Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Jaffar_is_in_use

Do you prefer the current "Islamic Regime" or shah

Rate this topic

Rah, this is madness. This was posted a year ago and people are coming back to it.

don’t really have anything to say. But since Im into cars, The Shah of Iran, Owned a Bugatti 57C (Fastest car of its time and costs nearly $40m today), custom made for himself. And a Lamborghini Miura Sv. Which are both insane cars, but both of these cars were basically never driven as the Shah of Iran himself has said the roads were not good enough in Iran to drive these. Especially since the Bugatti 57c has a top speed of nearly 130mph with a supercharged engine nearly 80yrs ago !! Either way some awesome cars. Doubt anyone cares, but yh just in case you wanted to know

Also Ive lived in Iran for a couple of years myself for those saying I aint lived there.

6 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

My experience was different when I was there few years back. There was me, a couple of my family members and my relative who was living in Iran at the time. He (the relative) was giving us a tour of Bibi Masooma Qom's haram. When we got to the scholars section, this guy came and stood beside us. He

Salam your experience is unique but real security persons don’t expose themselves so easy as you said ,it maybe he was a low ranking security person from shrine that  became curious of your English speaking because,English or other foreigner language speakers usually don’t visit shrines & it’s rare that a foreigner speaker comes for Ziarat because most of them are Christians & they avoid from religious city but in recent years ratio their visit is increasing that sometimes make people there curious about them.

11 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

What's your opinion on this below? Do you believe Khamenai is the most qualified for his role presently?

One outcome of the revolution was that it brought Islam to the forefront of social events, and with it, fitnas, conspiracies and evolving social crisis. Unlike in the past, this has given up a new metric to measure the basirat (spiritual awareness, separating truth from falshood) of the religious leaders and marajs. A scholar or marja can be the highest rank in figh and Islamic knowledge, but when it applying their knowledge and knowing whats true and whats false, they can be a lower than an average person. Basirat, is what matters when it comes to leadership and its the output of years of training scholars receive. It is what's expected from a marja as a leader of Shia.

The revolution and the ensuing fitna's exposed alot of the marja's and scholars as just been educated in figh and not much beyond that. Imam Khomeini saw through that, and hence dismissed most maraj's as unfit for leadership. A good example is Ayatollah Montazeri (who was thought to succeed Imam Khomeini). This is also why, in decades leading up to the revolution, extensive effort was made to train new era of scholars for that very purpose. Imam Khamenei was the outcome of that.

In the last 40 years of the revolution, with ever increasing complexity of the fitna's occurring, there hasn't been any scholar who has demonstrated basirat even close to the level of Wali Fagih. Knowing what to say, when to say, how to act, when to act and when not to act is all part of it. 

13 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

Is it true that he cannot act as a marja for anyone inside Iran?

As far as I know, thats no the case anymore.

On 3/19/2019 at 11:36 PM, Revert1963 said:

Burlesque theaters and drink alcohol in public!

Yes! Just alcohol-minded people would prefer a weak, backward and dependent regime run by a dictator, tosarikhor puppet and corrupt person who doesn't care for people and their opinions over an advanced, independent, progressive, powerful establishment led by a divine, sophisticated, pious person who cares for everything needed to be cared about.

Can we even compare these two?!

Edited by kamyar

20 hours ago, Klanky said:

That was a very interesting article. 

Because I don't speak Farsi, obviously I was not aware of many of those channels. Since I was born and raised in Los Angeles, and in the community there, obviously I was aware of those channels but never actually watched them (the language issue). 

The Iranian brothers and sisters who are aware and awake (spiritually) realize that those channels are nothing but pre-packaged, sliced up propaganda in the form of 'entertainment'. But since a large number of Iranian brothers and sisters are not awake, spiritually, and since The U.S., in particular is very effective and efficient in creating this sort of propaganda (it's their specialty and the main way they influence global politics) hence the effects of this on the Iranian community, both inside and outside Iran is very large. 

None of this propaganda is that effective by itself, but it is created in such variety, and in such large amounts, that it is really hard to ignore, even for the 'religious' people. The other side is that those brothers and sisters who are 'religious' or I like to say who are spiritually awake and in touch with their inner nature have no interest in doing or creating media and these types of things and see it as either corrupt or superfluous. Like was stated in the article, the only sort of media that is created on the other side, is dry and boring. This has to change as the media is now the main battlefront in the war between Haqq and Batil. 

As an outsider, I can only offer my general impressions on this

I don't see anything wrong with the structure, or design of the Iranian government/state. Some westerners might object to the theocratic elements, but if this is what the Iranian people want, they should have it. We do hear about "human rights abuses" and other problems, but how much of this is propaganda vs. reality is difficult to say.

When I lived in Germany when I was younger, I went to a boarding school that had some Iranian students. They had fled the revolution and were very pro-Shah. They frequently claimed that the US engineered the overthrow of the Shah because Iran was becoming too powerful, and was beginning to look like a western super-power in the Middle-East. 

There is probably some truth to this

But the Shah was heavy-handed and at times brutal, that much we know 

8 minutes ago, Silas said:

There is probably some truth to this

But the Shah was heavy-handed and at times brutal, that much we know 

One of major things that America didn’t stand with Shah was that he somehow was criticizing Israel at his end years & they were thinking if they do nothing & remain neutral during revolution next regime will be very week & even can’t criticizes Israel but they made a great mistake because America was thinking a religious leader like as Imam Khomeini (رضي الله عنه) can’t form a strong regime against Israel that in recent years anti regime groups promoted this Idead that Imam (رضي الله عنه) made a deal with CIA to overthrown the Shah but it was in reality some people around Imam (رضي الله عنه) had talks with some CIAagents but after revolution & taking hostage from  the American  embassy their plans foiled 

1 hour ago, Abu Hadi said:

None of this propaganda is that effective by itself, but it is created in such variety, and in such large amounts, that it is really hard to ignore, even for the 'religious' people. The other side is that those brothers and sisters who are 'religious' or I like to say who are spiritually awake and in touch wit

Salam nowadays in addition to ‘Manoto’ they added a new channel in name of ‘ Iran international ‘ that produces professional content & news by Saudi petrodollar that intensifies pressure as source of news that many that don’t watch ‘ Manoto’ watch it as source of news (fake news) & trust to it for source of their information althought this channel supported Ahvaz terrorist but still is more popular than “Manoto’

1 hour ago, Ejaz said:

How come so many Iranians I meet in the west are opposed to the “mullahs” & so many are westernised?

Theres a reason they are in the west to begin with.

Its like saying: How come I see so many people in a resturant and they are all hungry?