Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Serious Problem.

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Aoa!I am a 17 year old Muslim girl. My parents teach me every thing about islam. But now as i think deeply about Some of their teachings they dont even make sense. Then i started to study on religious websites and books and hadith,sunnah etc...i came to know that their some or maybe many teachings dont even exist anywhere...(which are actually of small nature,btw)

Each time i say them such a thing they try to give me  insulting  smile as usual....and even say me kafr indirectly and say; they are written in the books stop seeing these kinda posts on social media by uneducated people......and when i ask to show sources and books they dont even show me

Now they are irritating me .. I dont know what to do...any help?!

(Btw...i am really sorry for my horrifying English..as this is not my native language)

• Veteran Member

Salam.

Religion shouldn’t be inherited. We need to do the research and come to our own conclusions and not follow blindly.  Life time struggle.

If you feel irritated, then release it here to get opinions from different people.

It is not good to disrespect our parents.  Parents always expect their children to follow them in term of religion because of their age and experiences.  

It is important for us to manage their expectation intelligently, not emotionally.

Layman

• Advanced Member

Learn your religion, do not inherit it. - Imam Ali (as) 

Its good that you are starting to question what you are being taught and here you can ask any question where hundreds of brothers and sisters would be willing to help. What is your background sister? Culture and religion in many parts of the Islamic world can become intertwined and in some cases contradicting. I wish you all best but when you disagree with your parents do so in a respectful manner as doing so in a negative way is against the teachings of Islam. I wish you well on your journey of discovery sister. 

Salam. 

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Elsa said:

Aoa!I am a 17 year old Muslim girl. My parents teach me every thing about islam. But now as i think deeply about Some of their teachings they dont even make sense. Then i started to study on religious websites and books and hadith,sunnah etc...i came to know that their some or maybe many teachings dont even exist anywhere...(which are actually of small nature,btw)

Each time i say them such a thing they try to give me  insulting  smile as usual....and even say me kafr indirectly and say; they are written in the books stop seeing these kinda posts on social media by uneducated people......and when i ask to show sources and books they dont even show me

Now they are irritating me .. I dont know what to do...any help?!

(Btw...i am really sorry for my horrifying English..as this is not my native language)

We all go through that phase. They mix culture with religion. Period.