Haytch

Why Shi’a is the right path

Rate this topic

I’m a 22 year old Shia female who would like to know more.. I feel lost, I feel like I know about Shia because I was raised as one although I don’t think I know the facts.. I want to know so much more, I want to truly understand why Shia people are the right path and how to prove to sunni wrong?? What can we ask sunni people to help them actually see that the people they worship have done wrong.. is all this in the Quran? I’m sorry I don’t know much.. im looking into learning more about my religion as I do not have anyone to teach me and online wasn’t something I liked to refer to. Thank you 

Salams 

I would suggest that you first remove the labels such as Sunni or Shia from your identity. 

Afterwards, study the principles of both schools. That is, consider the rationales offered by the both of them regarding Islamic ideology as well as its practical programs.

Simultaneously, read and assess the authenticity and the lessons of Islamic history without bias. 

May Allah make you certain that the path of Ahlulbayt (as) is the path of truth.

Don't make it a goal in life to disprove Sunnis. Gain knowledge only to get closer to Allah, and your intellect will show you the right path. At the end of the day, we'll all have to return to Allah, so it's not about winning a debate or anything.

Just be true to yourself and follow a school which has 3 elements:

(1) Rationality

(2) Spirituality 

(3) Justice

This is a great book to read: 

https://www.al-islam.org/man-and-faith-ayatullah-murtadha-mutahhari

Salam,

Be sincere (ikhlas), believe deeply that Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is the Best Guide (yaqqin), show struggle to find the truth (jihad), total reliance on Him سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى (tawakkal), be patience (sabr).

With the above characteristics... insyaAllah you will find the truth.

Born a shia is not a guarantee to be in the right path.  Even if we are born while the Prophet is alive, it is not the guarantee for safe passage.  Time and place do not matter...

Start with.."the Prophet (saw) left two weighty things..... if you hold on to it, your will NEVER go astray.

Don't prove Sunni or Shia are right or wrong.  Prove to our own selves that the path we are following is the right path without a single doubt.

May Allah swt guides us all!

Wassalam.

Layman