Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do men have a harder time accepting rejection

• Advanced Member

Men? no, men don't care, men trust in Allah's plan and moves on with  their life. Boy's on the other hand do, yes, if a boy gets rejected, it trains his heart to accept Allah's plan and become a man.

• Veteran Member

It all comes down to experience, obviously younger guys will react differently, but you grow, you learn and you know the score.

Men tend to get infatuated quite easily, and being rejected when you have that kind of emotion does hurt, but you get over it quite fast.

Women on the other hand tend to be more cautious in the early days, but they tend to actually fall in love, and love makes them do stupid things, be it to stay with an abusive man or even to go full on psycho when a man leaves her.

• Veteran Member
49 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

It all comes down to experience, obviously younger guys will react differently, but you grow, you learn and you know the score.

Men tend to get infatuated quite easily, and being rejected when you have that kind of emotion does hurt, but you get over it quite fast.

Women on the other hand tend to be more cautious in the early days, but they tend to actually fall in love, and love makes them do stupid things, be it to stay with an abusive man or even to go full on psycho when a man leaves her.

Are you sure love's really the reason for that? :hahaha:

2 hours ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

^ That question is an oxymoron. You cannot be rejected by someone you don't know.

I meant when guys ask for a girl's hand in marriage, they usually don't know much about her personally, like your not very attached. Does it still hurt when you get rejected by a girl you didn't really know? Thats what I meant

• Veteran Member
Just now, Amira00 said:

I meant when guys ask for a girl's hand in marriage, they usually don't know much about her personally, like your not very attached. Does it still hurt when you get rejected by a girl you didn't really know? Thats what I meant

So, in an arranged marriage-type situation? I'll tell you when a rishta aunty sets me up. Though, no woman could possibly resist my dashing good looks and incessant charm so I can't promise I would have an answer even then.

3 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

So, in an arranged marriage-type situation? I'll tell you when a rishta aunty sets me up. Though, no woman could possibly resist my dashing good looks and incessant charm so I can't promise I would have an answer even then.

That's not really an arranged marriage , but okay, itd be great if everyone had your dashing confidence.

1 minute ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Well, if it's not an arranged marriage, why would you ask for a girl's hand in marriage if you didn't actually know her?

Some people approach a girl or her dad when they've like probably spoken a bit, or know of her and intend to known her more but within their parents supervision, Idk how to explain it. It's like youre approaching the girl with the intention of marriage but you want to get to know Each other first.

• Veteran Member
33 minutes ago, mesbah said:

Yes, men find rejection harder,

but not because they are weaker or more sensitive,  no,

Actually because they are not used to it like the way girls are!   :hahaha:

You haven't known a lot of teenage girls have you?

Will my friends 'like' this color nail polish? ls my hair color right? Did l buy the 'correct' scarf?  Are these the 'right' jeans?

"She hasn't called me in 3 hours !"  " :dwarf: Don't use the phone. Somebody may call ME !"

"l want my :braveheart: !"

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

You haven't known a lot of teenage girls have you?

Will my friends 'like' this color nail polish? ls my hair color right? Did l buy the 'correct' scarf?  Are these the 'right' jeans?

"She hasn't called me in 3 hours !"  " :dwarf: Don't use the phone. Somebody may call ME !"

"l want my :braveheart: !"

Exactly because they demand more acceptance, they experience more rejection.

• Advanced Member

It depends on the situation and the severity of the emotional pain that a person experiences with rejection. In a situation where the guy doesn't know the person very well, they are less likely to experience anything drastic. If they do, then the pain might dissipate away quickly. Another factor to consider is their life circumstances, which also have an impact on the magnitude of the pain they experience. For example, if a guy has limited relationship opportunities, and gets rejected by someone they barely know, then they will probably agonize over the problem as much as those getting rejected by someone they really love or care about. And dare I say, I don't think there are any "real" gender differences. :dry:

Edited by Zarla

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

I'll tell you when a rishta aunty sets me up

Those rishta auntys....LOL :hahaha: !!!

• Advanced Member

This is for all the brothers and sisters out here- pick up George Bernard Shaw's drama 'Arms and the Man', study the character of Sergius Saranoff, and see how men react to rejection. 
Hue hue hue hue !!!!:hahaha:

• Advanced Member
On 5/28/2018 at 11:09 AM, hasanhh said:

l was always a poor nobody. So l am use to 'rejection' by about everybody.  :accident:"A plausible excuse when you have no personality."

Brother, the key is confidence. A little bit of confidence mixed with a pinch of charm will go a long way. You'll have sisters running behind you in no time.

• Advanced Member
On 5/26/2018 at 4:53 PM, Sisterfatima1 said:

Salam in my opinion it is yes

what are your opinions  and experience ?

I thought guys and girls are all equal. Didn't we just have a conversation on feminism? 

Jokes aside, I think it all depends.

My experience (flipped):

Back in high school I once politely rejected a girl that terribly loved me. She would freaken write notes and give them to my brother to pass on to me. It was super awkward. She thought I was too shy to admit it. But I never had a feeling for her. As an obedient servant of God, I could not tolerate the painful punishment of hellfire so I immediately rejected. Actually the real reason why I rejected her was because 1. I wasn't attracted to her and 2. My dad would kick my behind real hard had I entered the relationship. Mostly 2.

But yeah she was bummed. But to be honest I felt really "cool" deep inside. I felt like I was the king of all kings... Rejecting a lady. But yeah.

• Advanced Member

No, life is not a bed of roses, why cry over something so minor. Why ponder over a person that doesn't like you? Move on, heck even the person you do end up with if you do end up with one, one day you have to die, and then it's all futile anyway. Life is meaningless, don't waste too much time thinking about it. 

Edited by Mohamed1993

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

No, life is not a bed of roses, why cry over something so minor. Why ponder over a person that doesn't like you? Move on, heck even the person you do end up with if you do end up with one, one day you have to die, and then it's all futile anyway. Life is meaningless, don't waste too much time thinking about it. 

I agree with this 100%. With everything going on in this world, I don't understand how someone can consider this a real problem. And many men complain about this problem only: I don't know if it is really the biggest problem in their lives, or they only choose to complain about this problem only. Whenever I hear a man complaining about this, I always think: I wish biggest problem in my life was someone rejecting me. I think much bigger problem is when you live with someone for years, and you get rejected every single day. A person who calls you ugly, dislikes everything you do, compares you with many other people and constantly degrades and insults you. When you deal with this kind of behavior every single day for many years, that IS a real problem. And unfortunately, many married women deal with this problem for decades. Also, when we say things like it's hard for men to accept rejection, don't we give them an excuse to throw acids on women's faces or kill women for rejecting a proposal or other kind of advances? I wish I could ask some man: If you claim to love a woman so much, how can you put her in so much pain? What kind of love is that? 

Edited by rkazmi33