Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous2144

Makrūh n recommend acts during sexual intercourse

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

Monday night (next day Tuesday). A child conceived on this night will have the prosperity of Islam, the opportunity of shahadat and he will not be punished with the polytheists. He will have a good smelling mouth and a merciful heart. He will be someone who gives in charity and his tongue will be clean from lies, back-biting or making false accusations.

InshaAllah but they must prepare &purify themselves from 40 days ago & be shia muslims to have best chance for this result but without good preparation its chance will decrease

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

8 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Nobody knows but its for situation that people have this goal from intercourse .

These hadiths contradict authentic hadiths so there pretty weak. There’s famous Hadith about bahlol the companion of the 6th and the 7th Imām about him proving abu Hanafi wrong about his belief and one of them was predestination. Have a look at the Hadith it’s also authentic.

1 minute ago, Anonymous2144 said:

about his belief and one of them was predestination. Have a look at the Hadith it’s also authentic.

You mix advises by predestination, these are advises which if people do it wI'll  get better results but these hadiths don't say that it is predestinated ,because Before &after that people must do other acts based the complete text but you get the middle of Text as contradiction with predestination without knowing start & end of it.

8 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

You mix advises by predestination, these are advises which if people do it wI'll  get better results but these hadiths don't say that it is predestinated ,because Before &after that people must do other acts based the complete text but you get the middle of Text as contradiction with predestination without knowing start & end of it.

But these advises are guaranteeing that the child will be etc,etc,etc which contradicts  our predestination belief. It is up to the parent how he raises the child and how much effort he puts and it won’t be fair for the other child because his parents didn’t do what was “advised”.the child will do evil acts etc,etc,etc  and he will go to hell. If these were true then on judgement day that child will say to god it’s not fair that you are sending me to hell because my parents didn’t have intercourse at a recommended time  and you predestined me to hell. Does that sound logical or just to you ?? To me that’s not just or logical. Because Islam is a logical religion and Allah swt is just. 

4 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

you ?? To me that’s not just or logical. Because Islam is a logical religion and Allah swt is ju

I said what I must say & have no more word .

:respect::censored::censored::censored:

On 5/3/2018 at 3:16 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

.in the after noon do not do intercourse if a child brings it becomes strabismus  and Shaitan likes strabismus

I have strabismus, the chances of having strabismus are much higher if you have cerebral palsy. Quite a few people that I met that had CP, also had crossed eyes.  Has nothing to do with parents having sex in the afternoon, this hadith makes Islam look ignorant and backwards. 

On 5/3/2018 at 3:16 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

yes , if you want other error mention it for fixing.

Brother, if you're going to translate hadiths from Arabic to English, Google is not the way to do it. Google Translator is something of a joke.  I urge you to actually study English and how to translate, a bad translation is worse than none at all.  You do a greater disservice to the Ummah and our Madhab by giving misleading or bad translations than never translating at all.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:15 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

6- In the afternoon, do not be construed if a child brings a scythe (Luch and two) and the devil is happy to be a man.

^ You never explained what this means? What is "Luch and two" and construed is being used improperly,  to construe is explain or interpret the meaning of an object or action; Can also mean to translate as well.

This thread shows what's wrong with shi'as these days, and I don't mean the OP. So because something is ''funny'' or sounds ''backwards'' you deem a narration weak? What kind of hadith science is this? And the one replier who keeps saying ''no this isn't what we believe in, look at the sayed ammar video''. Did Sayyed Ammar become the de-facto shi'a example? The beacon of illumination? Come on people. Hadith collections, both sunni ones and ours, have an insane amount of ''weird'' (weird for someone in our timeline/space) sounding reports, plus most of them are perfectly saheeh or at least hasan. Stop being so opinionated. If you don't like something, keep your mouth and mind in check and go study and research before having an absolute opinion lest you may deem an Imam (as) or the Messenger (saws) a liar.

Sorry just had to vent that out real quick.

Edited by P. Ease

3 hours ago, P. Ease said:

This thread shows what's wrong with shi'as these days, and I don't mean the OP. So because something is ''funny'' or sounds ''backwards'' you deem a narration weak? What kind of hadith science is this? And the one replier who keeps saying ''no this isn't what we believe in, look at the sayed ammar video''. Did Sayyed Ammar become the de-facto shi'a example? The beacon of illumination? Come on people. Hadith collections, both sunni ones and ours, have an insane amount of ''weird'' (weird for someone in our timeline/space) sounding reports, plus most of them are perfectly saheeh or at least hasan. Stop being so opinionated. If you don't like something, keep your mouth and mind in check and go study and research before having an absolute opinion lest you may deem an Imam (as) or the Messenger (saws) a liar.

Sorry just had to vent that out real quick.

The reason why I was telling the people to watch sayyed ammar al nakashwanis video on predestination is to see how these “advises” contradict hadiths that are authentic. In the video sayyed ammar gave us many examples,hadiths from the Quran and the ahlulbayt (a.s). 

1 hour ago, myouvial said:

Back to post.

Unless for making gossip/rumor/fitnah, please list the proof of all the hadith, scientifically (using all human sense and perception/logic).

To understand if these hadiths are authentic or not you must first understand the Shi’a belief on predestination then compare these “advice”  hadiths with the authentic ones then you will understand how these hadiths are contradicting. For example Adam (a.s) and hawa (a.s) they ate the apple from the tree when god told them not to do so,so they committed sin does that mean that their children will also carry the sin? No they won’t. Some of these advises say if you have sexual intercourse at a certain position and time the child will be a oppressor,etc,etc,etc. does that sound fair to you? That the child will do these immoral acts and go to hell because his parents didn’t do what was advised. If these hadiths were true then on judgement day that child will say to god it’s not fair that your sending me to hell because my parents didn’t do what was advised and predestined me to hell. Does that sound fair and just to you ?? Certainly not. 

Back to post.

Unless for making gossip/rumor/fitnah, please list the proof of all the hadith, scientifically (using all human sense and perception/logic).

The video that I posted in this thread explains predestination and gives plenty of examples and hadiths from the ahlulbayt (a.s) and the Quran 

Then your other option for your post is :

Please someone give proofs of all this hadith. If hadith does not make sense, throw it into garbage. The problems is what about the next generation who will read this supposed hadith ?

4 minutes ago, myouvial said:

Then your other option for your post is :

Please someone give proofs of all this hadith. If hadith does not make sense, throw it into garbage. The problems is what about the next generation who will read this supposed hadith ?

If they came across this thread obviously they will see this convo and see the video above and judge for themselves and believe what they want to believe but if they only came across the hadiths only they will most likely question them and probably end up in this thread. 

On 5/2/2018 at 5:30 PM, Anonymous2144 said:

Salam alaykum brothers and sisters I came accross this hadiths about recommend times for sexual intercourse and it sounds weak to me and contradicting because they take pridestination (according to Shi’a Islam) out of context I’ve seen sayyid Amar al nakshawani about predestination and these hadiths contradict it. Here are the some the hadiths 

recommended times

Sunday night (next day Monday). A child conceived on this night will be content with whatever Allāh سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى gives him, will have an excellent memory and will be °āfidh (memorizer) of the Qur`an.45

2. Monday night (next day Tuesday). A child conceived on this night will have the prosperity of Islam, the opportunity of shahadat and he will not be punished with the polytheists. He will have a good smelling mouth and a merciful heart. He will be someone who gives in charity and his tongue will be clean from lies, back-biting or making false accusations.46

3. Wednesday night (next day Thursday). A child conceived on this night will be a ruler from the rulers of Sharī°ah or a scholar from the scholars of religion.47

4. The day of Thursday, at the time of decline of the day. This is the best time and is highly recommended for conception. Satan will not go near the child conceived on this night until he/she becomes old and the security of religion and the world will be his/hers.48

5. Thursday night (next day Friday). A child conceived on this night will be a preacher, orator and reciter.49

6. The day of Friday, after the time of °Aŝr. A child conceived will be well known amongst the wise and learned people.50

7. The day of Friday, after the time of Isha. A child conceived will be from the good and suitable people.51
8. 1st night of Ramaďān.52

makruh times

Looking at the private parts of the woman during the actual act, as this leads to blindness in the child.33

2. Speaking during the actual act (with the exception of dhikr of Allāh (SwT)), as this leads to dumbness in the child.34

3. Having henna on (the man), as this leads to effeminacy of the child (i.e. a girl has characteristics of a boy and vice versa).35

4. Thinking of or desiring another woman during the act, as this leads to insanity of the child.36

5. Making love in the presence of a child, who can either see, or hear the sounds of the act, as this results in that child never being delivered (from the fire of hell) and becoming an adulterer.37

6. Making love when someone is awake in the house that can see, or hear the sounds of the act, as this results in the child never being delivered (from the fire of hell), and becoming an adulterer.38

7. Making love standing, as this results in the child having a bed-wetting problem.39

8. Making love on the rooftop, as this results in the child being hypocritical, and a heretic (innovator).40

9. Making love under a fruit tree, as this results in the child being an executioner and a leader of oppression.41

10. Making love directly under sunlight, as this results in the child being poor, even until his death.42

11. Making love when the man is muhtalim (i.e. become in the state of janabat during his sleep) and before doing Wuďū or Ghusl, as this results in the child becoming insane.43

do other marja’s have different opinions on this if so can please show me them or put a link to it thank you.

I was translating a hadith from al-Kafi (but i do not remember which files in my archive).

That Imam a.s. do not recommend 'acrobatic' action during intercourse. Yes, the word they use is 'acrobatic'.:censored:

And there is an explanation : it is not to harm every each other.

I was translating a hadith from al-Kafi (but i do not remember which files in my archive).

That Imam a.s. do not recommend 'acrobatic' action during intercourse. Yes, the word they use is 'acrobatic'.:censored:

And there is an explanation : it is not to harm every each other.

How can you possibly do acrobatic action(s) during sexual imtercorse?? I just looked up what it means and it’s got to do with gymnastics. It would make sense if it got to do with balance and etc becuase there is a possibility of an injury lol 

12 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

How can you possibly do acrobatic action(s) during sexual imtercorse?? I just looked up what it means and it’s got to do with gymnastics. It would make sense if it got to do with balance and etc becuase there is a possibility of an injury lol 

Well, internet tells everything. just google lol

I reacted exactly the same way as the majority of you guys when I first learnt about these hadiths. How can a person be blamed for something that he or she was predestined for? That doesn't seem logical or fair and we all know that God is fair. At the same time I do believe that there is validity to these hadiths. 

There is a way to explain this seeming contradiction.

God knows beforehand which path a person will choose in the donya and how their end will be. So let's say that a couple have sex during an appropriate night or date and that act is gonna lead to a child being a pious scholar according to the hadith. Allah SWT can then easily place a child that will choose a pious life and pursue religious studies in that woman's womb as he knows exactly what each of his creation will choose and do in their lives. 

In this case the parents act have led to them getting a child of that nature, and at the same time Allah SWT has not done thulm on the child as the child still chose how to live his or her life. No contradiction.

Edited by Carlzone

The OP did not post Isnad for these hadith or what book they are from. So we don't know if any of these are authentic. Any hadith that we cannot establish it's authenticity, we are under no obligation to follow it. There are hundreds of thousands of fake hadith in circulation(probably millions), fyi. I am not saying these are fake, but we can't establish their authenticity either. 

5 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

The OP did not post Isnad for these hadith or what book they are from. So we don't know if any of these are authentic. Any hadith that we cannot establish it's authenticity, we are under no obligation to follow it. There are hundreds of thousands of fake hadith in circulation, fyi. I am not saying these are fake, but we can't establish their authenticity either. 

You can read such hadiths in Makarim Al-akhlaaq under the section "Etiquettes of wedding".

1 hour ago, Carlzone said:

You can read such hadiths in Makarim Al-akhlaaq under the section "Etiquettes of wedding".

I believe our brother Abu Hadi still has a point, we need to verify the veracity of these narrations before we engage in attempts to reconcile them with Allah’s justice. We may find upon scrutiny that they are not authentically transmitted from the Ahlulbayt (as), as such they would not be a hujjah upon us, and there would be no need to exhaust ourselves mentally trying to explain why they’re unproblematic.

56 minutes ago, IbnMariam said:

I believe our brother Abu Hadi still has a point, we need to verify the veracity of these narrations before we engage in attempts to reconcile them with Allah’s justice. We may find upon scrutiny that some of them are not authentically transmitted from the Ahlulbayt (as), as such they would not be a hujjah upon us, and there would be no need to exhaust ourselves mentally trying to explain why they’re not problematic.

How valid are the hadiths in Makarim Al-akhlaaq?

How authentic is Makarim Al-akhlaaq regarded as?

35 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

How valid are the hadiths in Makarim Al-akhlaaq?

How authentic is Makarim Al-akhlaaq regarded as?

I don’t know, I couldn’t judge even looking at the chains as I’m not a scholar.

Edit: http://www.ccestudies.com/SQV, Makarim al-Akhlaq.pdf

The writer suggests in this document (page 2) that the narrations in makarim al-akhlaq lack full chains. If true, technically, this makes them weak, but the writer clarifies in the same paragraph that narrations concerning matters of akhlaq are not judged so strictly as those regarding fiqh. Still, technically these narrations would therefore not be binding upon us should there be anything problematic in them, unless their authenticity can be ascertained from other hadith collections that do provide the chains.

Edited by IbnMariam

2 minutes ago, IbnMariam said:

I don’t know, I couldn’t judge even looking at the chains as I’m not a scholar.

Well it doesn't seem feasible that laypeople need to check every hadith they encounter without special Islamic knowledge. Neither do scholars have the time to aid every person who wants to know if a certain hadith is authentic. There must be some sort of consensus among scholars as to which Shia books are reliable sources of hadiths.

14 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Well it doesn't seem feasible that laypeople need to check every hadith they encounter without special Islamic knowledge. Neither do scholars have the time to aid every person who wants to know if a certain hadith is authentic. There must be some sort of consensus among scholars as to which Shia books are reliable sources of hadiths.

From my very basic and shallow understanding, there is a principle in the study of fiqh known as التسامح في ادلة السنن، which essentially means having a more lenient standard of evidence to establish the sunnah/ mustahab actions, such that weak hadiths can be used. I’m sure it’s been mentioned on this forum before if you want to look up old threads. You can also read about it here:

http://ar.mobile.wikishia.net/index.php/قاعدة_التسامح_في_أدلة_السنن

It’s suggested here that some scholars accept it and some don’t. But going back to the original point, we don’t have to worry about ahadith that seem problematic if they’re categorised as weak.

5 minutes ago, IbnMariam said:

From my very basic and shallow understanding, there is a principle in the study of fiqh known as التسامح في ادلة السنن، which essentially means having a more lenient standard of evidence to establish the sunnah/ mustahab actions, such that weak hadiths can be used. I’m sure it’s been mentioned on this forum before if you want to look up old threads. You can also read about it here:

http://ar.mobile.wikishia.net/index.php/قاعدة_التسامح_في_أدلة_السنن

It’s suggested here that some scholars accept it and some don’t. But going back to the original point, we don’t have to worry about ahadith that seem problematic if they’re categorised as weak.

Thank you! Do you know where one can find out which Shia books are considered reliable by our scholars?

I once read or heard that if a abd hears about a hadith and acts upon it expecting the reward, then Allah SWT will give him that reward even if the hadith was not correct. I don't remember where I read or heard this, but if it is true then one can act upon any hadith one wants and reap the benefits InshaAllah. 

14 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Thank you! Do you know where one can find out which Shia books are considered reliable by our scholars?

I once read or heard that if a abd hears about a hadith and acts upon it expecting the reward, then Allah SWT will give him that reward even if the hadith was not correct. I don't remember where I read or heard this, but if it is true then one can act upon any hadith one wants and reap the benefits InshaAllah. 

That's true if their  niyyat was correct. At the same time it is not correct for someone to encourage others to do a mustajabat or discourage them from a makrooh act unless they know for sure this act is properly classified based on reliable hadith from reliable sources

19 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

From what I understand, most of our main early hadith books were not compiled with the intention of producing ‘sahih’ narrations only. If you’re looking for a book in which a scholar intends to compile only reliable narrations, then take a look at this:

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235043426-a-comprehensive-compilation-of-reliable-narrations/

Edited by IbnMariam

Some of the things mentioned in the opening post are confirmed by Sayyed Al-Sistani (ha) in Minhaj Al-Saliheen;

مسألة 5 : تستحب التسمية عند الجماع، وان يكون على وضوء سيما إذا كانت المرأة حاملاً، وان يسأل الله تعالى ان يرزقه ولداً تقياً مباركاً زكياً ذكراً سوياً. ويكره الجماع في ليلة الخسوف، ويوم الكسوف، وعند الزوال إلاّ يوم الخميس، وعند الغروب قبل ذهاب الشفق، وفي المحاق، وبعد الفجر حتى تطلع الشمس، وفي أول ليلة من الشهر إلاّ شهر رمضان، وفي ليلة النصف من الشهر وآخره، وعند الزلزلة والريح الصفراء والسوداء. ويكره مستقبل القبلة ومستدبرها، وفي السفينة، وعارياً، وعقيب الاحتلام قبل الغسل، ولا يكره معاودة الجماع بغير غسل. ويكره النظر الى فرج الزوجة، والكلام بغير ذكر الله وان يجامع وعنده من ينظر اليه ـ حتى الصبي والصبية ـ ما لم يستلزم محرماً والا فلا يجوز. 

https://www.sistani.org/arabic/book/16/858/

5 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

That's true if their  niyyat was correct. At the same time it is not correct for someone to encourage others to do a mustajabat or discourage them from a makrooh act unless they know for sure this act is properly classified based on reliable hadith from reliable sources

What do you mean by their niyya being correct? 

If I for instance read a certain hadith and really wanted the reward so I decide to act upon it, is my niyya correct or is there anything else to consider?

On 8/5/2018 at 8:53 PM, IbnMariam said:

From what I understand, most of our main early hadith books were not compiled with the intention of producing ‘sahih’ narrations only. If you’re looking for a book in which a scholar intends to compile only reliable narrations, then take a look at this:

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235043426-a-comprehensive-compilation-of-reliable-narrations/

Oh ok, so there could be both reliable and unreliable hadiths in the same book even if the book generally is considered as a reliable book amongst Shia scholars?

Thank you for the link!! That's really great, to InshaAllah have a collection of reliable hadiths once and for all. I hope they'll gather all reliable hadiths InshaAllah. 

Without getting into the authenticity of the hadith, the actions of the parents are inherited by the child. 

Simplest example is an alcohol's child will be born with alcohol addiction. 

A drug addict 's child will be born addicted to drugs.

So then why wouldn't a winner's xhd inherit some traits of the sinner. It is not Allah punishing the child. It's the parents.

Our actions have a direct impact on our off-spring - physical and / or spiritual.

10 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

The OP did not post Isnad for these hadith or what book they are from. So we don't know if any of these are authentic. Any hadith that we cannot establish it's authenticity, we are under no obligation to follow it. There are hundreds of thousands of fake hadith in circulation(probably millions), fyi. I am not saying these are fake, but we can't establish their authenticity either. 

I got these Hadiths from Islamic.org. That website also has weak hadiths not everything is authentic on there. I already proved to myself that these hadiths are weak. I’m surprised people are still having a hard time to deem this hadith weak when there’s proof using logic through authentic hadiths. 

8 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Some of the things mentioned in the opening post are confirmed by Sayyed Al-Sistani (ha) in Minhaj Al-Saliheen;

مسألة 5 : تستحب التسمية عند الجماع، وان يكون على وضوء سيما إذا كانت المرأة حاملاً، وان يسأل الله تعالى ان يرزقه ولداً تقياً مباركاً زكياً ذكراً سوياً. ويكره الجماع في ليلة الخسوف، ويوم الكسوف، وعند الزوال إلاّ يوم الخميس، وعند الغروب قبل ذهاب الشفق، وفي المحاق، وبعد الفجر حتى تطلع الشمس، وفي أول ليلة من الشهر إلاّ شهر رمضان، وفي ليلة النصف من الشهر وآخره، وعند الزلزلة والريح الصفراء والسوداء. ويكره مستقبل القبلة ومستدبرها، وفي السفينة، وعارياً، وعقيب الاحتلام قبل الغسل، ولا يكره معاودة الجماع بغير غسل. ويكره النظر الى فرج الزوجة، والكلام بغير ذكر الله وان يجامع وعنده من ينظر اليه ـ حتى الصبي والصبية ـ ما لم يستلزم محرماً والا فلا يجوز. 

https://www.sistani.org/arabic/book/16/858/

This says that it is disliked if the act was done in those specific days and times etc. But it doesn't give such a detailed description of what kind of character the child will have if it was conceived on certain days. This isn't as deterministic as the "hadiths" in the original post. So, yes it may be makruh if the child is conciceved on an eclipse, but does that mean that the child will be a sinner, as these hadiths have suggested?

1 minute ago, 2Timeless said:

This says that it is disliked if the act was done in those specific days and times etc. But it doesn't give such a detailed description of what kind of character the child will have if it was conceived on certain days. This isn't as deterministic as the "hadiths" in the original post. So, yes it may be makruh if the child is conciceved on an eclipse, but does that mean that the child will be a sinner, as these hadiths have suggested?

If the child was to be a sinner then that would contradict authentic hadiths that is agreed with all jurists. “A soul does not bear the burden of another soul” is not an hadith by an aya from the Quran. This is just an example.  If these “advises” predetermined what the child would be the it would contradict the aya that a just posted above and many authentic hadiths. 

6 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Without getting into the authenticity of the hadith, the actions of the parents are inherited by the child. 

Simplest example is an alcohol's child will be born with alcohol addiction. 

A drug addict 's child will be born addicted to drugs.

So then why wouldn't a winner's xhd inherit some traits of the sinner. It is not Allah punishing the child. It's the parents.

Our actions have a direct impact on our off-spring - physical and / or spiritual.

That’s not the case there are really good people out there that unfortunately have drug addict parents. But some of a our actions do sometimes have a impact on a offspring depending of a server our actions are (obviously if one repents then it would wash away).