Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is your deepest religious experience?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

Salam it was my last visit to Imam Reza (as) it was really a trembling experience & Mashhad Ardehal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mashhad_Ardehal   which calls Karbala of Iran .

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kazz

Personally my deepest religious experience was when I was one time prostrated facing Keblah when I suddenly felt like a drop of divine love fell in my heart, I can not put it in expression it was as if my heart was a pool and some drop of love fell in it, I was suddenly overwhelmed by this feeling of divine love. It was very short moment though, to this day I reflect on what happened and still don't know exactly what happened.

Thanks for all of your replies :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
15 minutes ago, Guest Kazz said:

Personally my deepest religious experience was when I was one time prostrated facing Keblah when I suddenly felt like a drop of divine love fell in my heart, I can not put it in expression it was as if my heart was a pool and some drop of love fell in it, I was suddenly overwhelmed by this feeling of divine love. It was very short moment though, to this day I reflect on what happened and still don't know exactly what happened.

Thanks for all of your replies :)

I wish I could like your reply. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
On 5/26/2018 at 12:59 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mashhad_Ardehal   which calls Karbala of Iran .

You mean the carpet washing ceremony?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
6 hours ago, starlight said:

You mean the carpet washing ceremony?

I didn’t participate at that my journey was a week before current month of Ramadan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I didn’t participate at that my journey was a week before current month of Ramadan.

Oh, okay. I was curious about the religious significance of mashhad ardehal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, starlight said:

Oh, okay. I was curious about the religious significance of mashhad ardehal. 

It is said Imam Sadiq (as) who visits there is like as visits Imam Hussain shrine in Karbala & story of his martyrdom is very similar to martyrdom of Imam Hussain  (as)

There is Shrine of Shah Abdul Azim near Tehran also wich Imam Hadi (as) said who visits Imam Hussain  (as)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

During Muharram on the night of Ashura whilst in the state of loss, mourning, the Sheikh said:

"Now take your souls & fly to Karbala''

Now that's something else!!! 

& to top it with the beauty seen by Lady Zainab(as) is...

:byecry:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

I was in a really helpless place, and couldn’t stop crying after holding a very strong front for what seemed to feel like a very long time. 

I started asking Allah for mercy and help, and started repeating “Ya Rehman Ya Rahim” After a while I realised I’d suddenly calmed down, completely. But then everythint struck me again and I started crying again, and started repeating the words again. 

Once again suddenly, it felt as if suddenly I was completely okay. That there was nothing to worry about, and I dont even know how to explain it. It was like I couldn’t cry any more because as if there was nothing to cry about. 

It was so beautiful, and indescribable :love:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Thank you for this interesting and fascinating question! The absolute defining moment of conversion is the top of anything, Christ forgave my sins! He loves me! He wants to dwell within me by His Holy Spirit and be with me throughout my life and then receive me into His glorious Kingdom at the time of physical death! What an awesome God! What incredible love! Now it is daily seeking Him. Asking Him to be in control and following His steps. Learning more of who He is. His grace. His mercy. An awesome and incredible God.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Basic Members

Mine was when I first laid eyes on my master's in Karbala after 11 years. It was breathtaking and heartrending. I remember when I first went in 2003, I neglected it since I was young and lacked ma'rifah (clear recognition) and following that trip I gained more insight and beat myself constantly. Couldn't believe I was there and it wasn't until 2011 when I went again and it was surely surreal. Everything changed after that and I have been going almost every year since 2003. Amen.

Only thing left now is to visit Mecca and Madinah, as well as Syria. Insh`Allah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Some 1,5 month ago, or a bit less.

Before that I'd lost complete touch with Islam, I was really depressed as well, but was getting better by the day. At some point I decided to pick up Salah again, and to read Qur'an everyday (I'd had not done any of this for over a year, may God forgive me). It was a difficult act at the start, as my mind would wander and be elsewhere. But as I kept going, and as I kept reading Qur'an, and listening to Du'a in nature and pondering about everything I reached point where I was actually overwhelmed. 

It started with me and a friend hanging out at night, longboarding. At some point I couldn't stop thinking about God, even though my friend was constantly talking to me, I wasn't really present. We laid in nature and just watched the stars, he was thinking about a girl he liked, he wanted to talk about it, but I was thinking about God. My conciousness had shifted, my state of mind was altered during that night, I looked up my ''symptoms'' the next morning.  Depersonalisation came up, but I'd none of the negative symptoms, my whole experience was that of having lost myself, in a constant focus on God, and it was beautiful in a way I can't explain. Things felt fake, a simulation...and the only reality in all of it was God.

At some point after Salatul Fajr, I remember trembling from fear of God. I felt paralysed, I knew it was both good and bad, bad because fear should be accompanied with hope, but good because I was truly aware of reality. I was really overwhelmed, suddenly so many sins came up, things I'd forgotten for years, things I thought were really insignificant, they suddenly came up. I'd realized how little I was, and how stupid I was for thinking I was a good human being. My sins pained me not because of punishment, but because I felt so weak and distant from God, and I wanted so much to be nearer. My prayers were really something else during that time, I'd have a lump in my throat during the day, and all of it would come out during my prayers.

If just I could explain better, but I can't. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member
On 6/8/2018 at 5:39 PM, DarConall said:

Some 1,5 month ago, or a bit less.

Before that I'd lost complete touch with Islam, I was really depressed as well, but was getting better by the day. At some point I decided to pick up Salah again, and to read Qur'an everyday (I'd had not done any of this for over a year, may God forgive me). It was a difficult act at the start, as my mind would wander and be elsewhere. But as I kept going, and as I kept reading Qur'an, and listening to Du'a in nature and pondering about everything I reached point where I was actually overwhelmed. 

It started with me and a friend hanging out at night, longboarding. At some point I couldn't stop thinking about God, even though my friend was constantly talking to me, I wasn't really present. We laid in nature and just watched the stars, he was thinking about a girl he liked, he wanted to talk about it, but I was thinking about God. My conciousness had shifted, my state of mind was altered during that night, I looked up my ''symptoms'' the next morning.  Depersonalisation came up, but I'd none of the negative symptoms, my whole experience was that of having lost myself, in a constant focus on God, and it was beautiful in a way I can't explain. Things felt fake, a simulation...and the only reality in all of it was God.

At some point after Salatul Fajr, I remember trembling from fear of God. I felt paralysed, I knew it was both good and bad, bad because fear should be accompanied with hope, but good because I was truly aware of reality. I was really overwhelmed, suddenly so many sins came up, things I'd forgotten for years, things I thought were really insignificant, they suddenly came up. I'd realized how little I was, and how stupid I was for thinking I was a good human being. My sins pained me not because of punishment, but because I felt so weak and distant from God, and I wanted so much to be nearer. My prayers were really something else during that time, I'd have a lump in my throat during the day, and all of it would come out during my prayers.

If just I could explain better, but I can't. 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Reading your post, had tears streaming down my face.  God is most merciful. 

Quran, duas, and prayer all has a positive effect on you.  Alhamd'Allah you have tried it and you have seen the difference it has made in your life.

Everytime I remember, I say this du32,

Allahoma i5raj hob al dunya min qalbi 

God remove the love of this life from my heart.

Keep doing what you are doing, but if you can add to your acts of worship learning more about Ahulbayt their lives (seera) and listening to majalis Aba 3bd Allah.

God bless you.  Insh'Allah you are among the Shias of Ali.

@Miss Wonderful what happened habibti this past month?

Why was this month different than previous years?

Kul 3m wa anti bekhayr *three kisses*

M3 Salamah,  Fe Amin Allah 

Edited by Laayla
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Basic Members

This is such an interesting topic! I've really enjoyed getting to read everyone's responses, thank you all for sharing :)

Two months or so ago I was wrestling with this very question in my heart, longing to have a profound experience or feeling of God's presence with me. I spent quite some time of crying out to God in prayer, asking Him why I wasn't getting the same kind of deep and personal experiences of His presence that some of my family members had been having at that time. After a few hours of praying and asking God to reveal Himself to me in the same or similar way that I had heard others were, I finally sensed Him speak something to me that completely comforted my heart. I sensed God telling me that He wasn't giving me exactly the same experience that other had because He knew that He could trust me to remain strong in my faith and commitment to Him whether or not I got to have a particular experience. All of my fears of not being "spiritual enough" for God were completely relieved, and I felt such peace knowing that God had heard my prayer, that He is present with me, and that He loves me, He is my perfectly loving and personal heavenly father.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
On 6/3/2018 at 12:21 PM, Zellali said:

I was in a really helpless place, and couldn’t stop crying after holding a very strong front for what seemed to feel like a very long time. 

I started asking Allah for mercy and help, and started repeating “Ya Rehman Ya Rahim” After a while I realised I’d suddenly calmed down, completely. But then everythint struck me again and I started crying again, and started repeating the words again. 

Once again suddenly, it felt as if suddenly I was completely okay. That there was nothing to worry about, and I dont even know how to explain it. It was like I couldn’t cry any more because as if there was nothing to cry about. 

It was so beautiful, and indescribable :love:

Bismehe Ta3ala 

You called on Allah and he quickly answered.  Thank you for sharing dear sister.  God bless you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 6/19/2018 at 5:18 AM, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Reading your post, had tears streaming down my face.  God is most merciful. 

Quran, duas, and prayer all has a positive effect on you.  Alhamd'Allah you have tried it and you have seen the difference it has made in your life.

Everytime I remember, I say this du32,

Allahoma i5raj hob al dunya min qalbi 

God remove the love of this life from my heart.

Keep doing what you are doing, but if you can add to your acts of worship learning more about Ahulbayt their lives (seera) and listening to majalis Aba 3bd Allah.

God bless you.  Insh'Allah you are among the Shias of Ali.

@Miss Wonderful what happened habibti this past month?

Why was this month different than previous years?

Kul 3m wa anti bekhayr *three kisses*

M3 Salamah,  Fe Amin Allah 

Thank you for your advice.

I've been confused as to how to learn about ahlulbayt (as). Should I read narrations from al-Kafi? Or are there books dedicated to each individual imam? Did the imams themselves write anything about the things they contributed to? I'm sure I can come up with more question, but you get the gist. 

Yesterday I read this https://www.al-islam.org/articles/imam-jafar-al-sadiqs-contribution-sciences-hasnain-suchedina

I can't seem to find any sources for it, but the claims made are big and definitely need sources. 

I understand this really is not the topic to place this question in, but since you mentioned it already I hoped you could help anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, DarConall said:

I understand this really is not the topic to place this question in, but since you mentioned it already I hoped you could help anywa

I depends on any person most of Arabic & Farsi books that translates don’t mention sources every time ,referring to sources rises after recent debates & translations ,many of books written in Farsi but not translated about this matter ,I hope you find what you want very soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
9 hours ago, DarConall said:

Thank you for your advice.

I've been confused as to how to learn about ahlulbayt (as). Should I read narrations from al-Kafi? Or are there books dedicated to each individual imam? Did the imams themselves write anything about the things they contributed to? I'm sure I can come up with more question, but you get the gist. 

Yesterday I read this https://www.al-islam.org/articles/imam-jafar-al-sadiqs-contribution-sciences-hasnain-suchedina

I can't seem to find any sources for it, but the claims made are big and definitely need sources. 

I understand this really is not the topic to place this question in, but since you mentioned it already I hoped you could help anyway.

@Qa'im

@Hameedeh

@Ibn al-Hussain

@Ibn Al-Shahid

Any sources you can provide will be greatly appreciated.  God reward you for your time and efforts

M3 Salamah,, FE AMIN Allah

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
9 hours ago, DarConall said:

Yesterday I read this https://www.al-islam.org/articles/imam-jafar-al-sadiqs-contribution-sciences-hasnain-suchedina

I can't seem to find any sources for it, but the claims made are big and definitely need sources. 

I understand this really is not the topic to place this question in, but since you mentioned it already I hoped you could help anyway.

Members have discussed this in the past. It is a controversial issue. This is probably the most recent topic:

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235006135-imam-ja’far-as-sadiq-as-contribution-to-science/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Basic Members

For me, it has always been those random acts of kindness. Born muslims have a charming way of kindness, British people have lost that... I remember I met a brother from lebanon purely by accident, once in 2004 or 5 in London. We had a short conversation, a few weeks later a huge box of books and torbahs arrived.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 6/3/2018 at 5:11 PM, co2017 said:

Thank you for this interesting and fascinating question! The absolute defining moment of conversion is the top of anything, Christ forgave my sins! He loves me! He wants to dwell within me by His Holy Spirit and be with me throughout my life and then receive me into His glorious Kingdom at the time of physical death! What an awesome God! What incredible love! Now it is daily seeking Him. Asking Him to be in control and following His steps. Learning more of who He is. His grace. His mercy. An awesome and incredible God.

Jesus Christ is not god 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators
On 7/30/2018 at 4:19 AM, Laayla said:

Sister @Hameedeh you can up the post if you ran out of likes.

Salam. I didn't run out of likes. Guests don't have the reaction button, so nobody can like their posts. As you mentioned, members can upvote the post of guests. :) 

Edited by Hameedeh
Thanks!
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

These were all so nice to read, only felt it fair I contribute what I can as well. I am bad at writing this sort of thing but...

I had met a woman (read on, it's not what you think) who expressed she wants to spend her whole life getting as close to Allah as possible, I figured this is exactly my type of woman. Details aside, fast forward 1 year, she basically tells me indirectly I try too hard to follow the Quran, that I should ignore the little things to fit in with society and family and be "moderate"; she didn't understand "moderate" had no meaning to me. Her westernized family basically said the same thing even though her parents pray 5 times a day and read Quran almost daily (I kid you not).

I would like to note I am certainly very, very, very far from perfect.

For unreconcilable differences, I left her, and what killed me isn't that I lost her, it's the realization that this wasn't the first time I was shunned for following the basics of the Quran (not even the more "advanced" things, seriously), and by muslims no less! 

It made me feel very isolated because if muslims who know the Quran are like that towards muslims, then how will non-muslims be in their hearts?

I don't know why but I started imagining meeting the Ahlulbayt (a.s) in Heaven and them saying to me you did well... you did well... and embracing me, and having Allah say Salams.

Then I just suddenly felt as though Ahlulbayt (a.s) were literally surrounding me, particularly RasoolAllah (Pbuhf) smiling with the most radiant of smiles, patting me on my shoulder, encouraging me to keep moving forward even if I were the last muslim on Earth, that Allah is always with me.

I never laughed and cried a river at the same time at any point in my life until that moment. Sounds weird but it was great. With that type of support from Allah, made me feel like I can walk on lava if it means sticking to Quran & Ahlulbayt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 6/8/2018 at 9:39 AM, DarConall said:

Some 1,5 month ago, or a bit less.

Before that I'd lost complete touch with Islam, I was really depressed as well, but was getting better by the day. At some point I decided to pick up Salah again, and to read Qur'an everyday (I'd had not done any of this for over a year, may God forgive me). It was a difficult act at the start, as my mind would wander and be elsewhere. But as I kept going, and as I kept reading Qur'an, and listening to Du'a in nature and pondering about everything I reached point where I was actually overwhelmed. 

It started with me and a friend hanging out at night, longboarding. At some point I couldn't stop thinking about God, even though my friend was constantly talking to me, I wasn't really present. We laid in nature and just watched the stars, he was thinking about a girl he liked, he wanted to talk about it, but I was thinking about God. My conciousness had shifted, my state of mind was altered during that night, I looked up my ''symptoms'' the next morning.  Depersonalisation came up, but I'd none of the negative symptoms, my whole experience was that of having lost myself, in a constant focus on God, and it was beautiful in a way I can't explain. Things felt fake, a simulation...and the only reality in all of it was God.

At some point after Salatul Fajr, I remember trembling from fear of God. I felt paralysed, I knew it was both good and bad, bad because fear should be accompanied with hope, but good because I was truly aware of reality. I was really overwhelmed, suddenly so many sins came up, things I'd forgotten for years, things I thought were really insignificant, they suddenly came up. I'd realized how little I was, and how stupid I was for thinking I was a good human being. My sins pained me not because of punishment, but because I felt so weak and distant from God, and I wanted so much to be nearer. My prayers were really something else during that time, I'd have a lump in my throat during the day, and all of it would come out during my prayers.

If just I could explain better, but I can't. 

When I was feeling overwhelmed by my sins and the holiness of God, I knew I could not go to Paradise or be in God's presence. I knew I would go to hell. Then I met Jesus. I understood He died to pay the penalty for my sins. He rose from the dead to overcome the devil, death, and the grave. I asked Him to be my Lord and save me. He took away my guilt and shame. He gave me right-standing and peace with God. I know the power that raised Christ Jesus from the dead will raise my mortal body and give me a glorified body to live in Paradise with Him forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...