shia farm girl

Is this in the Old/New Testament?

Rate this topic

As salaamun aleikum/Shalom/Peace:)

I was recently listening to lecture wherein the speaker said that somewhere in the Bible,there is a verse that says:

"Your outside is to perish, your inner side is Me."

Do any of our dear Christian or Jewish brothers and sisters or anyone else happen to know where in the Bible this would be, or if it even exists, to the best of your knowledge? The lecturer gave the Arabic translation of it, as well as the English, so I imagine the person they were quoting found it in an Arabic Bible, but if the translation has managed to preserve the context and true meaning of the verse, it should still be obvious what the point is, in sha Allah. The source I had heard it from doesn't mention whether it is Old or New testament so it could be anywhere within either of the two.

@eThErEaL  @Christianlady  @LeftCoastMom 

...and please, if you know anyone else that may be of any help, please tag them. A few of their screen names escape me:(

Thank you for any input.

W/s

2 Corinthians 4 New International Version (NIV)

Present Weakness and Resurrection Life

13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.”[b] Since we have that same spirit of[c] faith, we also believe and therefore speak,14 because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself.15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Edited by iCambrian

And of course, the most commonly referred to passage of all scripture...Since we are referring to corinthians

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 New International Version (NIV)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. 

Edited by iCambrian