ مِنْ دُونِي وَهُمْ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ ۚ بِئْسَ لِلظَّالِمِينَ بَدَلًا {50}

[Shakir 18:50] And when We said to the angels: Make obeisance to Adam; they made obeisance but Iblis (did it not). He was of the jinn, so he transgressed the commandment of his Lord. What! would you then take him and his offspring for friends rather than Me, and they are your enemies? Evil is (this) change for the unjust.

In Arabic grammar, there is a rule known as Tagleeb, according to which, if the majority is addressed, even the minority is included.  @Sumerian since you know Arabic you could speak to this.