Reza

**Ramadan 2018 General Discussion/Plans/Iftar**

Imam Sadiq (a.s) narrates that “one who recites this supplication for 40 mornings; he will be accounted amongst the helpers of Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s). And if he happens to die before the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s), Allah will raise him up from his rave so that he may assist the holy Imam (a.t.f.s).For every word that he recites in this supplication, Allah will grant him 1000 good deeds and will erase from his scroll of deeds 1000 sins”.

Lets all try and make it a habit to recite this dua after each fajr by doing it in this holy month of Ramadan:

I found the answer from Ayotullah Sistani:

110. Question: Would use of a nozzle spray that facilitates breathing invalidate the fast?

Answer: If the spray that comes out of the nozzle enters the respiratory tract and not the passage of food and drink, it does not invalidate fast.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:48 AM, repenter said:

Try not to die of hunger.......

One of the pleasures of Ramadan is the substantial morning meal before the fast. 

20 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Guys where is the thread for all the Islamic lectures? (Has there been one made?)

Ramadan Mubarak everyone :):)

Ramadan Mubarak. The thread is ready for people to post Islamic lectures and speeches from the Holy Month of Ramadan:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235057437-ramadan-2018-lectures-and-speeches/

The Deserted Qurān

وَقَالَ الرَّسُولُ يَا رَبِّ إِنَّ قَوْمِي اتَّخَذُوا هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنَ مَهْجُورًا

[25:30] And the Apostle will say, ‘O my Lord! Indeed my people had taken this Qurān as deserted.”

There is this understanding amongst some Muslims that if one owns multiple copies of the Qurān and if they are not all read, then that is a case of someone forsaking the Qurān. This is not what it means for the Qurān to be forsaken or deserted, rather that is an instance of someone not reading one of the copies of the Qurān they possess.

If listening to and reading every copy of the Qurān that fills our bookshelf is not merely enough, then what can one do to not be from those who considered the Qurān to be deserted? 

Continue Reading: http://www.iqraonline.net/the-deserted-quran/

Wasalam

9 hours ago, Ibn al-Hussain said:

If listening to and reading every copy of the Qurān that fills our bookshelf is not merely enough, then what can one do to not be from those who considered the Qurān to be deserted? 

Salam it is same as Imam Khamenei (ha) says in his every new speeches & mentions in every gathering ,it is not just about reading text of Holy Quran the main goal is that we understand every verse correctly with our knowledge & update ourselves everyday about just reading text & proving miracles in Holy Quran

Sunni muslims & a group of Shia Muslims are very succcefful but they don’t raise against tyranny based on Holy Quran for them Quran is just a holy scripture for getting reward from Allah not using it in our daily life .

Sorry for complaining constantly, but why are my siblings okay with harram acts during Ramadan. I also see them not fasting, making lame exuses such as "I will be tired tomorrow", "I didn't get enough sleep". It just takes away the spirit of Ramadan in my house. Why are people so arrogant to Islamic laws? 

I just feel like staying in uni coz I can at least interact with my Muslim friends, not having to worry about being surrounded by haram etc. 

:(

21 hours ago, notme said:

One of the pleasures of Ramadan is the substantial morning meal before the fast. 

For us we only have one meal to eat. 2-3h time. Which is actually enough. No one is going die, if they just eat well one meal in day. 

Edited by Abu Nur

4 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

For us we only have one meal to eat. 2-3h time. Which is actually enough. No one is going die, if they just eat well one meal in day. 

My intention was to subtly remind @repenter that the best way to avoid starvation is to enjoy a substantial and healthy meal before the fast begins. If that's your only meal, so be it. Pretty sure I'd starve on only one meal, though my evening meal tends to be smaller and often less healthy. I can't sleep on a full stomach, and I don't let myself feed the junk food cravings in the morning. 

On 5/13/2018 at 4:54 PM, laithAlIRAQI said:

Ramadan is going to be fun this year, gonna have the pleasure of fasting and breaking my fast alone.

I'm in same situation brother, and here we are!

Better times will come brother :)

And as many said before, we're not alone at all, we got each other here in Shiachat!

Btw, I've seen you live in DK, I might be moving there for the comming summer! So maybe we can get in contact here and hopeffuly we can be friends and meet in the future inshaAllah

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

16 hours here. Alhamd'Allah, no headaches or constipation.

My concern is the lack of water and temperature is above 35 degrees.

What do people in hot warm climates do?  Are you more susceptible for illness?

I wonder how the desert Arabs would do.  Not now, but before.

@Marbles

@starlight

Any recommendations?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

3 hours ago, Laayla said:

I wonder how the desert Arabs would do.  Not now, but before.

Most businesses today [in Muslim countries] are slow in Ramadan and people stay indoors and only go out at night because of the heat. I don't know how they could survive without air conditioning way back then. Staying in the shade was all they could do? 

salam alaykum wrwb

How authentic is the issue of satan(la) & his tribe being locked away during the month of ramadan according to the two weighty things?

These things are here!!! Grown to ignore them & fighting a daily battle & now it is the holy month & there's nothing holy about them

ws

15 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Sorry for complaining constantly, but why are my siblings okay with harram acts during Ramadan. I also see them not fasting, making lame exuses such as "I will be tired tomorrow", "I didn't get enough sleep". It just takes away the spirit of Ramadan in my house. Why are people so arrogant to Islamic laws? 

I just feel like staying in uni coz I can at least interact with my Muslim friends, not having to worry about being surrounded by haram etc. 

:(

I am sorry  to hear that, better that than having to Ramadan fasting to family who don't understand/care and keep repeating the same questions over and over again. 

On 5/19/2018 at 2:46 AM, Mzwakhe said:

ow authentic is the issue of satan(la) & his tribe being locked away during the month of ramadan according to the two weighty things?

On the first day of Ramadan, rebellious demons are taken.

عیون أخبار الرضا علیه السلام، ج‏۲، ص۷۱، ح ۳۳۱.

Ayun  Akhbar al Reza (as) v2 ,p 71 ,Hadith 331

Imam Ali (as) says: When the month of Ramadan arrived, the Prophet (sa), standed and prayed and praised Allah, then he said: O people, the Lord has supported you from the enemies of your jinn men and said: "Call on me to answer you, and to give you a promise. Indeed, Allah (Almighty) has given to all the rebellious Satan seven of his angels, and until the time of this month of you [Ramadan] Not yet passed can not be released. 

وسائل الشیعة،  ج‏۱۰، ص ۳۰۴، ح ۱۳۴۷۷

Wasaiel al Shai , v10 p 304 H 13477

Devil flows like blood the in man, so with hunger, Tight the passages of him.

مستدرك الوسائل و مستنبط المسائل،  ج‏۱۶، ص۲۲۰،  ح۱۹۶۵۰.

Mustadrak 'al 'wasail va mustanbat'al'Masael ,v16 ,p220 ,H 19650 

The Prophet (pbuh) says: "O people, this month, the doors of heaven are open, ask the Lord not to put it on you, and the doors of fire are closed; ask your lord not to turn it back on you, and put down devils, ask your Sustainer Which does not rule them over you

even our behavior before the holy month of Ramadan can also be effective in this regard. ر.ک: الإقبال‏ بالأعمال الحسنة فیما یعمل ‏مرة فی‏ السنة،ج۱، ص  ۷۳.

refer to لإقبال‏ بالأعمال الحسنة فیما یعمل ‏مرة فی‏ السنة v1,p73

أمالی الصدوق، ص۹۵، المجلس العشرون.

Amali al Saduq ,p95 ,Al Majlis'Al'Ashrun

* The purpose of being demons in chains 
 The demons are not meant to be part of all of them. In some narratives, however, Satan's interpretation has been bound by words such as "the Disciple". And Sayyid bin Tawoos also cited this possibility in various ways. Including the fact that each month there may be own devils and only the devils of Ramadan, but other devils are still busy with their work. Or, even though devils are bound, but Iblis is still free and continues his work. [7]

وسائل الشیعة، ج‏۱۰، ص ۳۰۴، ح ۱۳۴۷۷.

Wasaiel al Shai , v10 p 304 H 13477

[7]refer to لإقبال‏ بالأعمال الحسنة فیما یعمل ‏مرة فی‏ السنة v1,p73

https://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/5639275/چرا-با-اینکه-شیطان-در-ماه-رمضان-در-زنجیر-است-باز-هم-گناه-می‌کنیم