Syed0001

Most Knowledgeable Marja of the time

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

@Sumerian

Is one scholar leaving another in charge in this manner a justified criteria? Sorry to keep quoting you, but whatever i learn accurately i'll keep and pass it on.

I don't know. Is it proof that Sayyed Al-Khoei thought him as a'lam? Is that a strong bayyinah? 

I don't know. 

1 hour ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

@Sumerian

Is one scholar leaving another in charge in this manner a justified criteria? Sorry to keep quoting you, but whatever i learn accurately i'll keep and pass it on.

Left in charge because of "most knowledge"

Taqleed (following a marja or scholar )

Pick a Maraja! Any Maraja !

How to choose  a Marja

Session 2 :who is a Marja-e-Taqleed ?

7 hours ago, Syed0001 said:

Salam,

Thanks for all the replies, Can you please provide evidence that  what basis you have reached to your conclusion some Ayatollah is more knowledgeable than other?

Request for dua

Salam The best way is that at first is that you read their Risala ,which you can start from  sites has service in multiple languages but if at the end if you had doubt between two of them I recommend to do Istikhara .

8 hours ago, Syed0001 said:

Can you please provide evidence that what basis you have reached to your conclusion some Ayatollah is more knowledgeable than other?

Salam. The Society of Seminary Teachers of Qom (جامعهٔ مدرسین حوزهٔ علمیهٔ قم‎) have recommended six men:

Grand Ayatullah Ali Khamenei

Grand Ayatullah Ali Sistani

Grand Ayatullah Shobeiri Zanjani

Grand Ayatullah Saafi Gulpaygani

Grand Ayatullah Makeram Shirazi

Grand Ayatullah Wahid Khorasani

You can see an image of these six men at the link to the English website: http://www.jameehmodarresin.org/en/ 

You can also visit the Arabic or Farsi websites from that same link. 

The way I determine the most knowledgeable marja’ is by looking at two things.

1. Which marja’ has the most ahlul khibra vouching for them.

2. Which marja’ has the most followers.

According to this criteria, Imam Khamenei and Sayed Sistani are the most knowledgeable maraji’ that are alive in this religion, because according to the ‘urf (common view) they both have the most followers worldwide and they both have the most ahlul khibra vouching for them. The rest of the maraji’ are a category below, they don’t stand a chance with these two. 

Thank you so much All of you. Can you please provide some ahadith in support of following a single Marja(if it is obligatory), i.e why I cannot follow one marja'r ruling in Namaz and other marja's ruling in fasting?

1 hour ago, ss99 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what made you choose Sayyed Khamenei over Sayyed Sistani

I also read his biography & his revolutionary life which his enemies praise him, convinced me to follow him.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

sayed sistani says in minhaj al saliheen on the chapter of Taqleed 

fatwa 9-11

that you can use logical reasons that provide confidence. So reading a biography of a certain Maraji can definitely help.

As for ahlul khibra yes they do contradict each other. 

A person should then look at the ahlul khibra and in a way compare them. 

For example you have a few ahlul

khibra that say marja A is more knowledgeable than B.  If you look at the ahlul khibra of both you might find that Marja A’s ahlul khibra are all his students (its likely that they will say he’s going to be the most knowledgeable to them) while B has people who can be in a more objective position such as his classmates or simply fellow scholars who could vouge for him. 

I follow ayatullah Khamenei (ha) because of this research. He has the one of the largest followings especially Among shaykhs and hawza students. He has plenty of ahlul khibra. His biography also helps too due to the teachers and even his own father being a mujtahid who was classmates with Sayed al khoi(ra).

I follow Syed Sistani, I am just asking (just for my information and curiosity) what are some examples of differences of certain rulings between Ayatollah Khamenei and Ayatollah Sistani?

1 hour ago, Kirmani said:

I follow Syed Sistani, I am just asking (just for my information and curiosity) what are some examples of differences of certain rulings between Ayatollah Khamenei and Ayatollah Sistani?

Chess, posthumous organ donation, gender reassignment surgery, wearing kohl and rings for women, necktie, WF-mutlaq, etc etc.