Sisterfatima1

Do men have a harder time accepting rejection

On 5/28/2018 at 11:09 AM, hasanhh said:

l was always a poor nobody. So l am use to 'rejection' by about everybody.  :accident:"A plausible excuse when you have no personality."

Brother, the key is confidence. A little bit of confidence mixed with a pinch of charm will go a long way. You'll have sisters running behind you in no time.

On 5/26/2018 at 4:53 PM, Sisterfatima1 said:

Salam in my opinion it is yes

what are your opinions  and experience ?

I thought guys and girls are all equal. Didn't we just have a conversation on feminism? 

Jokes aside, I think it all depends.

My experience (flipped):

Back in high school I once politely rejected a girl that terribly loved me. She would freaken write notes and give them to my brother to pass on to me. It was super awkward. She thought I was too shy to admit it. But I never had a feeling for her. As an obedient servant of God, I could not tolerate the painful punishment of hellfire so I immediately rejected. Actually the real reason why I rejected her was because 1. I wasn't attracted to her and 2. My dad would kick my behind real hard had I entered the relationship. Mostly 2.

But yeah she was bummed. But to be honest I felt really "cool" deep inside. I felt like I was the king of all kings... Rejecting a lady. But yeah.

No, life is not a bed of roses, why cry over something so minor. Why ponder over a person that doesn't like you? Move on, heck even the person you do end up with if you do end up with one, one day you have to die, and then it's all futile anyway. Life is meaningless, don't waste too much time thinking about it. 

Edited by Mohamed1993

10 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

No, life is not a bed of roses, why cry over something so minor. Why ponder over a person that doesn't like you? Move on, heck even the person you do end up with if you do end up with one, one day you have to die, and then it's all futile anyway. Life is meaningless, don't waste too much time thinking about it. 

I agree with this 100%. With everything going on in this world, I don't understand how someone can consider this a real problem. And many men complain about this problem only: I don't know if it is really the biggest problem in their lives, or they only choose to complain about this problem only. Whenever I hear a man complaining about this, I always think: I wish biggest problem in my life was someone rejecting me. I think much bigger problem is when you live with someone for years, and you get rejected every single day. A person who calls you ugly, dislikes everything you do, compares you with many other people and constantly degrades and insults you. When you deal with this kind of behavior every single day for many years, that IS a real problem. And unfortunately, many married women deal with this problem for decades. Also, when we say things like it's hard for men to accept rejection, don't we give them an excuse to throw acids on women's faces or kill women for rejecting a proposal or other kind of advances? I wish I could ask some man: If you claim to love a woman so much, how can you put her in so much pain? What kind of love is that? 

Edited by rkazmi33