Guest Kazz

What is your deepest religious experience?

Rate this question

Question

On 6/3/2018 at 5:11 PM, co2017 said:

Thank you for this interesting and fascinating question! The absolute defining moment of conversion is the top of anything, Christ forgave my sins! He loves me! He wants to dwell within me by His Holy Spirit and be with me throughout my life and then receive me into His glorious Kingdom at the time of physical death! What an awesome God! What incredible love! Now it is daily seeking Him. Asking Him to be in control and following His steps. Learning more of who He is. His grace. His mercy. An awesome and incredible God.

Jesus Christ is not god 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

Sister @Dolmaaa

In case you forgot about this thread, just a reminder of people's experiences.

I hope you are doing okay.

This video is how shaitain has negative thoughts of Allah swt.

Sister @Hameedeh you can up the post if you ran out of likes.

On 7/30/2018 at 4:19 AM, Laayla said:

Sister @Hameedeh you can up the post if you ran out of likes.

Salam. I didn't run out of likes. Guests don't have the reaction button, so nobody can like their posts. As you mentioned, members can upvote the post of guests. :) 

Edited by Hameedeh
Thanks!

These were all so nice to read, only felt it fair I contribute what I can as well. I am bad at writing this sort of thing but...

I had met a woman (read on, it's not what you think) who expressed she wants to spend her whole life getting as close to Allah as possible, I figured this is exactly my type of woman. Details aside, fast forward 1 year, she basically tells me indirectly I try too hard to follow the Quran, that I should ignore the little things to fit in with society and family and be "moderate"; she didn't understand "moderate" had no meaning to me. Her westernized family basically said the same thing even though her parents pray 5 times a day and read Quran almost daily (I kid you not).

I would like to note I am certainly very, very, very far from perfect.

For unreconcilable differences, I left her, and what killed me isn't that I lost her, it's the realization that this wasn't the first time I was shunned for following the basics of the Quran (not even the more "advanced" things, seriously), and by muslims no less! 

It made me feel very isolated because if muslims who know the Quran are like that towards muslims, then how will non-muslims be in their hearts?

I don't know why but I started imagining meeting the Ahlulbayt (a.s) in Heaven and them saying to me you did well... you did well... and embracing me, and having Allah say Salams.

Then I just suddenly felt as though Ahlulbayt (a.s) were literally surrounding me, particularly RasoolAllah (Pbuhf) smiling with the most radiant of smiles, patting me on my shoulder, encouraging me to keep moving forward even if I were the last muslim on Earth, that Allah is always with me.

I never laughed and cried a river at the same time at any point in my life until that moment. Sounds weird but it was great. With that type of support from Allah, made me feel like I can walk on lava if it means sticking to Quran & Ahlulbayt.

On 6/8/2018 at 9:39 AM, DarConall said:

Some 1,5 month ago, or a bit less.

Before that I'd lost complete touch with Islam, I was really depressed as well, but was getting better by the day. At some point I decided to pick up Salah again, and to read Qur'an everyday (I'd had not done any of this for over a year, may God forgive me). It was a difficult act at the start, as my mind would wander and be elsewhere. But as I kept going, and as I kept reading Qur'an, and listening to Du'a in nature and pondering about everything I reached point where I was actually overwhelmed. 

It started with me and a friend hanging out at night, longboarding. At some point I couldn't stop thinking about God, even though my friend was constantly talking to me, I wasn't really present. We laid in nature and just watched the stars, he was thinking about a girl he liked, he wanted to talk about it, but I was thinking about God. My conciousness had shifted, my state of mind was altered during that night, I looked up my ''symptoms'' the next morning.  Depersonalisation came up, but I'd none of the negative symptoms, my whole experience was that of having lost myself, in a constant focus on God, and it was beautiful in a way I can't explain. Things felt fake, a simulation...and the only reality in all of it was God.

At some point after Salatul Fajr, I remember trembling from fear of God. I felt paralysed, I knew it was both good and bad, bad because fear should be accompanied with hope, but good because I was truly aware of reality. I was really overwhelmed, suddenly so many sins came up, things I'd forgotten for years, things I thought were really insignificant, they suddenly came up. I'd realized how little I was, and how stupid I was for thinking I was a good human being. My sins pained me not because of punishment, but because I felt so weak and distant from God, and I wanted so much to be nearer. My prayers were really something else during that time, I'd have a lump in my throat during the day, and all of it would come out during my prayers.

If just I could explain better, but I can't. 

When I was feeling overwhelmed by my sins and the holiness of God, I knew I could not go to Paradise or be in God's presence. I knew I would go to hell. Then I met Jesus. I understood He died to pay the penalty for my sins. He rose from the dead to overcome the devil, death, and the grave. I asked Him to be my Lord and save me. He took away my guilt and shame. He gave me right-standing and peace with God. I know the power that raised Christ Jesus from the dead will raise my mortal body and give me a glorified body to live in Paradise with Him forever.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.