Rate this topic

Congratulations on accepting the Haq (truth)

You can become a muslim simply by reciting Shahada i.e. testimony for Oneness of Allah, Prophethood of Mohammad (saww) and Wilayat of Ameerul momeneen Ali ibn Abitalib (as). After reciting shahadah, you will be a muslim and you need to follow and tread the path of Islam as reported by Prophet and his Ahlulbayt . 

Shahada: The above is Arabic text, the line below is how you can pronounce it right now:

اشهد آن لا إله إلا الله و ان محمدا رسول الله و ان علیا ولی الله

ash'hado allā'ilāha'illā-llāh, va anna muhammadan rasūlu-llāh, wa anna'alīyyan walīyyu-llāh

Edited by Arminmo

Twelver Shia Islam has five Usul al-Din and ten Furu al-Din, i.e., the Shia Islamic beliefs and practices. The Twelver Shia Islam Usul al-Din, equivalent to a Shia Five Pillars, are all beliefs considered foundational to Islam, and thus classified a bit differently from those listed above.[30] They are:

1. Tawhid (Monotheism: belief in the Oneness of God)
  2. 'Adl (Divine Justice: belief in the Almighty's justice)
  3. Nubuwwah (Prophethood)
  4. Imamah (Succession to the Muhammad)
  5. Mi'ad (The Day of Judgment and the Resurrection)

In addition to these Five Pillars, there are ten practices that Shia Muslims must perform, called the Ancillaries of the Faith[31] (Arabic: furūʿ al-dīn).

1. Salat
  2. Sawm
  3. Zakāt, similar to Sunni Islam, it applies to money, cattle, silver, gold, dates, raisins, wheat, and barley.
  4. Khums: an annual taxation of one-fifth (20%) of the gains that a year has been passed on without using. Khums is paid to the Imams; indirectly to poor and needy people.
  5. Hajj
  6. Jihad
  7. Amr-bil-Maroof: enjoining what is right.
  8. Nahi Anil Munkar: forbidding what is wrong.
  9. Tawalla: expressing love towards Good.
  10. Tabarra: expressing disassociation and hatred towards Evil.[32]

go to www.al-islam.org for a collection of islamic material (shia). 

Salam, may Allah Bless you

The information about prayer is in the pinned topic in the Reverts Forum. You will find posts, links to other sites, videos and pamphlets. 

Choose a "marja" for legal rulings on how to live your life.

ShiaChat has a pinned topic in Jurisprudence with information on Grand Ayatullahs and their websites:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/71812-grand-ayatullahs/

Another source when doing research to find a marja is this Shia website:

http://www.islamic-laws.com/ulamaa.htm

Edited by Arminmo

Salaam Alaykum

It's Wiladat of Imam Zaman and you ask for converting to Islam. You're Imam Zaman's guest. Welcome to Islam.

Islam is Quran and Ahlulbait. You read Quran and see what Ahlulbait tell you, then you follow them. You don't need anything else. BTW, you're Imam Zaman's guest. Always think of him. He helps you.

@Arminmo

Does Revelation fall under Nubuwwat?  What about Sunnah?

Do the principles of Usul ud-Deen apply to all divinely instituted forms of religion?

@Marc Zens

Dear Marc!

Congratulations on reaching a place of such intense spiritual clarity!  I don’t know what experiences have gone into bringing you to this moment, and you’ve probably done all of this, but...

I really agree with @Arminmo - be sure to familiarize yourself thoroughly with the roots of Islamic belief and the defining practices of Islam.  Convert out of knowledge and conviction.

Once you understand and fully embrace those fundamentals, convert.  Some people get so hung up on understanding every little thing that they miss out on the knowledge that comes from tasting the reality.  Everyone here has done a great job of telling you how to move forward, and like I said, you’ve probably done all of the things that I mentioned.  If so, you have my prayers that you only grow closer and closer to God.