In the Name of God بسم الله

Does a muslim revert have all their sins erased?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Like many others here, I was born into a muslim family in a western country, however, in my teenage years I rebelled against islam and started taking into account different ideologies about life and what happens after we die such as studying buddhism and etc. I stopped praying and fasting and remembering Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and started to commit every major sin you can think of, I basically became a kafir (Istaghfarullah). As an 18 year old adult now, I am back into islam and my deen and taqwa has been the strongest in my life and it is growing stronger everyday. I have been praying all my voluntary prayers associated with the obligatory prayers and have been avoiding sin as best as I can, alhamdulillah. My question is, will all the sins I have committed in that period of from the age of 11-18 be wiped off as a clean slate? I am worried about this and I feel as if I should be praying Salat al-tawba on every sin I have committed in my life starting from puberty, which are too much to count, and remember.

Jazakallah khair!

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, aaljibar said:

Like many others here, I was born into a muslim family in a western country, however, in my teenage years I rebelled against islam and started taking into account different ideologies about life and what happens after we die such as studying buddhism and etc. I stopped praying and fasting and remembering Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and started to commit every major sin you can think of, I basically became a kafir (Istaghfarullah). As an 18 year old adult now, I am back into islam and my deen and taqwa has been the strongest in my life and it is growing stronger everyday. I have been praying all my voluntary prayers associated with the obligatory prayers and have been avoiding sin as best as I can, alhamdulillah. My question is, will all the sins I have committed in that period of from the age of 11-18 be wiped off as a clean slate? I am worried about this and I feel as if I should be praying Salat al-tawba on every sin I have committed in my life starting from puberty, which are too much to count, and remember.

No, you won't get a clean slate. Allah is raheem o kareem. I would say repent and Allah will show you mercy on the day of judgement. 

Salaam Alaykum

Thank Allah on your guidance. Your post is beautiful.

If you repent and don't commit sins again, Allah forgives you. Remember all sins except حق الناس. If you violated rights of a person, you need to ask for his/her forgiveness. May Allah help you in every step of your life