Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Syed0001

Most Knowledgeable Marja of the time

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Sumerian said:

You ask people of khibra (other mujtahids or those close to ijtihad) and you base your opinion on what they say.

If there are people of Khibra on both sides all claiming their scholar is the most knowledgable, what is the next step one must take ?

Just now, Intellectual Resistance said:

If there are people of Khibra on both sides all claiming their scholar is the most knowledgable, what is the next step one must take ?

difference of opinion.

34. Question: If the ahlul khibra have difference of opinion in determining the a'lam mujtahid or just say that following any one from the given number of mujtahids is sufficient, can a person apply the fatwa of one mujtahid in one issue and another mujtahid in another until it becomes clear for him who is the a'lam?

Answer: This question has three parts:

d. First: That some ahlul khibra announce that "it is sufficient to follow one specific mujtahid or of a group of mujtahids." This has no religious value at all.

e. Second: That the ahlul khibra announce that two or more mujtahids are equal in knowledge and piety (in the sense of being careful in deriving the laws [from their sources]), then a lay person has the option of acting according to the views of any one of the mujtahids in all the issues.

However, as a matter of precaution (ihtiyat) in some issues, if possible, one could act in such a manner as to fulfill the requirements of both views; for example, in the case of praying concessionary qasr and full (tamam) prayers. [That is, praying the same prayer in qasr as well as in tamam forms.]

f. Third: That some ahlul khibra announce that mujtahid 'a' is the a'lam whereas others among the ahlul khibra announce that mujtahid 'b' is the a'lam. This can have two situations:

i. A person knows that one of the two mujtahids is the a'lam but he does not know which one specifically. This is a very unusual situation and it has been discussed in detail in Minhaju 's-Saliheen, question No. 9.

ii. A person does not know which of the two is the a'lam in the sense that he thinks both are equal in knowledge. This refers back to the second of the three parts mentioned above, provided that the person is unable to identify the more Godfearing of the two mujtahids. If he is able to identify the more Godfearing of the two mujtahdis, he must follow the fatwa of that mujtahid.

https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-practice-for-muslims-in-the-west-ayatullah-sistani/taqlid-following-jurist

18 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

@Sumerian

Is this reason valid? 

At least I follow a marja (Sistani). Who do you follow?

If you can't answer, then you shouldn't be responding to this thread...brother.

2 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

At least I follow a marja (Sistani). Who do you follow?

If you can't answer, then you shouldn't be responding to this thread...brother.

I follow a Marji' but i don't need to tell you who. 

22 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

@Sumerian

Is this reason valid? 

No it isn't. Longevity is not mentioned as a method of discerning who is a'lam. The methods of knowing who is a'lam are in Sistani's books for everyone to see.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:56 PM, Sumerian said:

No it isn't. Longevity is not mentioned as a method of discerning who is a'lam. The methods of knowing who is a'lam are in Sistani's books for everyone to see.

you are right that longevity is not a criteria but according to my sources, Ayatollah Khoei left Ayatollah Najafi in charge of the Hawza in Najaf based on his knowledge.

12 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

I follow a Marji' but i don't need to tell you who. 

Why not? Until such time that you can answer such a simple question, don't ask anyone on SC about anything.

please tell me it is not the Internet NotATollah that your friend follows.

Edited by ShiaMan14

On 6/7/2018 at 4:01 PM, ShiaMan14 said:

you are right that longevity is not a criteria but according to my sources, Ayatollah Khoei left Ayatollah Najafi in charge of the Hawza in Najaf based on his knowledge.

@Sumerian

Is one scholar leaving another in charge in this manner a justified criteria? Sorry to keep quoting you, but whatever i learn accurately i'll keep and pass it on.

1 minute ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

@Sumerian

Is one scholar leaving another in charge in this manner a justified criteria? Sorry to keep quoting you, but whatever i learn accurately i'll keep and pass it on.

I don't know. Is it proof that Sayyed Al-Khoei thought him as a'lam? Is that a strong bayyinah? 

I don't know. 

1 hour ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

@Sumerian

Left in charge because of "most knowledge"

Taqleed (following a marja or scholar )

Pick a Maraja! Any Maraja !

How to choose  a Marja

Session 2 :who is a Marja-e-Taqleed ?

7 hours ago, Syed0001 said:

Salam,

Thanks for all the replies, Can you please provide evidence that  what basis you have reached to your conclusion some Ayatollah is more knowledgeable than other?

Request for dua

Salam The best way is that at first is that you read their Risala ,which you can start from  sites has service in multiple languages but if at the end if you had doubt between two of them I recommend to do Istikhara .