Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Being homeless in Jannah for two reasons?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

:bismillah:

:salam:

I hope everyone's last days of Ramadan are going great.

As it is known that when believers enter Jannah, even the lowest ranked believers will have a kingdom, which includes blessings such as having mansions, gardens etc. However, I've come across narrations from a lecture that say that some people in Jannah will be homeless and there are two reasons for that. 

1- Always missing salat ul asr.

2- Never visiting the shrine of Imam al Hussain (as) throughout one's life without a valid reason.

Does anyone know the source of these narrations and their authenticity?

Aside from the authenticity, I can understand the first reason, because it is the wajibat after all, so I can imagine that as a valid reason for someone being homeless in Jannah.

Now, the second reason sounds odd to me. Going to Karbala is not wajib and one can still love and follow the teachings of ahlulbayt(as) without doing the ziyarah, right? I am in no way, shape or form trying to undermine the significance of the ziyarah of Imam Hussain (as). It is one of the goals of my life to go to Karbala one day. Just want to understand it better, because I think the followers of Ahlulbayt, aren't the only ones going to Jannah, so it's hard to imagine only them having mansions in Jannah and a huge number of other muslims being homeless who don't even believe in the ziyarah of Imam Hussain(as).

Wanted to know the opinions of more learned individuals.

• Veteran Member

Wa alaikum salam,

Sorry I don't know the answers to your questions and I have never heard of this. However maybe visiting Imam Hussain (as) does not only include those who can physically go to his shrine, but maybe those who make the effort to recite his ziyarah from wherever they are. In that case is would make some sense to me because there is no excuse to not have recited his ziyarah during your entire life if you are a follower of Ahlulbayt. If you are a Muslim who is ignorant of the ahlulbayt, that is a different case. 

• Moderators

IMHO these hadith are not authentic. 

If hadith contradict Quran, we are told to throw hadith out (i.e. they are not authentic)

In the Holy Quran, in several places (i will get the exact ayat if requested) it says the people of Jannat will have 'whatever they want' or 'whatever they wish for'. So unless someone wants to be homeless, they will not be. 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

If hadith contradict Quran, we are told to throw hadith out (i.e. they are not authentic)

In the Holy Quran, in several places (i will get the exact ayat if requested) it says the people of Jannat will have 'whatever they want' or 'whatever they wish for'. So unless someone wants to be homeless, they will not be. 

I dont think anyone would want to be homeless because the human’s soul will be completely PURE in paradise 

so all the negative feelings will disappear 

• Advanced Member
On 6/12/2018 at 10:41 AM, starlight said:

Can you please cite the source?

I heard it from this lecture. You can skip to 22:00.

May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى bless the sayed, he's made the effort to talk about the blessings of Jannah this Ramadan through a series of lectures. 

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

Wa alaikum salam,

Sorry I don't know the answers to your questions and I have never heard of this. However maybe visiting Imam Hussain (as) does not only include those who can physically go to his shrine, but maybe those who make the effort to recite his ziyarah from wherever they are. In that case is would make some sense to me because there is no excuse to not have recited his ziyarah during your entire life if you are a follower of Ahlulbayt. If you are a Muslim who is ignorant of the ahlulbayt, that is a different case. 

Maybe.

You do have a good point there.

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

Yeah, I was also thinking about contradiction. It also contradicts the belief itself that in even the lowest level of Jannah, every believer will have a kingdom of his/her own.

On 6/12/2018 at 4:14 PM, The Light said:

I've come across narrations from a lecture that say that some people in Jannah will be homeless

:bismillah:

Allah (s.w.t) says in Quran about those who are eligible for Jannah:

"They shall have therein what they desire abiding (in it)" Ref verses: 16:31 & 25:16

• Moderators
14 hours ago, The Light said:

I heard it from this lecture. You can skip to 22:00.

May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى bless the sayed, he's made the effort to talk about the blessings of Jannah this Ramadan through a series of lectures. 

Don't believe everything you hear in lectures. Sayyids are not masoom. You need to listen, and also use your akql. 

• Basic Members

Wa alaikum assalam

Homelessnessin this world is because of the widespread inequality created by unjust rulers. Its depriving a person of his basic rights.

On the other hand, Allah is the most just! Jannah is a reward. Being homeless in jannah means being punished in reward!! That's illogical.

Its good to stress the importance of praying on time or going to ziyarat of imams but in the process if the maulanas are showing Allah in the bad light then it doesn't serve the purpose. 

Remember, Allah is the most merciful.