Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
learn

Last Chance to get Married

Rate this topic

Salam, I missed my last chance to get married and have a family life. I get to know this sunni guy through a friend and decided to get married with him. We were about to get married and he said that he want to do our nikah in sunni way. So I asked in this forum whether it is ok for a shia woman to do nikah in sunni way and no one really answered my question. I asked a shia sheikh whether it is ok for shia woman to do nikah in sunni way. He said it is not acceptable to do sunni way nikah and it has to be done in shia way. I asked the guy we do our niksh both in sunni and shia way.  He told me that he cannot do the shia way nikah so I had to say no to him and everything ended there.

The reason I am still not married and decided to get married with a sunni guy was because I never get suitable shia marriage proposals. The marriage proposals that I was getting from my community back home was younger then me and non practicing shia muslims. Now I have made my decision to never get married as I am 32+ years old and i have  run out of time to get married and i do not think it is worth to look to get married anymore because i am getting old. Can you please give me advice on how to cope with single life? How to live my single life inorder to have better next life akhera? 

Salam, I missed my last chance to get married and have a family life. I get to know this sunni guy through a friend and decided to get married with him. We were about to get married and he said that he want to do our nikah in sunni way. So I asked in this forum whether it is ok for a shia woman to do nikah in sunni way and no one really answered my question. I asked a shia sheikh whether it is ok for shia woman to do nikah in sunni way. He said it is not acceptable to do sunni way nikah and it has to be done in shia way. I asked the guy we do our niksh both in sunni and shia way.  He told me that he cannot do the shia way nikah so I had to say no to him and everything ended there.

I don't know who sheikh told you that, but he is wrong. From Ayotullah Sistani:

Q17) We are a Shia family. A Sunni gentleman has asked for my sister’s hand in marriage. He is a very good and descent man. He is a good Muslim. We would like to know if there is anything in the Shia faith that prevents such a marriage. (That makes it haram)?? Plus is it ok if a Sunni Sheikh performs the wedding contract?? Is it ok if a Shia Sheikh performs the contract?

A17) There is no objection with regards to Sunni Sheikh’s reading of the contract. But it is not permissible for a Shia girl to marry a Sunni man, if she fears being misled by him.

---

Your only concern is about the possibility that he can mislead you out of Shia'a Islam or make you accept beliefs that contradict Shi'ah beliefs.

Edited by Abu Nur

1 hour ago, learn said:

The reason I am still not married and decided to get married with a sunni guy was because I never get suitable shia marriage proposals. The marriage proposals that I was getting from my community back home was younger then me and non practicing shia muslims. Now I have made my decision to never get married as I am 32+ years old and i have  run out of time to get married and i do not think it is worth to look to get married anymore because i am getting old. Can you please give me advice on how to cope with single life? How to live my single life inorder to have better next life akhera? 

Don't lose hope in the Mercy of Allah(s.w.a). My advice is to do the 100 Rakats Salat on Laylatul Kadr( the consensus amoung ulema is that this is the 21st night of Shahr Ramadan). After the 100 Rakats, ask Allah(s.w.a) to help you find a husband who is momin and follower of Ahl Al Bayt(a.s). Another option, if you live near Iraq is to go to Bab Al Hawarij (near Shrine of Imam Kazim(a.s)) and ask there, as this is the best place to ask for such needs. Salam. 

there is no sunni way of nikah its only one way and that is Islamic Way which Shia follow only and its in the Quran so please say to sunni guy that read Quran before talking about nikah and dont promote fake nikah contracts which dont is legal in Islam sunni way of Nikah is not Nikah sorry to say but its true

On 5/3/2018 at 11:23 PM, learn said:

In my opinion, you're still young, you're never too old to get married. Just be patient, you'll find the right guy soon enough, just never loose hope. 

Also, I agree with @Qa'im, you're better off without a guy who won't even contemplate your wishes especially when it comes to religious beliefs and practice. 

Inshallah you find the right person soon, wish you all the best :)

On 5/3/2018 at 5:23 PM, learn said:

am 32+ years old and i have  run out of time to get married and i do not think it is worth to look to get married anymore because i am getting old. Can you please give me advice on how to cope with single life? How to live my single life inorder to have better next life akhera? 

32 years old isn't too old.  I know quite a few women who got married after this age. 

While everyone should pray to Allah and make practical efforts for a good spouse overall I believe we should focus our lives around marriage because it's not something which is really in our control. It will happen when and if it's destined to happen. Meanwhile people should focus on improving their careers, faith and spirituality and use their time,skills and money to get actively involved in charity work (there are more muslims in need of help than any other time in history). Happiness in life doesn't ways come from marriage, make new friends, start a hobby, travel, help people, sponsor an orphan or two, start some acts of sadqa e jariyyah, make good use of this time until a man takes over your whole life :D