alidu78

Did Hezbollah totally abandon his original goal?

Rate this topic

Salam aleykoum, 

As you may know at the origin the goal of Hezbollah was to est lavish an Islamic Republic in Lebanon however Sayed Nasrallah later said that it was not possible because non Shia are too much in Lebanon and that would create a Civil War (wich I think it is here absolutely right) however didn't he totally give up this goal or could he do that later? 

For exemple even if it is utopic for the moment if one day Shia Muslims increase in Lebanon for different reasons and become something like 80% of the population could Hezbollah try again to establish an Islamic Republic in Lebanon? I don't find it but I think I saw one video explaining something like that a long time ago this is why I ask that. 

CNSBJYGPTEI6PAN4YVNCEDEMXY.jpg.8712edf655ff355ea3e4aea09834c2d3.jpg

Who said that was the 'original' goal?

I mean, those who (allegedly) set this goal, couldn't realize the civil war issue and they needed Sayyid Hassan after 20 years to realize this?

If you look at Shia situation in Lebanon 20/30 years ago, you'll realize such a goal for Shia at that was childishly ambitious. It was a matter of survival for Shia back then.

Such talks about Hizbullah establishing IR in Lebanon sound more like anti-resistance accusations.

57 minutes ago, mesbah said:

Who said that was the 'original' goal?

I mean, those who (allegedly) set this goal, couldn't realize the civil war issue and they needed Sayyid Hassan after 20 years to realize this?

If you look at Shia situation in Lebanon 20/30 years ago, you'll realize such a goal for Shia at that was childishly ambitious. It was a matter of survival for Shia back then.

Such talks about Hizbullah establishing IR in Lebanon sound more like anti-resistance accusations.

I don't understand your statement brother. That was maybe not the only original goal but that was among the objective of hezbollah at the beginning. You said this is "anti resistance" to say that? In which ways exactly? For being "resistant" we must be secular? 

2 hours ago, alidu78 said:

I don't understand your statement brother. That was maybe not the only original goal but that was among the objective of hezbollah at the beginning. You said this is "anti resistance" to say that? In which ways exactly? For being "resistant" we must be secular? 

Brother you claimed something, I asked for evidence. 

It is anti resistance to accuse Hizbullah of trying to take over Lebanon. 

29 minutes ago, mesbah said:

Brother you claimed something, I asked for evidence. 

It is anti resistance to accuse Hizbullah of trying to take over Lebanon. 

Just see video I posted in first comment. Also I don't see in why establishing Islamic Republic if majority of Lebanese are Shia Muslims is "taking over Lebanon". 

8 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

You need to understand that Hezbollah was born during war times with every group claiming Lebanon for themselves.

Of course you are totally right. When he did this speech that was in total different context. Like I said now hezbollah can't establish an Islamic Republic in Lebanon because non shias are many. However I was also talking about a specific context. 

I was talking about if vast majority of population of Lebanon become later shias (like 80 %) could hezbollah would again propose this idea of establishing an Islamic Republic. That would be of course not "imposing", that would be a proposition asked to Lebanese where also non shias could participate without problem. That was my point.