ShiaMan14

Eid Mubarak (1439 / 2018)

Eid Mubarak ShiaChatters.

Hope you had a blessed Ramadan and a tremendous eid.

Please remember the shia we lost from last eid to now with a Fateha and cherish the ones alive with a loud salawat.

:cuddle:

Edited by Hameedeh
Tags

Ayotullah Sistani office is not sure is it friday or saturday.

-----

The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and his household) said: "Fast upon sighting [the moon crescent] and break your fast upon sighting [the moon crescent]." 
The office of His Eminence Sayyid Al-Seestani (long may he live) in the holy city of Najaf invites Momineen in Iraq and neighbouring countries to ascertain the crescent of the blessed month of Shawwal in 1439 AH after sunset on Thursday (29 / Ramadan). 
Anyone who is certain of sighting the crescent on the said night must, directly, make their statement known to the office [of the Marja’iya] - or to accredited representatives (Wakils) in the country. 
The data available on the size of the moon crescent and its height on the horizon this Thursday evening indicate that it will very difficult to see with the naked eye, in Iraq and the surrounding areas on this night, without using a telescope – even though it will be seen high up and very large the following night and will remain on the horizon for a long time. 
Hence, we assure our dear Momineen of the importance of ‘istihlal’ (act ascertaining the sighting moon crescent) this Thursday evening, especially for those in areas that enjoy complete clear skies and success is from Allah. http://www.najaf.org/english/

In His Name, the Most High,

(Please note: This is an advisory and continued updates are published on the website, please click on the link at the bottom of this message for updates.)

There is a likelihood of sighting the new crescent with the naked eye on the night of Thursday 17th June 2018 in the Middle East, Africa, Southern Europe, Indian subcontinent, United States, Canada, and South America. However, it will only be possible to sight the moon with optical aids in the United Kingdom, Central Europe, Scandinavia and Australia.

Based on the above information, and based on getting the confirmation of an actual sighting on Thursday night, then Eid Al-Fitr will vary based on the jurispridential opinion of the scholars.

For followers of Ayatollah Khamenei and Ayatollah Khoei, Eid Al-Fitr is highly likely on Friday 15th June in all parts of the world, barring the northeastern parts of Russia.

For followers of Ayatollah Sistani and Imam Khomeini, Eid Al-Fitr is highly likely on Friday 15th June in Western Africa, United States, Canada and South America, with a possibility for the Middle East, North and East Africa, South Europe and India. However, it will likely be on Saturday 16th June in the United Kingdom, Central Europe, Scandinavia and Australia.

We congratulate the Muslim Ummah in advance on the auspicious occasion of Eid Al-Fitr and ask the Almighty Allah to reward us for our efforts.

Wasalaamu Alaikum

Ahlulbayt Islamic Mission (AIM)
Thursday 14th June 2018

http://www.aimislam.com/eid-al-fitr-1439/

Can someone explain to me how Eid is in different parts of the world on two different days? Logically speaking the way the Sunnis do it and Fadlallah makes the most sense. How can there be Eid in Southern Europe or the Middle East but not the United Kingdom? It's one moon... so if we were to assume the world was one country and these man-made artificial borders between countries didn't exist, would this rule change? We all share the same horizon and if the moon is visible in one end of the world then it should apply to the rest of the world... just because we can't see it with a naked eye and have to use a telescope that doesn't mean it's not there..?

I will never get this so am I allowed to follow someone else for Eid because I am not convinced by Sistanis methodology and don't feel comfortable following it blindly. Plus within my family we are always split where some of us are fasting and other are celebrating Eid and it just kills the mood.

That being said, Eid mubarak to everyone and I hope within your families and communities you have Eid on the same day.

Edited by Crimson

3 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

In His Name, the Most High,

(Please note: This is an advisory and continued updates are published on the website, please click on the link at the bottom of this message for updates.)

There is a likelihood of sighting the new crescent with the naked eye on the night of Thursday 17th June 2018 in the Middle East, Africa, Southern Europe, Indian subcontinent, United States, Canada, and South America. However, it will only be possible to sight the moon with optical aids in the United Kingdom, Central Europe, Scandinavia and Australia.

Based on the above information, and based on getting the confirmation of an actual sighting on Thursday night, then Eid Al-Fitr will vary based on the jurispridential opinion of the scholars.

For followers of Ayatollah Khamenei and Ayatollah Khoei, Eid Al-Fitr is highly likely on Friday 15th June in all parts of the world, barring the northeastern parts of Russia.

For followers of Ayatollah Sistani and Imam Khomeini, Eid Al-Fitr is highly likely on Friday 15th June in Western Africa, United States, Canada and South America, with a possibility for the Middle East, North and East Africa, South Europe and India. However, it will likely be on Saturday 16th June in the United Kingdom, Central Europe, Scandinavia and Australia.

We congratulate the Muslim Ummah in advance on the auspicious occasion of Eid Al-Fitr and ask the Almighty Allah to reward us for our efforts.

Wasalaamu Alaikum

Ahlulbayt Islamic Mission (AIM)
Thursday 14th June 2018

http://www.aimislam.com/eid-al-fitr-1439/

Thanks so i should shape up my beard for Namaz-e-eid. 

18 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Can someone explain to me how Eid is in different parts of the world on two different days? Logically speaking the way the Sunnis do it and Fadlallah makes the most sense. How can there be Eid in Southern Europe or the Middle East but not the United Kingdom? It's one moon... so if we were to assume the world was one country and these man-made artificial borders between countries didn't exist, would this rule change? We all share the same horizon and if the moon is visible in one end of the world then it should apply to the rest of the world... just because we can't see it with a naked eye and have to use a telescope that doesn't mean it's not there..?

I will never get this so am I allowed to follow someone else for Eid because I am not convinced by Sistanis methodology and don't feel comfortable following it blindly. Plus within my family we are always split where some of us are fasting and other are celebrating Eid and it just kills the mood.

That being said, Eid mubarak to everyone and I hope within your families and communities you have Eid on the same day.

Salaam,

It makes sense from a scientific perspective based on the birth of the moon and the visibility curve. The image below should help explain:

Screenshot_20180612-203010_2.thumb.png.713cbb299154cd3607936b0125799551.png

On Jun 14th, the moon may be visible in the UK with an optical aid only. We have to see it.

6 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Salaam,

It makes sense from a scientific perspective based on the birth of the moon and the visibility curve. The image below should help explain:

Screenshot_20180612-203010_2.thumb.png.713cbb299154cd3607936b0125799551.png

On Jun 14th, the moon may be visible in the UK with an optical aid only. We have to see it.

But It's still the same moon and same horizon (we all share it)? How can there be two different days for Eid for the same moon? So are you saying that all those who follow Fadlallah, Khoei and Sunnis are wrong? And if Sistani and Khamenei different on certain regions/countries, one of them will also be wrong and therefore those having Eid on Friday in the UK (Assuming Sistani says it's on Saturday) are incorrect and have in fact missed a day of Ramadan?

If that is the case then I should technically refrain from wishing Eid Mubarak to some one my family members as they are incorrect?

Edited by Crimson

According to Sayed Sistani's office, the moon was not sighted in Iraq on Thursday, and he declared Eid Saturday (according to http://www.almaalomah.com/2018/06/14/318352/).

My question is, if I sight it myself here in Canada, according to the laws of Sayed Sistani, would I celebrate Eid tomorrow or Saturday?

On Sayed Sistani's website, he writes, "Question: What is the proof of sighting the moon?

Answer: The evidence could be one or more of the following:
1. You have sighted it yourself (without binoculars or a telescope)." (https://www.sistani.org/english/qa/01177/).
Does this mean I would celebrate Eid tomorrow? Or wait for Saturday?

My question is, if I sight it myself here in Canada, according to the laws of Sayed Sistani, would I celebrate Eid tomorrow or Saturday?

For you Eid is Friday;

For followers of Ayatollah Sistani and Imam Khomeini, Eid Al-Fitr is highly likely on Friday 15th June in Western Africa, United States, Canada and South America, with a possibility for the Middle East, North and East Africa, South Europe and India.

1 hour ago, Crimson said:

But It's still the same moon and same horizon (we all share it)? How can there be two different days for Eid for the same moon? So are you saying that all those who follow Fadlallah, Khoei and Sunnis are wrong? And if Sistani and Khamenei different on certain regions/countries, one of them will also be wrong and therefore those having Eid on Friday in the UK (Assuming Sistani says it's on Saturday) are incorrect and have in fact missed a day of Ramadan?

If that is the case then I should technically refrain from wishing Eid Mubarak to some one my family members as they are incorrect?

Brother, you are making it quite complicated.

It's the same sun but half the world can see and the other half cannnot. Same concept here. 

The way our planet is aligned -  new moon will always go from West to East. Depending on the time it is born, it is even possible to see it in Los Angeles and. It in New York. That is just science.

From the image I sent, is your country of residence in green on Jun 14?

2 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Country???

Here's the main part of the statement:

In the Name of the Most High 
After sunset on Thursday 14 June, the sighting of the crescent of Shawwal with the naked eye for the month of Shawwal, in Australia and the entire Europe, has not been ascertained. 
Therefore, Friday will be the last day of the month of Ramadhan and Saturday 16 June will be the Eid. 
We ask Allah Almighty to let this Eid be a blessing for all Muslims."
Edited by SoRoUsH

1 minute ago, SoRoUsH said:

Here's the main part of the statement:

In the Name of the Most High 
After sunset on Thursday 14 June, the sighting of the crescent of Shawwal with the naked eye for the month of Shawwal, in Australia and the entire Europe, has not been ascertained. 
Therefore, Friday will be the last day of the month of Ramadhan and Saturday 16 June will be the Eid. 
We ask Allah Almighty to let this Eid be a blessing for all Muslims."

That statement is for Australia and Europe only.