Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Follower of Ahlulbayt

Zakat al-Fitra Question

Salam,

If i am the head of the family (meaning everyone else in the family is dependent on me) and I have a wife and three children. Lets say the price of 3kg of rice is $9. Does that mean I have to pay $45 of zaka al-fitr because I pay for myself and my 4 other family members?

Salaam Alaykum Brother

May Allah help you in your life. It's a very good thing that you follow Ahlulbait by paying Zakat. Here is the answer of your question.

The answer of your question is YES. You pay your Zakat and the Zakat of your wife and children and whoever depends on you. The proper time of paying Zakat starts from the night before Eid Al-Fitr to the noon of the Eid day, and you should pay it BEFORE doing Eid Al-Fitr pray.

Have a good night

Actually, if any guest arrives on the night before Eid al Fitr, you have to include them too.

2001. One should pay Fitrah on behalf of all those persons who are treated as his dependents at his house on the nightfall of Eid ul fitr, whether they be young or old, Muslims or non-Muslims; irrespective of whether or not it is obligatory on him to maintain them, and whether they are in his own town or in some other town.

Source

On 6/9/2018 at 11:13 AM, Abu Nur said:

Is there any Shi'ah site where we can actually send the zakat al Fitr money?

It should go to the local community. Otherwise you can send it to

Http://Imam-us.org

Http://al-khoei.org

12 hours ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

Salam,

If i am the head of the family (meaning everyone else in the family is dependent on me) and I have a wife and three children. Lets say the price of 3kg of rice is $9. Does that mean I have to pay $45 of zaka al-fitr because I pay for myself and my 4 other family members?

Round up to $10 per person to be on the safe side.

It equals to price of 3 kg of rice or bread ,which one of them that you consume as main meal,amount of money equal to  it nnouces at end of month by your Marja. 

59 minutes ago, learn said:

salam, do you still pay zakat al-fitra for the guest who iftar with you the night before eid but does not stay the night at your house?

I don't believe so. You have to pay for those that are dependant on you for that night.

On 6/10/2018 at 4:19 AM, learn said:

salam, do you still pay zakat al-fitra for the guest who iftar with you the night before eid but does not stay the night at your house?

No if you follow Ayatollah Sistani or Imam Khamenei for  the guest that comes only before sunset of day before Eid to your house it’s not Wajib 

At last he must come before sunset of night of Eid but for previous night must stay  before Eid & don’t have to pay Zakat al -fit ra

http://portal.anhar.ir/node/360#gsc.tab=0

http://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa35306

On 6/10/2018 at 4:19 AM, learn said:

http://portal.anhar.ir/node/360#gsc.tab=0

Imam khomeini announcement for amount of Zakat Fitra

80000 Rials =8000 Tomans=1.9 $

Kafarah per day

without intention :  25000 Rials=2500 Tomans =0.59 $

with intention 150000 Tomans =35.7 $

Ayatollah Sistani announcement for amount of Zakat Fitra

60000 Rials =6000 Tomans=1.4 $

Kafarah per day

without intention :  20000 Rials=2000 Tomans =0.47 $

with intention 120000 Tomans =28.57 $

http://fa.abna24.com/news/اخبار-مراجع-عظام-تقلید/اعلام-میزان-پرداخت-زکات-فطره-رمضان-از-سوی-مراجع-تقلید_737254.html

یورو 49647 49895 Down.png
دلار امریکا Us Dollar  42270         42481 Up.png
درهم امارات 11453 11568 Up.png
دلار کانادا 32294 32620 Down.png
یکصد ین ژاپن 37483 38390 Down.png

1$ =42481 rials  I converted  based on 4200 tomans=42000 rials

http://bmi.ir

2 hours ago, learn said:

when we are suppose to pay zakat fitra? the day of eid or it is to pay it in advance? 

Fitra should be taken out on the eve of Eid and not before that. However if you want to give it to the needy before Eid prayers then you will have to give it to them as a loan and change the Niyah on the day of Eid to make it a fitra.

Hope this helps.

Guest Concerned

Can I pay the zakat of a Muslim relative who does not live with me, if I think he might not pay zakat? 

On 6/9/2018 at 10:34 AM, ShiaMan14 said:

Round up to $10 per person to be on the safe side.

Yes, last year in the US the zakat al-fitr was $10 and it is still $10 for this year. Here is the online site where my family pays zakat:

https://www.Imam-us.org/zakat-al-fitrah-2019/#how

3 hours ago, Guest zakat ? said:

@Ashvazdanghe If a Muslim man (who follows Ayatollah Khamenei) has a Christian wife, should he pay zakat for her? 

Salam ,I'm not sure but Zakat Fitrah is for members of family

2 hours ago, Guest Concerned said:

Can I pay the zakat of a Muslim relative who does not live with me, if I think he might not pay zakat? 

no , it's not necessary

Guest NA2010

Salam.

I have one question. If I decide to pay Fitrah on Day A, lets say 50 dollars, and there is a money fluctuation in the country I send the money to and after 2 weeks when I find someone that can transfer the money the needed money amount would be just 45 dollars, do I have to donate 50 or 45 dollars?

8 hours ago, Guest NA2010 said:

Salam.

I have one question. If I decide to pay Fitrah on Day A, lets say 50 dollars, and there is a money fluctuation in the country I send the money to and after 2 weeks when I find someone that can transfer the money the needed money amount would be just 45 dollars, do I have to donate 50 or 45 dollars?

Salam , it doesn't relate to fluctuation in currency & calculates based on price of 3 kilograms of Wheat or rice that you must see what is your food based on wheat (bread) or rice & then you must pay price of 3 kg of one of them that was dominant food of you during month of Ramadan.

Guest NA2010

Thank you!

Another question:

If I take one 100 dollar bill into my hand and say that I want to donate that bill as Fitrah. Do I have to donate that exact bill? My friend says if I say decide that, I cannot use that bill for something else (e.g. shopping) and use another 100 dollar bill instead to replace the initial bill for the fitrah. Is that true?

On 7/9/2019 at 7:52 AM, Guest NA2010 said:

Thank you!

Another question:

If I take one 100 dollar bill into my hand and say that I want to donate that bill as Fitrah. Do I have to donate that exact bill? My friend says if I say decide that, I cannot use that bill for something else (e.g. shopping) and use another 100 dollar bill instead to replace the initial bill for the fitrah. Is that true?

Salam , your friend statement is true 

http://Farsi.Khamenei.ir/treatise-content?id=262&tid=-1