Jump to content
Sisterfatima1

Do men have a harder time accepting rejection

Recommended Posts

Men? no, men don't care, men trust in Allah's plan and moves on with  their life. Boy's on the other hand do, yes, if a boy gets rejected, it trains his heart to accept Allah's plan and become a man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So do men feel heartbroken when they get rejected by someone they don't even know? I thought it would only have a significant impact if you got rejected by a person who's important to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all comes down to experience, obviously younger guys will react differently, but you grow, you learn and you know the score.

Men tend to get infatuated quite easily, and being rejected when you have that kind of emotion does hurt, but you get over it quite fast.

Women on the other hand tend to be more cautious in the early days, but they tend to actually fall in love, and love makes them do stupid things, be it to stay with an abusive man or even to go full on psycho when a man leaves her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

It all comes down to experience, obviously younger guys will react differently, but you grow, you learn and you know the score.

Men tend to get infatuated quite easily, and being rejected when you have that kind of emotion does hurt, but you get over it quite fast.

Women on the other hand tend to be more cautious in the early days, but they tend to actually fall in love, and love makes them do stupid things, be it to stay with an abusive man or even to go full on psycho when a man leaves her.

Are you sure love's really the reason for that? :hahaha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

^ That question is an oxymoron. You cannot be rejected by someone you don't know.

I meant when guys ask for a girl's hand in marriage, they usually don't know much about her personally, like your not very attached. Does it still hurt when you get rejected by a girl you didn't really know? Thats what I meant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Amira00 said:

I meant when guys ask for a girl's hand in marriage, they usually don't know much about her personally, like your not very attached. Does it still hurt when you get rejected by a girl you didn't really know? Thats what I meant

So, in an arranged marriage-type situation? I'll tell you when a rishta aunty sets me up. Though, no woman could possibly resist my dashing good looks and incessant charm so I can't promise I would have an answer even then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

So, in an arranged marriage-type situation? I'll tell you when a rishta aunty sets me up. Though, no woman could possibly resist my dashing good looks and incessant charm so I can't promise I would have an answer even then.

That's not really an arranged marriage , but okay, itd be great if everyone had your dashing confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Well, if it's not an arranged marriage, why would you ask for a girl's hand in marriage if you didn't actually know her?

Some people approach a girl or her dad when they've like probably spoken a bit, or know of her and intend to known her more but within their parents supervision, Idk how to explain it. It's like youre approaching the girl with the intention of marriage but you want to get to know Each other first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, men find rejection harder,

but not because they are weaker or more sensitive,  no,

Actually because they are not used to it like the way girls are!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mesbah said:

Yes, men find rejection harder,

but not because they are weaker or more sensitive,  no,

Actually because they are not used to it like the way girls are!   :hahaha:

You haven't known a lot of teenage girls have you?

Will my friends 'like' this color nail polish? ls my hair color right? Did l buy the 'correct' scarf?  Are these the 'right' jeans?

"She hasn't called me in 3 hours !"  " :dwarf: Don't use the phone. Somebody may call ME !"

"l want my :braveheart: !"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

You haven't known a lot of teenage girls have you?

Will my friends 'like' this color nail polish? ls my hair color right? Did l buy the 'correct' scarf?  Are these the 'right' jeans?

"She hasn't called me in 3 hours !"  " :dwarf: Don't use the phone. Somebody may call ME !"

"l want my :braveheart: !"

Exactly because they demand more acceptance, they experience more rejection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on the situation and the severity of the emotional pain that a person experiences with rejection. In a situation where the guy doesn't know the person very well, they are less likely to experience anything drastic. If they do, then the pain might dissipate away quickly. Another factor to consider is their life circumstances, which also have an impact on the magnitude of the pain they experience. For example, if a guy has limited relationship opportunities, and gets rejected by someone they barely know, then they will probably agonize over the problem as much as those getting rejected by someone they really love or care about. And dare I say, I don't think there are any "real" gender differences. :dry:

Edited by Zarla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

I'll tell you when a rishta aunty sets me up

Those rishta auntys....LOL :hahaha: !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is for all the brothers and sisters out here- pick up George Bernard Shaw's drama 'Arms and the Man', study the character of Sergius Saranoff, and see how men react to rejection. 
Hue hue hue hue !!!!:hahaha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×