Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
786abdullah786

Praying Fajr Sunni time - Qadha needed?

Rate this topic

Mistakenly I have been using namaz timetable which is according to the Sunni method, which means sometimes I prayed out of time (according to Shia method). Considering it was a genuine mistake that I wasn't aware of, do I have do qadha for the ones that were out of time?

19 hours ago, 786abdullah786 said:

Considering it was a genuine mistake that I wasn't aware of, do I have do qadha for the ones that were out of time?

No ,for previous one you don't need Qada but after knowing difference must follow Shia Timing.

19 minutes ago, 786abdullah786 said:

Thank you, is this answer based in any marjas fatwa? Could you quote any?

No it us based on my experience but when you do an action that don't know it's rule ,it is based that is mubah until you find out its true rule.

On 5/2/2018 at 2:46 PM, 786abdullah786 said:

Mistakenly I have been using namaz timetable which is according to the Sunni method, which means sometimes I prayed out of time (according to Shia method). Considering it was a genuine mistake that I wasn't aware of, do I have do qadha for the ones that were out of time?

Depends. If Sunni's Namaz time happens after Shia's time then you have prayed in correct timings. If the reverse was true then you better ask your mujtahid or his wakil. 

On 5/2/2018 at 2:16 PM, 786abdullah786 said:

Brother in case of Fajar, Suni time start after 10 mints of Shia prayer time i.e. if shia fajar prayer time is 4.10 Am, Suni prayer time might be 4:20 Am. So technically if you had prayed on suni fajar time, shia pray time has started already, so it is fine if you had prayed at suni time.

For Zuhr and Asr prayer, Shia prayer time also start before Suni prayer i.e In Pakistan normally Shia Zuhr starts at 12:15 PM, where as suni Zuhr starts at around 1:15 PM. So for zuhr and Asr there is no issue too if you had prayed at suni time.

Problem might arise at Magrib and Isha, Shia magrib prayer time starts after 10 mints of suni magrib time i.e. if suni magrib is at 6:10 PM, shia magrib starts at 6:20 PM. 

Please note these timing differnce of shia and suni prayers are in Pakistan, time difference might differ in other countries.

Edited by SIAR14