Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Will the US succeed in changing Iran?

Rate this topic

• Development Team
2 hours ago, Enlightened Follower said:

This is economics and pointing out how the US is attempting to delegitimize Iran there is nothing hostile towards Iran included...

The answer is never, the Eisenhower administration tried and failed at  changing Iran as did the Carter administration did some 15-20 years later.  What makes you think Trump will succeed? I still don't understand why the US continues to vilify Iran.

• Veteran Member
8 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

The answer is never, the Eisenhower administration tried and failed at  changing Iran as did the Carter administration did some 15-20 years later.  What makes you think Trump will succeed? I still don't understand why the US continues to vilify Iran.

Don't go making me defend Trump, but I don't think he's the war monger other presidents have been. I think he's a mushroom with the power. He just cut support to the White helmets since he found out they are movie stars. 

• Veteran Member

I believe Iran did not benefit much from this deal... Iranian economy that supposed to improve way better than before, that did not happen! I believe the reformist groups are responsible for all this and probably all these things happening intentionally... Khatami ruled Iran for 8 years and created too many gaps, sedition and incited people against the system very intentionally.. created the ground for things that happened in 2009... now Rouhani and Zareef is doing the same thing... more problems with people's lives, problem in economy, social problems and etc... and then they blame the leadership (Khamenei's and his loyalists for failed governance). I hope if this deal is broken, these ppl are sidelined and lose support and Rouhani out of power very soon!

• Veteran Member
On 5/7/2018 at 4:17 AM, Enlightened Follower said:

Need to be considered that the changing is not necessarily war, because it is the raw method of human (if not called animal) in settling dispute.

Need to know what is the most necessary important thing for the US in hegemonizing the world.

Need to know who need compliance/obedience in the US by the whole universal human.

Need to know the list of compliance actions required/begged/needed by the US.

If Iran do not have any criterions, why Iran is known as Shi'a of Ahlul Bayt a.s. nation ?

• Basic Members

If America cared about democracy in Iran then thry shouldn't have thrown their weight behind the monarchy in the past. Saying "pro democracy" is a charade.

If America cared about the people then why would they try to create and stimulate a gap between the government and people? Just like they did in libya, and in syria? 

Thousands would die, victory for what ever initiative they would promote would be unlikely, yet they still try? What further evidence do we need that any meddling by america is self serving aggression and not altruistic humanitarianism. Trump can keep the change, the world has about had enough of america turning states into power vacuums and slavers markets while trying to sell it as humanitarian.

• Development Team
2 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

He just cut support to the White helmets since he found out they are movie stars. 

While I am glad that he did, I don't think this was his idea.  Somebody had to spoon-feed him this idea, because as you said, he is the mushroom with  power.

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, myouvial said:

Need to be considered that the changing is not necessarily war, because it is the raw method of human (if not called animal) in settling dispute.

Need to know what is the most necessary important thing for the US in hegemonizing the world.

Need to know who need compliance/obedience in the US by the whole universal human.

Need to know the list of compliance actions required/begged/needed by the US.

If Iran do not have any criterions, why Iran is known as Shi'a of Ahlul Bayt a.s. nation ?

For a few dollars more.

• Veteran Member
8 hours ago, Enlightened Follower said:

This is economics and pointing out how the US is attempting to delegitimize Iran there is nothing hostile towards Iran included...

Here is a "op" to 'delegitimize lran' deal:

https://www.npr.org/sections/the-two-way/2018/05/07/609157901/reports-intel-firm-was-hired-to-discredit-former-obama-iran-deal-negotiators  107hrsEDT

the "Black Cube"

• Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, myouvial said:

De ja vu. I was just listening this when i see this post of yours.:D

Actually, this is more like presage or presentiment.

And this is your vocabulary lesson for the day.  :yahoo:

Back to lran.

John Bolton and D.J.Trump have this reaction over the JCPOA Agreement:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zhJljblPcY 

• Veteran Member

OPINE:

For decades lt has been said that if you want to unify lRl, drop a bomb.

Well, Trump did this with an economic 'bomb'. The political factions there have unified.

Plus Russia gains and the EU will circumvent the sanctions by forming a bank without susceptibility to US sanctions.

• Advanced Member
On 5/8/2018 at 4:42 AM, Son of Placid said:

Don't go making me defend Trump, but I don't think he's the war monger other presidents have been. I think he's a mushroom with the power. He just cut support to the White helmets since he found out they are movie stars. 

Trump is unpredictabe and has no long plan for anything. This stupid move will create problems for all nations. Like all other nations Iran will change, but Trump cannot decide in which direction. 

• Advanced Member
On 5/8/2018 at 5:49 AM, Noah- said:

I believe Iran did not benefit much from this deal... Iranian economy that supposed to improve way better than before, that did not happen! I believe the reformist groups are responsible for all this and probably all these things happening intentionally... Khatami ruled Iran for 8 years and created too many gaps, sedition and incited people against the system very intentionally.. created the ground for things that happened in 2009... now Rouhani and Zareef is doing the same thing... more problems with people's lives, problem in economy, social problems and etc... and then they blame the leadership (Khamenei's and his loyalists for failed governance). I hope if this deal is broken, these ppl are sidelined and lose support and Rouhani out of power very soon!

dont count on it... 

• Veteran Member

OP: "Will the US Succeed in Changing lran?"  According to this article, it already has.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-10/iran-s-door-to-the-west-is-slamming-shut-and-that-leaves-china 

as well as Russia, Central Asia, Pakistan, ...

Edited by hasanhh
link
  • Veteran Member
On 5/9/2018 at 4:16 AM, andres said:

Trump is unpredictabe and has no long plan for anything. This stupid move will create problems for all nations. Like all other nations Iran will change, but Trump cannot decide in which direction. 

Americans are used to politically correct war mongering presidents. The world is getting tired of it. Trumps bottom line is money, which is why his decisions seem unpredictable. 

There were many issues on the table that had been juggled for years that he signed off on over the course of a few days. The American people aren't used to that. Some were Obama back burner issues, but regardless whether he agreed or changed the bill, he was protested by the masses. It would be entertaining if it wasn't so risky.

• Veteran Member

I find it interesting that Trump proxies would go on TV and liken Iran to Nazi Germany when, in fact, the US is the only power in the world that resembles the political makeup that preceded World War 2. A huge amount of military power? Check. Increasing intolerance among the masses for the foreign 'other'? Check. A reckless disregard for the will of other nations, and commitment to diplomacy? Check.

Any rational leader in Europe should be grappling with the question of whether they should continue to appease Trump, and succumb to his every whim, since he's clearly the one leading the world to a more and more dangerous precipice with every passing day.