Reza

**Ramadan 2018 General Discussion/Plans/Iftar**

On 5/19/2018 at 3:17 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

* The purpose of being demons in chains 
 The demons are not meant to be part of all of them. In some narratives, however, Satan's interpretation has been bound by words such as "the Disciple". And Sayyid bin Tawoos also cited this possibility in various ways. Including the fact that each month there may be own devils and only the devils of Ramadan, but other devils are still busy with their work. Or, even though devils are bound, but Iblis is still free and continues his work. [7]

وسائل الشیعة، ج‏۱۰، ص ۳۰۴، ح ۱۳۴۷۷.

Wasaiel al Shai , v10 p 304 H 13477

[7]refer to لإقبال‏ بالأعمال الحسنة فیما یعمل ‏مرة فی‏ السنة v1,p73

salam brother,

So according to the above, iblis(la) is free, but during this month though?

ws

On 5/19/2018 at 3:24 AM, Mzwakhe said:

salam brother,

So according to the above, iblis(la) is free, but during this month though?

ws

Iblis (la) flows like blood  in the man, so with hunger, Tight the passages of him.

مستدرك الوسائل و مستنبط المسائل،  ج‏۱۶، ص۲۲۰،  ح۱۹۶۵۰.

Mustadrak 'al 'wasail va mustanbat'al'Masael ,v16 ,p220 ,H 19650 

On 5/19/2018 at 3:28 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Iblis (la) flows like blood  in the man, so with hunger, Tight the passages of him.

مستدرك الوسائل و مستنبط المسائل،  ج‏۱۶، ص۲۲۰،  ح۱۹۶۵۰.

Mustadrak 'al 'wasail va mustanbat'al'Masael ,v16 ,p220 ,H 19650 

These things scare me or my lack thereof understanding. Imam Ali(as) is said to have asked the Prophet(s) whether he'll be a believer or not when he's martyred during the holy month, a grave concern teaching a lesson of 'one shouldnt be too sure lest the devil messes with him'. 

19 hours ago, Mzwakhe said:

These things scare me or my lack thereof understanding. Imam Ali(as) is said to have asked the Prophet(s) whether he'll be a believer or not when he's martyred during the holy month, a grave concern teaching a lesson of 'one shouldnt be too sure lest the devil messes with him'. 

The reason that Imam Ali (as) asked this question is that teach his Shias to try act like him specially in holy month of Ramadan although Iblis (la) doesn't has any power against him and he is infallible so he doesn't lose his faith but they talk in such way to teach us that how we act during month of Ramadan & in other months.

17 hours ago, notme said:

My intention was to subtly remind @repenter that the best way to avoid starvation is to enjoy a substantial and healthy meal before the fast begins. If that's your only meal, so be it. Pretty sure I'd starve on only one meal, though my evening meal tends to be smaller and often less healthy. I can't sleep on a full stomach, and I don't let myself feed the junk food cravings in the morning. 

Go visit Norway for 10 days.........after 2-3 days you don't even know what date it is or what room you are in.

8 minutes ago, repenter said:

Go visit Norway for 10 days.........after 2-3 days you don't even know what date it is or what room you are in.

Ugh. I'm glad I live in a more temperate latitude. Fasting aside, I'm not sure I could survive 20 hours of darkness in winter. I guess during summer Ramadan, I'd wish for it. 

Differing opinions among the schools of Islamic Law [four Sunni schools and Shia] on the rules of fasting, including being excused from fasting and repaying missed fasts.

Fasting according to the Five Schools of Islamic Law  Get PDF

https://www.al-islam.org/al-tawhid/vol-9-no-4/fasting-according-five-schools-islamic-law-allamah-muhammad-jawad-maghniyyah

Photos: Preparation of Iftar banquet at Imam Ali's Holy Shrine

May 22, 2018 - 5:24 PM News Code : 894506 Source : imamali-a.comLink:   

Preparation of Iftar banquet at Imam Ali's Holy Shrine in Najaf.

عکس خبری/ آماده سازی سفره‌های افطاری در جوار حرم امام علی(ع)

Photos: Servants of Imam Ali Holy Shrine distribute Iftar meals for needy families

May 22, 2018 - 6:14 PM News Code : 894510 Source : imamali-a.comLink:   

Photos: Holy Ramadan atmosphere at Imam Hussain shrine

May 22, 2018 - 10:40 AM News Code : 894446 Source : Imam Hussain ShrineLink:   

I find it very amazing that while we fast we're so thirsty to a point that we feel fatigued and drained. We feel the hunger, and it is very hard when you look at others around who are casually eating. Despite this, the thought of actually opening up the fridge and taking a bite doesn't even come to our head. We're so obedient to Allah that even if we eat a crumb of a bread by accident, we instantly spit it out. Even people who are not practicing, manage to stay away from that which Allah has made harram for a certain period of time.

Ramadan transforms our attitude towards sin. We should realize that the thought of sinning should never even occur to us. This is the level of taqwa we should aspire to reach. If we can stay 5, 6, 7 or even 9 hours without the halal that Allah has made harram, we should be able to stay away from any sin.

10 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I find it very amazing that while we fast we're so thirsty to a point that we feel fatigued and drained. We feel the hunger, and it is very hard when you look at others around who are casually eating. Despite this, the thought of actually opening up the fridge and taking a bite doesn't even come to our head. We're so obedient to Allah that even if we eat a crumb of a bread by accident, we instantly spit it out. Even people who are not practicing, manage to stay away from that which Allah has made harram for a certain period of time.

Ramadan transforms our attitude towards sin. We should realize that the thought of sinning should never even occur to us. This is the level of taqwa we should aspire to reach. If we can stay 5, 6, 7 or even 9 hours without the halal that Allah has made harram, we should be able to stay away from any sin.

:salam:

This reminds me of a friday khutba the sheikh defined this as wara`. A level above taqwa where your nafs does not even think about transgressing. 

The days in Iceland are very long. The sun goes down at around 11 pm...and comes up again at around 4 am. Muslims in Iceland have one of the world's longest month of Ramadan fasts.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-44242791/the-muslims-who-fast-for-22-hours-a-day-in-iceland

Apparently in Pakistan, it's illegal to eat and drink in public during fasting times. National Public Radio in the US had a news story on this today.  

Breaking Pakistan's Ramadan Fasting Laws Has Serious Consequences

The holy month of Ramadan is meant to be a blessed time. Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset. But what if you can't fast? In Pakistan, it's illegal to eat and drink in public during fasting times.

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/25/614315937/breaking-pakistan-s-ramadan-fasting-laws-have-serious-consequences

Ramadan is painful for me this year but I learnt something at least. Now I see how wrong I am. I thought I was right just because I used to give less importance to the wrong things I do and more to the wrong things I don't do but popular among others. It isn't between you and the others: it's between you and yourself (or you and god that's the same). Wrong things are not wronger because avoiding them is easier for me, nor less wrong because I'm used to them and find them hard to avoid.
Oh god bless me with your guidance! sisters and brothers please pray for me!

Photos: Simple Iftar banquet at Sayyida Masoumah Holy Shrine in Qom

May 27, 2018 - 6:10 PM News Code : 895174 Source : ABNA24Link:   

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - Simple Iftar banquet was held everyday at Sayyida Masoumah Holy Shrine in Qom.

توزیع افطاری ساده در بین زائران حرم حضرت معصومه(س)

http://en.abna24.com/news/iran/photos-simple-iftar-banquet-at-sayyida-masoumah-holy-shrine-in-qom_895174.html

Pakistan Jafaria Students Organisation’s Iftar party marks Shia-Sunni unity / Photos

May 27, 2018 - 12:09 PM News Code : 895137 Source : Shiite News, ABNA24Link:   

The Sunni students of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal attended the Iftar party of Jafaria Students Organisation and offered prayers under Imamat of eminent Shia religious scholar Allama Kazmi at Jamia Mukhzanul Uloom in Multan Shia Miani.

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - The Sunni students of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal attended the Iftar party of Jafaria Students Organisation and offered prayers under Imamat of eminent Shia religious scholar Allama Kazmi at Jamia Mukhzanul Uloom in Multan Shia Miani.

The JSO leaders Zeeshan Haider Shamsi and Yasir Raza discussed preparations for Quds Day rally to be staged at Nawan Shehar Chowk on Friday holy Ramazan 23. Islami Jamiat Talba leaders assured them of their participation, support and cooperation.

f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800_537.jpg

Hazrat Khadija mourning ceremony held in Nurnagar, Bangladesh

May 27, 2018 - 1:32 PM News Code : 895147 Source : ABNA24Link:   

Hazrat Khadija mourning ceremony was held in Gulshan Zahra Hussainiya in Nurnagar, Bangladesh 26 May 2018.

1486dcb439a1939d36ae398c81fa61dc_148.jpg

Ramadan 1439-2018

Photos: Holy month of Ramadan in Bangladesh

May 28, 2018 - 6:18 PM News Code : 895297 Source : ABNA24Link:   

Holy month of Ramadan in Bangladesh

گزارش تصویری/ ماه مبارک رمضان در بنگلادش

گزارش تصÙÛرÛ/ Ùا٠Ùبارک رÙضا٠در بÙÚ¯Ùادش

http://en.abna24.com/news/central-asia-subcontinent/photos-holy-month-of-ramadan-in-bangladesh_895297.html

http://en.abna24.com/news/pictures/photos-holy-ramadan-at-mashadi-dadash-mosque-in-baku-azerbaijan_895282.html

Holy Ramadan at Mashadi Dadash Mosque in Baku, Azerbaijan 1439-2018

d19b3614a5210a6b0924a212d47e45e2_994.jpg

Ramadan 1439-2018

Photos: Holy Ramadan at Al-Rasul Mosque in Houston, Texas

May 28, 2018 - 1:48 PM News Code : 895281 Source : ABNA24Link:   

Dua Nabi Idris (the Supplication of Idris) is recommended to recite in the time of sahoor (sahar, saher). Mentioned by Shaykh al-Tusiy and Sayyid Ibn Tawus in the books of Misbah al-Mutahajjid or Iqbal al-A`mal.

Mobile link:   http://www.duas.org/mobile/ramadan-suhoor-dua-idris.html

Desktop link: http://www.duas.org/idreesmafzaee.htm

Another Dua that you can read after every prayer in the Holy Month of Ramadan: 

Salawat اللهم صل على محمد وآل محمد وعجل فرجهم
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem 
O Allah! Introduce happiness to the people of the graves,  
O Allah! Feed the hungry to their satisfaction,
O Allah! Clothe the naked,
O Allah! Defray the debt of every borrower,
O Allah! Change our grief to comfort,
O Allah! Return the way-farers to their homes,
O Allah! Release the Captive,
O Allah! Rectify the misdeeds of the Muslims,
O Allah! Cure every diseased person,
O Allah! Satisfy our wants with Your wealth,
O Allah! Alter our wretched condition to happy condition,
O Allah! Defray our debts and free us from our wants, Surely You are over every thing Powerful.
Salawat اللهم صل على محمد وآل محمد وعجل فرجهم

Congratulations to the believer on the 15th of the month of Ramadan which is the day of birth of Imam Hassan al Mujtaba(as).

Please remember to recite his ziyara and do the two rakah ziyara prayers, also take some time to read about Imam Hassan(as):

A brief look into his life:

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/imam-al-hasan-second-imam-brief-look-his-life

849e04dae5ac2e549531a4d50bba82fc--imam-h

Ahhamduallah, my little sister f-I-n-a-l-l-y sends me some food for Ramadhan.  :eat:

Now, :ranting: , what took her so long? lf l was in a jail cell l'd have starved-to-death by about now.

l won't ask. She'd probably give me some typical female excuse, like she has a new baby (b. May9th --one week before Ramamdhan started).