Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Eid Gift Ideas for Teenage Boys?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Salam everyone,

I am trying to brainstorm some ideas that I could get for my 2 teenage nephews for eid (15 and 13). I would like it to be something 'fun' or interesting for them, but something that would hopefully encourage them in Islam or expand their knowledge of Islam. I tried to look up if there are any positive young adult novels featuring muslim male protagonists, but I couldn't find any. Plus I don't know if they would be interested in reading a novel anyway. 

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? Is there some Islamic video game I could buy them? :rolleyes:

• Veteran Member

Islamic video game? Quite unlikely; there are video games that aren't sinful but I don't know of any that feature an Islamic theme (at least, not any popular ones).

You might want to try and get a DVD/Blu-ray set for the Prophet Yusuf television show produced in Iran with English subtitles. It's very well done, of high quality (so they won't feel like they're watching something from the '80s) and very Islamic. I certainly enjoyed it a lot when I was around that age but, again, it would depend on whether they like that sort of stuff in the first place. You could also try a similar series named Mukhtarnameh, which is about the life of Mukhtar al-Thaqafi.

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Mukhtarnameh

I loved Mukhtarnamah. 

1 hour ago, ireallywannaknow said:

Salam everyone,

I am trying to brainstorm some ideas that I could get for my 2 teenage nephews for eid (15 and 13). I would like it to be something 'fun' or interesting for them, but something that would hopefully encourage them in Islam or expand their knowledge of Islam. I tried to look up if there are any positive young adult novels featuring muslim male protagonists, but I couldn't find any. Plus I don't know if they would be interested in reading a novel anyway. 

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? Is there some Islamic video game I could buy them? :rolleyes:

Islamic gift, buy them custom tshirts with Islamic quotes. 

Buy them colognes and say use them before namaz. 

there aren't many Islamic gifts out there. 

• Veteran Member
22 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Islamic video game? Quite unlikely; there are video games that aren't sinful but I don't know of any that feature an Islamic theme (at least, not any popular ones).

You might want to try and get a DVD/Blu-ray set for the Prophet Yusuf television show produced in Iran with English subtitles. It's very well done, of high quality (so they won't feel like they're watching something from the '80s) and very Islamic. I certainly enjoyed it a lot when I was around that age but, again, it would depend on whether they like that sort of stuff in the first place. You could also try a similar series named Mukhtarnameh, which is about the life of Mukhtar al-Thaqafi.

Thank you, I have a feeling they wouldn't have the patience for it though. The Mukhtar series was playing on the tv when everyone was at the house one time and they didn't seem interested. 

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

Thanks that is a really good idea, I could even attach a cute little note to it with a relevant hadith to help them remember. If you know any good colognes let me know plz. 

I know a lot of good colognes, but might not be suitable for teenagers.

Few of my favs;

1. Chanel bleu for men
  2. sauvage
  3. Armani Code
  4. Gucci Guilty
  5. Creed Aventus - but too expensive for me. 
  6. Polo black is pretty good. 

• Veteran Member
28 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

There both teenagers they are most likely not really that interested in Islamic stuff. 

Exactly. But I would like to encourage them to be interested in more Islamic stuff. I feel it is a waste of a gift if I am promoting mindlessness and ghaflah which they already have enough of. The least I can do is try to inspire some interest in their religion. 

I think the colgne idea might be a tad too expensive after all. I have a lot of other people I need to get gifts for too and I don't want to spend a lot of money (because I don't have much atm). I want it to be something meaningful. 

Thank you for your ideas though. 

8 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

Exactly. But I would like to encourage them to be interested in more Islamic stuff. I feel it is a waste of a gift if I am promoting mindlessness and ghaflah which they already have enough of. The least I can do is try to inspire some interest in their religion. 

I think the colgne idea might be a tad too expensive after all. I have a lot of other people I need to get gifts for too and I don't want to spend a lot of money (because I don't have much atm). I want it to be something meaningful. 

Thank you for your ideas though. 

When I was a teenager, little beautiful religious gifts really made me want to practice the religion more.

My sister once bought me a cashmere prayer mat from Oman, I sometimes received a nice tasbeeh/sibha/rosary, sometimes a nice piece of Islamic art, etc. Those things all helped me practice the faith more.

You could take their names and do some form of calligraphy of a hadith which is about the personality/meaning of their name? Or commission a friend to do it free of charge!

Or you could buy cheap "prayer perfumes".

I really miss those days now :(

• Advanced Member

- Buy them an Islamic movie called "313". Its kinda cheesy but it works

- Buy them a prayer mat with their favorite artwork embedded on it

- Buy them a shooting video game. Every time they kill someone tell them it's Sheitan. Good intentions count right?

- Buy them Islamic books

- Buy them calligraphy pens and ask them to draw Islamic calligraphy

but yeah