Saajida

Sick during ramadan

Salam 

I hope everyone is having a good ramadan. 

Since this year it has been abit unfortunate for me. I got sick afew days before ramadan (bad coughing/choking, blocked/runny nose/ migrane etc) and I really hoped it would get better but its been like over a week and its still not going ?? It happened 1 day last ramadan I was in school and randomly felt like i was choking from a cough fit i had to run and drink water from the closest fountain. And it keeps happening now during the day time and once the fit starts it becomes unbearable until i drink water (its sometimes hard to breathe or i feel like ill throw up). Other than the choking sessions its not unbearable so im not sure whether i should fast and drink water when i get those fits (like try and keep my fast) or not fast to begin with? I heard breaking a fast midway is worse? Idk. I feel guilty both ways if im honest. not fasting just because of something so trivial as a cold or whatever this is since i never get colds only hayfever but this doesn't seem like it is that  ?   (yes i've taken medicine but this..  it decided it just had to come at this time of the year and not budge)  

What should i do?   

4 hours ago, Saajida said:

What should i do?   

Salam you can take & use your medicine until you feel that you are healthy & able to do fast ,you can fast that your sick day broken after you get well.:)