Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, starlight said:

What's so difficult to understand here ? You cannot cherry pick rulings according to your liking and preferences.

Why not? I know several high profile scholars/speakers who use this method and it makes perfect sense. I am not binded by the opinions of one fallible individual. I have been blessed with a brain and I can decide for myself what is reasonable and what is not without selfish gains. Cherry picking is when you hop marjahs for your own gain. I am not looking for a marjah that allows me to skip ramadan fasting. I have no gain by following a collection.

37 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

We should let some random guy on the Internet tell us what to believe in. That makes perfect sense.

lol sure bud. And following one specific person who lives in a 3rd world country that has no idea what life is like in the West makes perfect sense, right?

10 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Why not? I know several high profile scholars/speakers who use this method and it makes perfect sense. I am not binded by the opinions of one fallible individual. I have been blessed with a brain and I can decide for myself what is reasonable and what is not without selfish gains. Cherry picking is when you hop marjahs for your own gain. I am not looking for a marjah that allows me to skip ramadan fasting. I have no gain by following a collection.

Only in the matter of ihtiyaat.

. If an A’lam Mujtahid gives a fatwa on some matter, his follower cannot act in that matter on the Fatwa of another Mujtahid. 

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/what-taqleed-shaykh-saleem-bhimji

Edited by starlight

Just now, starlight said:

On in the matter of ihtiyaat.

. If an A’lam Mujtahid gives a fatwa on some matter, his follower cannot act in that matter on the Fatwa of another Mujtahid. 

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/what-taqleed-shaykh-saleem-bhimji

Thats cool. These rules were made up by the marjah system itself. You act like that is an ayat of the Quran.

2 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Thats cool. These rules were made up by the marjah system itself. You act like that is an ayat of the Quran.

Suit yourself. 

3 minutes ago, 786:) said:

You act like that is an ayat of the Quran.

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 122:
وَمَا كَانَ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ لِيَنفِرُوا كَافَّةً فَلَوْلَا نَفَرَ مِن كُلِّ فِرْقَةٍ مِّنْهُمْ طَائِفَةٌ لِّيَتَفَقَّهُوا فِي الدِّينِ وَلِيُنذِرُوا قَوْمَهُمْ إِذَا رَجَعُوا إِلَيْهِمْ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَحْذَرُونَ

And it does not beseem the believers that they should go forth all together; why should not then a company from every party from among them go forth that they may apply themselves to obtain understanding in religion, and that they may warn their people when they come back to them that they may be cautious?
(English - Shakir)

So yes, it is in accordance with the teachings of Quran.

17 minutes ago, 786:) said:

lol sure bud. And following one specific person who lives in a 3rd world country that has no idea what life is like in the West makes perfect sense, right?

Hmmm, the more you write, the more you expose your ignorance. 

By that token, what does an Arab from the 7th century know about living in their West in the 21st century so why follow his book. Because he said the book came from a God? You see the flaw in your logic?

I guess the minority marajae you follow have cloned themselves and live in all countries so they can issue edicts for all countries.

4 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Hmmm, the more you write, the more you expose your ignorance. 

By that token, what does an Arab from the 7th century know about living in their West in the 21st century so why follow his book. Because he said the book came from a God? You see the flaw in your logic?

I guess the minority marajae you follow have cloned themselves and live in all countries so they can issue edicts for all countries.

There are many 3rd party proofs of Muhammad (saw) and the Quran. Lend me one for the marjahs.

25 minutes ago, 786:) said:

There are many 3rd party proofs of Muhammad (saw) and the Quran. Lend me one for the marjahs.

Wait, so you don't believe in the Quran because of the Prophet (saw) and Allah but because of 3rd party proofs? Let me guess: you believe Quran is correct because of Bukhari and Muslim.

11 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Wait, so you don't believe in the Quran because of the Prophet (saw) and Allah but because of 3rd party proofs? Let me guess: you believe Quran is correct because of Bukhari and Muslim.

I don't agree with brother 786s approach, but among the many evidences for the authenticity of the Quran is that it is actually Mutawattir. 

2 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

I don't agree with brother 786s approach, but among the many evidences for the authenticity of the Quran is that it is actually Mutawattir. 

You are still on the hook to tell us who your marja is.

You have gone from Usooli » Akhbari » Quranist. Based on how you answer the Prophet's sunnah issue, you may go down even further.

They will stop you from Saying Ya Ali | Sheikh Mohammad Al -Hilli

https://youtu.be/tsP_6GcMjbk

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

General advice when engaging in dialogue:

Muhammed ibn Ali ibn Hussain ibn Ali ibn Abi Talib , Abu J'afar Muhammed al-Baqir (as) and said: "Satan keeps throwing animosity among the believers until one of them forsakes his religion. When this happens, Satan stretches  down on his back and says, 'This is my victory.' May Allah  grant blessings to those who make peace between two of our  friends. O believing people, unite and be compassionate to each  other."' 

علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن ابن أذينة ، عن زرارة عن أبي جعفر عليه‌السلام قال إن الشيطان يغري بين المؤمنين ما لم يرجع أحدهم عن دينه فإذا فعلوا ذلك استلقى على قفاه وتمدد ثم قال فزت فرحم الله امرأ ألف بين وليين لنا يا معشر المؤمنين تألفوا وتعاطفوا.

Hasan like Saheeh [Mirat al-Uqul, originally from al-Kafi]

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

2 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

This is what my center will look like tonight. I don’t understand the purpose of these rituals during this holy month. And then we want to say taraweeh is bidah? Which imam gathered a crowd during Ramadan to beat themselves over the chant of Ali (as)?

Edited by 786:)

2 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

May Allah keep us with Ahl albayat AS in hereafter  and keep their enemies with the enemies of Ahl alabayt AS I sincerely pray for this night of qadr.

Edited by skyweb1987

30 minutes ago, 786:) said:

This is what my center will look like tonight. I don’t understand the purpose of these rituals during this holy month. And then we want to say taraweeh is bidah? Which imam gathered a crowd during Ramadan to beat themselves over the chant of Ali (as)?

Of course you would be offended at any comments about tarawih.

The problem is not tarawih. The problem is doing tarawih as sunnah of the Prophet when it clearly wasn't. Call it the sunnah of Caliph Umar and tarawih all night long.

Edited by ShiaMan14

2 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

General advice when engaging in dialogue:

Muhammed ibn Ali ibn Hussain ibn Ali ibn Abi Talib , Abu J'afar Muhammed al-Baqir (as) and said: "Satan keeps throwing animosity among the believers until one of them forsakes his religion. When this happens, Satan stretches  down on his back and says, 'This is my victory.' May Allah  grant blessings to those who make peace between two of our  friends. O believing people, unite and be compassionate to each  other."' 

علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن ابن أذينة ، عن زرارة عن أبي جعفر عليه‌السلام قال إن الشيطان يغري بين المؤمنين ما لم يرجع أحدهم عن دينه فإذا فعلوا ذلك استلقى على قفاه وتمدد ثم قال فزت فرحم الله امرأ ألف بين وليين لنا يا معشر المؤمنين تألفوا وتعاطفوا.

Hasan like Saheeh [Mirat al-Uqul, originally from al-Kafi]

Here is some advice. Be genuine. Who is your marja?

13 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Of course you would be offended at any comments about tarawih.

The problem is not tarawih. The problem is doing tarawih as sunnah of the Prophet when it clearly wasn't. Call it the sunnah of Caliph Umar and tarawih all night long.

The truth comes out by the words of some one who tries to hide himself under the cover of being shia, Isnt it so?

Edited by skyweb1987

43 minutes ago, 786:) said:

And then we want to say taraweeh is bidah? Which imam gathered a crowd during Ramadan to beat themselves over the chant of Ali (as)?

Also, tell me which Imam ordered you to come at ShiaChat during Shab-e-Qadr and talk non-sense.

2 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Here is some advice. Be genuine. Who is your marja?

The guy has denied yet to mention any marja if he follows but he brings fatwas of maraja to express his views and  to impose those on others. :grin: