Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Natsu

Reading the holy quran in a different language

Rate this topic

Hello,

ive been living in an arab country my whole life but since im not arab and i speak PERSIAN with my family and ENGLISH with my friends,im not really good at arabic

i understand that you must recite the quran in arabic but the thing is I CAN read most of the words well but i cant understand it and as far as ik,u must understand the quran rather than just reading it

i’d like to get some advice from you guys

1 - علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن النوفلي، عن السكوني، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال: قال النبي (صلى الله عليه وآله): إن الرجل الاعجمي من امتي ليقرأ القرآن بعجمية فترفعه الملائكة على عربية.

Ali ibn Ibraheem from his father from Al-Noufali from As-Sakuni from Abu Abdillah (عليه السلام) who said that the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله) said: Indeed the non-arab man from my nation who recites/reads the Quran in a non-Arabic language is raised by the angels in Arabic. 

Also, you should learn Arabic brother. It is quite sad to see many Muslims live so long in Arab countries yet do not learn the language of the Quran. 

Edited by Shi3i_jadeed

I don't think there's any problem in that, the most important thing is that you must understand  the words of Allah and follow them. Reading Quran in Arabic is for Thawab,  Also, for a better understanding of Quran you'll have to learn Arabic. Only in Arabic,  you'll be able to know the actual depth of Allah's words. 

If you want to understand Quran And Get Thawab also. Then you can read it in Arabic along with translation.  But if you want to get in depth knowledge of all the verses then I think translation will not be enough for you. 

Salaam, 

i read the Quran in English because I don’t understand Arabic. My intention is to read the Devine book and interpret its message to my own understanding. I have read A lot of different translations of the Quran because they are also someone translation/ interpretation on the Quran so bear that in mind. 

I believe it is best for me to understand the Quran and the messages it gives me ( it gives me something new every time I read it). Arabic is a hard language so I understand how hard it is to read and the desire to fully, comfortably be able to read the Quran. So don’t let it dishearten you. If you can learn Arabic that’s amazing but in the mean time read it in which ever language you would like. But remember to read more than one translation for better understanding and knowledge. 

I hope that’s helped.  

On 7/31/2018 at 12:50 AM, aleena1904 said:

i read the Quran in English because I don’t understand Arabic. My intention is to read the Devine book and interpret its message to my own understanding. I have read A lot of different translations of the Quran because they are also someone translation/ interpretation on the Quran so bear that in mind. 

The website DarulQuran.co.uk is an educational platform which intends to teach and spread the Quranic teachings by using the modern means of Information Technology, at the same time as holding the belief that, in speech and action, the Quran is the greatest and most important miracle of God.

Vision: Our aim in developing this website is to create an educational environment accessible to all who are interested in learning from the various Quranic sciences.

Mission: Our approach and our mission also include the establishment of an appropriate education platform for the study of all the branches of the Quranic sciences using an academic approach and in accordance with the most advanced technological educational methods.

http://darulquran.co.uk/en/    (shia islamic center)