Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zee

Why bring children into this world?

Rate this topic

Guest Zee

I know having children is a blessing from Allah swt but I just feel like why bring them into such a messed up world. Of course each soul that is put here is by the will of Allah swt but of course we are also responsible. As Muslims we all know this life is a test to inshallah obtain heaven in the hearafter. Why put someone through that test in the first place? I mean if I pull help it I wouldn’t want anyone even going through the pain of a paper cut s why would I want to bring a child into a world of pain?  Oh ya ur kid might be the next Einstein or newton or even Abbas (as) but their lives weren’t exactly a bed of roses. Why put them through so much crap for a little ray of sunshine in this world.  I’d rather not know crap exists at all, even if it means not knowing sunshine does either because in the end I’d be non existent and therefor indifferent but ultimately saved from the tribulations of life.  I’m 24f married for 3 years and I don’t think I want kids. Any thoughts? What do the imaams and our Holy prophet have to say about the reason for having children in Islam? Why would you bring a child into this world?

Salam sis, listen to this shia Islamic radio podcast episodes 1,2, and 3. It is about not wanting to have children and why Islamically it is good to despite not wanting to. They are short:

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

But ultimately sis it is up to you and your husband to try or not. And ultimately ultimately it is up to Allah. If he wants to bring someone into the world through you, He will make it happen. If He doesn't, you won't have children. 

What I have learned from my experience is that our best teachers are our offspring. 

Without them we cannot taste the value of what is meant by being father or mother. After them, one's knowledge becomes complete as to why he should be humble to his parents and how man struggles to feed & to teach his offspring. With them one knows how much pain & sufferings a mother bears in giving birth & then in bringing them up.