In the Name of God بسم الله

Can I convert into Shia??

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Aslm

My name is Ayesha .I'm from low background of Muslim religion, where I am not aware of any thing related to Islam . From last year I came to know about what is Shia Nd  Sunni .so,I have decided to follow Shia Nd ahlulbayt . but many people are saying u can't become a Shia because my name is ayesha. Many people are are Shia people will not accept u Nd my religion

Please help me with this doubt.

Allah Hafiz

3 hours ago, Ayesha begum said:

Aslm

My name is Ayesha .I'm from low background of Muslim religion, where I am not aware of any thing related to Islam . From last year I came to know about what is Shia Nd  Sunni .so,I have decided to follow Shia Nd ahlulbayt . but many people are saying u can't become a Shia because my name is ayesha. Many people are are Shia people will not accept u Nd my religion

Allah Hafiz

Salaam Alaykum

Allah and Ahlulbait guided you to the right path. Be thankful on this.

Your name does NOT take you out of religion. You can change your name. If you live in a biased environment that if you choose a Shia name, people may kill you, then keep having Ayesha name. 

You need to show your faith and religion to Allah and Ahlulbait not to Most Shia People. Say this to that person who told you:" Most Shia people will not accept you because of your name"

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

• Veteran Member

Aslm

Allah Hafiz

The name does not reflect the niyya ie inside heart feeling of a person.  Allah swt has guided you to the path of the progeny of the prophet Muhammad saaw, its thy mercy on you as the quran states that no one can be a believer without thy permission.

wasalam

• Advanced Member

Aslm

Salaam Sister, 

Welcome to the path of Ahlulbait (ams). 

While there might not be an issue with you becoming shia with name Ayesha, it would be better if you can get another name (because of people judging). You can keep Ayesha for official purpose and in your documents but you can let people call you Zehra, Zainab, etc. 

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Ayesha begum said:

Aslm

Allah Hafiz

What you mean by  " low background " 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Ayesha begum said:

I'm Muslim (dudekula) lower caste in Muslim 

Salam Sister welcome ,in Islam specially in Shia Islam we don't have caste even persons like you have higher position in Shia Islam view more than persons that born in shia muslim Family.

• Basic Members

Aslm

I know that Shia don't have any caste they follow ahlulbayt.but few people who are Shia they said u related to dudekula(Muslim) so I can't convert into Shia they even have problem with my name "Ayesha" but I really want to convert to Shia Nd fellow ahlulbayt.

• Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, Ayesha begum said:

Aslm

I know that Shia don't have any caste they follow ahlulbayt.but few people who are Shia they said u related to dudekula(Muslim) so I can't convert into Shia they even have problem with my name "Ayesha" but I really want to convert to Shia Nd fellow ahlulbayt.

You don't have to listen to them, for they are not representatives of Islam/shia'ism. Ignore them. If you want to ask someone, you can contact a local shia aalim or you can also ask your questions on this site. We have knowledgeable brothers here. 

Goodluck. 

1 hour ago, Ayesha begum said:

Aslm

Noone can tell you not to be a shia. Even if the whole world gathers up and tells you that.  Islam and ahlulbayt is for everyone.

• Advanced Member

There were many companions of the Imams (as) named Muawiyah, Yazeed, Umar, Uthman and Abu Bakr who narrated ahadith from them, just pick up a random book from the Kutb al-Arbah and see for yourself. These were common Arab names back then and not associated with the specific individuals that they imply today.
A name doesn't mean anything.
I have not changed my name after I converted to Islam, neither am I going to change it.

• Advanced Member

There are other reports about the children of Imam al-'Askari (a) as well. Some have listed three sons and three daughters for him.[23] Al-Khasibi has listed two sisters named Fatima and Dalala for Imam al-Mahdi (a)[24] and Ibn Abi l-Thalj has mentioned a brother called Musa and two sisters called Fatima and 'A'isha (or Umm Musa) for Imam al-Mahdi (a)

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Imam_al-Hasan_b._'Ali_al-'Askari_(a)

• Development Team
On 5/6/2018 at 5:30 AM, Ayesha begum said:

Aslm

If you know that we don't have a caste system, then you can disregard them, Ayesha. Also,  don't worry about your name, Imam Ridha (as) had a daughter named Ayesha, so the name wasn't an issue for the Ahlulbayt (as). Also Shias are Muslims.  so I don't know what their problem is. You can be Shia if you want.

• Advanced Member
On 5/6/2018 at 3:49 AM, Ayesha begum said:

Aslm

Allah Hafiz

they lie 

• Veteran Member
3 minutes ago, Ayesha begum said:

I'm from Andhra Pradesh ( Vizag) India

As has been pointed out by everyone, your name and your caste has no importance whatsoever. As long as you believe in Allah, the Prophethood of Muhammad and Imamah, you are automatically a Shi'a. After that, even if the whole world tells you you're not a Shi'a, it doesn't matter and they're not important.

Secondly, while I can't speak to the people you may know, I have met a lot of Shi'as from India and they don't believe in all this caste system. If the people you know are so hung up on your caste, I suggest you branch out and find Shi'as from other mosques, especially those from larger cities, and you're sure to find proper Shi'as who don't believe in the caste system.

• Basic Members
6 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

I think hamdoulilah there is a strong Shia community in India and inshallah they will help you to better be partisan of the community of ahl hul bayts as :)

Thanks

I have learned everything  about Shia through you tube channel Nd with help of my friend Nd started doing namaz Nd wudu according to Shia from last 6 months  . But recently one of my uncle said me that Shia ppl won't accept me . Because my name is ayesha but really I love ahlulbayt I want to be a Shia 

53 minutes ago, Ayesha begum said:

Thanks

I have learned everything  about Shia through you tube channel Nd with help of my friend Nd started doing namaz Nd wudu according to Shia from last 6 months  . But recently one of my uncle said me that Shia ppl won't accept me . Because my name is ayesha but really I love ahlulbayt I want to be a Shia 

Well this is probable that they will find that weird ^^ but at the end of the day they will accept you I think :)

• Basic Members

Salaam.

My advice. Keep your name. 

Thats the name you have been given. Its a gift. Dont change it. My personal advice only.

Its a name, and it can even be used as part of Dawah. Name itself doesnt define a person. Your actions do.

The name Aysha is beautiful.

• Advanced Member
On 5/13/2018 at 10:08 AM, Ayesha begum said:

recently one of my uncle said me that Shia ppl won't accept me . Because my name is ayesha but really I love ahlulbayt I want to be a Shia

Salam he says it because he doesn’t want that you become Shia Muslim as @alidu78 Sa’id before many Nigerian new converts have names as Abubakr,Omar Uthman ,Mamun  even Aysha 

• Veteran Member
On 5/13/2018 at 11:29 PM, Ayesha begum said:

I'm from Andhra Pradesh ( Vizag) India

Sister,

you name has nothing to do with your beliefs.

But if you feel uncomfortable with that name, you can always change it.

How far do you live from Hyderabad?

Hyderabad has a fairly  large Shia population. 

Edited by baqar

• Basic Members
On 5/6/2018 at 7:19 AM, Ayesha begum said:

Aslm

Allah Hafiz

Salam u can become shia no problem if u want to change ur name that’s okay 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 5/29/2018 at 4:35 PM, Yasmin P said:

What is dangerous about following the Quran? 

الَّذِينَ جَعَلُوا الْقُرْآنَ عِضِينَ ﴿٩١

Those who made the Quran into shreds. (91

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.shakir/15:91

There is no danger for following Quran but these groups interprets Quran in their favor not in its true way & at last count other people as Kafirs as Khawarij were just reading the Quran but by their  false interruption which now comes in these new forms , they left speaking Quran the Imam Ali (as) & stick to papers blindy thus completely astrayd from way of truth