Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SIAR14

Shia lacking on Social Media.

Rate this topic

:bismillah::salam:

Why is that Shia Muslim content is lacking on Social media platform such as Facebook and Youtube. Hardly there is any Youtube channel or Facebook page with Shia content where followers are above 10k. On social media shia admins mostly share conflicting issues or lectures of non-shia scholars who seconds some of our ideology. But unfortunately there are hardly any shia pages or channel which talks on common ground to attract people towards shia islam.

On the other hand youtube channel and facebook pages with non-shia content and speakers are growing day by day. Every other non-shia facebook page and channel has followers near 0.1 million. Even if you don't want to listen to non-shia speakers or lectures, somehow they come infront of you. Often their content is so misleading but people do get convince what ever they are saying is true just because those speakers don't talk on conflicting issues. Majortity of these speakers are wahabi or deoband. 

Don't you think Shia social media team need to be more smart and active on youtube and facebook? We need to produce shia speakers who can spread basic Islam without talking on conflicting issues and educate people what shia islam is. 

:ws:

:salam:

I find shia islam is quite well represented on social media actually. 

But unfortunately, more as «shiaism» than «Islam as taught per Ahlul beit» (as).

Just as you recognise a shia website by picture of Imam Hussein's shrine while sunnis feature the Kaaba, you recognise a shia channel by names like «Ya Ali» while sunnis will be like «One Ummah».

So yes basically, audiences are already pre-selected and anybody with a bias will be like, «oh oh this is shia stuff».

I think it's because Sunnis are greater in number than Shias, therefore their speakers get more views not because they are exceptional, but rather that they have more followers.

I don't want to mention any names, but some of the salafi speakers have no intellectual grounds to be standing on the pulpit and giving speeches, but despite this they get a million views. When I was a younger I used to be attracted to such speakers, thinking that they are the leaders of the ummah. Unfortunately some people can get misled by knowing that Sunni/salafi speakers get more views etc.

However I realized that the message of Ahlulbayt (as) is more pure, despite our YouTube channels and speakers having no more than 8k, 10k views. There are so many of our speakers who deserve more views, but unfortunately only Shias watch their lectures.

I do hope that non-Muslims do get the message of Ahlulbayt (as) before they are misled by a salafi speaker. 

6 hours ago, realizm said:

Just as you recognise a shia website by picture of Imam Hussein's shrine while sunnis feature the Kaaba, you recognise a shia channel by names like «Ya Ali» while sunnis will be like «One Ummah».

Usually I don't see any shia speaker talking with audience about Ikhlaq or good and bad habits. Where as there are a lot of non-shia speakers who just speak on these issues and people like to hear them. You will not see such speaker talking about what happened to Islam 1400 years ago. They will talk only current problems and solution of muslims.

I think non-shia are dominating us on social media.

Edited by SIAR14

5 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I think it's because Sunnis are greater in number than Shias, therefore their speakers get more views not because they are

Brother majority sunni don't know which ideology they belong to, they listen to them as these salafi talks on common ground and then convey their ideology between the lines. They present people version of Quran which suits their sect. 

A part that you don't see any shia speakers talking on basic things like Prayer and Fasting. Shia content is either for higher intellectual people or people who are aware of history of Islam but when layman come to listen to our scholars/ speakera they don't have any idea what we are talking about or they think we just talk on sectarian issues.

Syed Ammar was getting popular on such platforms but unfortunately he became controversial. I think some speakers should play their role on social media and just talk on basic issue and quote sayings Ahlul Bayth (A .S) in their lectures, so non-shia audience also get connected with Ahlul Bayth (A.S)

2 hours ago, AnotherShepherd said:

Because a lot of the content on YouTube is too busy defending and identifying itself as Shiaism and not offering more constructive religious content. 

Yes, people lie too much on shia islam. A lot of engery and time get wasted on defending shia school of thought and telling people what is the reality.

1 hour ago, realizm said:

Honestly this da`wah stuff brings me immediately bad feelings.

Actually they are misleading people who have no knowledge of Islam, shia preachers need to fill this vacuum and give true dawa'h of Ahlul Bayth (A.S) on social media.

On 5/26/2018 at 10:35 PM, realizm said:

But unfortunately, more as «shiaism» than «Islam as taught per Ahlul beit» (as).

This is how they have smartly preached their ideology. Under the banner of Islam they are preachering salafism and wahhabism. Unfortunately people don't know when such ideologies come to impelment their preaching they end up creating Talibaan, Al-Qaida And Daesh.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:14 AM, SIAR14 said:

part that you don't see any shia speakers talking on basic things like Prayer and Fasting. Shia content is either for higher intellectual people or people who are aware of history of Islam but when layman come to listen to our scholars/ speakera they don't have any idea what we are talking about or they think we just talk on sectarian issues.

I agree that Shia speakers who talk about sectarian issues become slightly popular, maybe because that is when Salafis feel the need to watch our videos and attack us in the YouTube comment section. 

I agree that we need more speakers who can talk about the traditions of Ahlulbayt (as) in an eloquent manner that would attract everyone, including the youth. Our madhab is very pure and it in itself can attract almost anyone, but we just need regular speakers who can convey the message. We only find the highly intellectual scholars on the pulpit who will talk about akhlaq, piety etc. But not everyone will be able to understand them.

Shiekh Mohammad Shomali is an example of a speaker/alim who I highly admire. I wish we had more speakers like him.

Religious periorities gone wrong -Sayed Ammar Nakhshawani 

https://youtu.be/xQyhqvaheeE

Imam Al- Mahdi 1st night of Ramadan 2018- Sheikh Mustafa Akhund 

https://youtu.be/phBc3ArN794

Today my younger brother asked me to share full lecture on karbala, so he can share with one of his suni friend. But when I typed "karbala" on youtube, majortiry lectures I got are from non-shias scholars and unfortunately there is not a single full lecture from famous shia scholar about karbala on youtube in urdu or english.

This made me so sad, our next generation might not go to majlis as much we went. They might prefer to hear lecutres on social media but when they will try to find a lecture on specific topic, they will end up listening to scholars who are biased. Which is so misleading.