Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Half asleep during wet dream

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam

After I prayed fajr and read Quran this morning, I went back to sleep however whilst I was asleep I experienced a wet dream. I know that if one has a wet dream after fajr whilst fasting, his fast is still valid, however when I woke up i still had about 3 or 4 seconds before I ejaculated. Looking back at it, there may have been a slight chance I could have held it in, but than again I was at a stage of extreme sexual excitement and ejaculation was at peakpoint, and I was still have dosed. My question is does my scenario classify as a wet dream, or intentional ejaculation?

Wa Salam

6 hours ago, Ya Mahdi1999 said:

Salam

After I prayed fajr and read Quran this morning, I went back to sleep however whilst I was asleep I experienced a wet dream. I know that if one has a wet dream after fajr whilst fasting, his fast is still valid, however when I woke up i still had about 3 or 4 seconds before I ejaculated. Looking back at it, there may have been a slight chance I could have held it in, but than again I was at a stage of extreme sexual excitement and ejaculation was at peakpoint, and I was still have dosed. My question is does my scenario classify as a wet dream, or intentional ejaculation?

Wa Salam

Even if You did control your ejaculation a little bit of cum will still come out,you can’t really control your ejaculation there’s a limit. Your fast is valid becuase you can’t exactly take full control of it. You have to do ghusul. 

• Veteran Member
22 hours ago, Hassan- said:

@Ya Mahdi1999

Your fast is deemed valid due to the nature of your sleep i.e. it being termed your first sleep (post-janabah). Ghusl al Janabah must be done before Dhur & Asr prayer.

Can you please explain this?

I don't understand,  first/second sleep division is for sleeping after jinaba before fajr, but the OP is talking about sleep after fajr.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, mesbah said:

Can you please explain this?

I don't understand,  first/second sleep division is for sleeping after jinaba before fajr, but the OP is talking about sleep after fajr.

post-janabah can be before or after fajr. If janabah happens after fajr, they have till Dhur to do their ghusl or else their fast is void.

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, Hassan- said:

post-janabah can be before or after fajr. If janabah happens after fajr, they have till Dhur to do their ghusl or else their fast is void.

I don't think so.

In the case mentioned (wet dream after fajr),  ghusl is obligatory for prayer, not fast itself.

There's no mention of ghusl before noon here:

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2266/

• Moderators
11 hours ago, mesbah said:

I don't think so.

In the case mentioned (wet dream after fajr),  ghusl is obligatory for prayer, not fast itself.

There's no mention of ghusl before noon here:

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2266/

You are probably not wrong, I thought I seen a fatwa by Imam Khamenei saying it but I can’t find it.

Edited by Hassan-