Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Jaffar_is_in_use

Do you prefer the current "Islamic Regime" or shah

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, kirtc said:

and cant recognize Imam Khomein'is greatness and worth to our era of islam is delusional.

Have you read all volumes of his series/books Tahrir al Wasyliah, especially the second volume? Pretty interesting stuff

Seriously there are here so many things here I find ridiculous. 

During shah Era he was in favor of secularization and do his best for regressing Islamic influence in Iran for put a "pan iranism ideology" which basically say that true iran must be like in pré Islamic Era and in fact Islam is supposed to be the reason why Iranians lost influence. He even permitted many anti Islamic books to be published during this Era! Also we must talk about the fact that his government encourages women to forget hijab and chador for wearing western clothes because Islamic dress were considered as "backward" by pahlavis. 

He also permitted many nightclubs and unislamic things like alcool and concert to be opened in public. 

You say that nowadays there is corruption and many poor people but seriously that was already a problem during shah Era, there were even many slums so I don't understand why you are talking about that. 

You say finally that you find hijab law as "stupid"? You find seriously stupid to say that people must wear according to Islamic norms ? 

8 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

You say that nowadays there is corruption and many poor people but seriously that was already a problem during shah Era, there were even many slums so I don't understand why you are talking about that. 

I would like to know comparative study of poverty during Shah and at current time..

what are the measures government had taken to ease the sufferings of poor...

Plz enlighten us all...

2 minutes ago, haidermpr said:

I would like to know comparative study of poverty during Shah and at current time..

what are the measures government had taken to ease the sufferings of poor...

Plz enlighten us all...

I am not an expert but I could say that during shah Era huge people don't have water, electricity, education, roads. In few years after Islamic revolution that was done. 

Shah of Iran & Mike Wallace on the Jewish Lobby - 35 Yrs ago

Iran’s last Shah - the fifth estate

On 4/27/2018 at 7:23 AM, zionismdestroyer said:

Shah of iran was puppet of America nothing else

This is pretty much the sole truth. The only reason he was put into his position of power via a US-British backed coup was because Mossaddegh wanted to Nationalize Iran's oil reserves.

On 4/27/2018 at 3:38 PM, Mohammadi_follower said:

during shah Era huge people don't have water, electricity, education, roads. In few years after Islamic revolution that was done.

Thanks 

though I know superficially these things but I would like to know details.. there is no doubt that Iran had excelled in almost every field after Islamic revolution..

1 hour ago, haidermpr said:

Thanks 

though I know superficially these things but I would like to know details.. there is no doubt that Iran had excelled in almost every field after Islamic revolution..

Salam the most difference is becoming Iran a Shia Islamic power without need to foreign powers that before revolution it's power was based on dependability to America  

10 Incredible ways Iran has Progressed since the Islamic Revolution | BISKIT

I'm no Iranian but just from pictures Iran looks more Islamic then the Shas time. Even if it's "superficial" it's a huge improvement. Hijab is a better platform to build Islam on then mini skirts.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:36 AM, Salsabeel said:

Can we prefer a kafir or munafiq or fasiq over a mo'min? 

I think we can when a kafir or munafiq is better at implementing laws that mirror Islamic principles. Especially when that society provides justice to its people, where as a so called Islamic country fails to. An absolute shame. We have the best religion, but the worst followers.

I've a couple relatives now that have studied in Hawza, Iran and lived there for a few years (one has lived for over a decade), but instead came to the West to settle. Sure, I appreciate it can be down a number of variables, but considering the current affairs in Iran and the youth leaving in droves, then one has to ask what is the Supreme Leader doing to make life better for his nation.

Edited by Jaane Rabb

6 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

I've a couple relatives now that have studied in Hawza, Iran and lived there for a few years (one has lived for over a decade), but instead came to the West to settle. Sure, I appreciate it can be down a number of variables, but considering the current affairs in Iran and the youth leaving in droves, then one has to ask what is the Supreme Leader doing to make life better for his nation.

Salam the Supreme Leader is doing his best for making a better life for his nation but goal of Hawza is spreading true message of Islam around the world so when somebody from a foreigner country finished his enough teaching for spreading of Shia Islam after few years in Iran must back again to his country & spreads true Shia Islam but there is no ban that he can back to Iran for further studies or introducing new ones to Hawza as it predicted near to reappearance of Imam Mahdi (aj) science & knowledge will spread from Hawza of Qom around the world to prepare people for reappearance that whole world is nation of Imam Mahdi (aj) as now that Shia community around the world is nation of Supreme Leader that by nationality Iran has priority but he cares about rest of Muslims specially Shia Muslims around the world.

7 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

I think we can when a kafir or munafiq is better at implementing laws that mirror Islamic principles

:) Ok, please go ahead with it. I am sorry to say for me it is not the case. 

أَفَمَن كَانَ مُؤْمِنًا كَمَن كَانَ فَاسِقًا لَّا يَسْتَوُونَ

أَمْ نَجْعَلُ الْمُتَّقِينَ كَالْفُجَّارِ 

أَجَعَلْتُمْ سِقَايَةَ الْحَاجِّ وَعِمَارَةَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ كَمَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَجَاهَدَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ۚ لَا يَسْتَوُونَ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ

I don't think you're unaware of the definition of "mo'min". If you really are, read sura-e-mo'minoon & sura-e-ma'arij.

Edited by Salsabeel

9 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

I think we can when a kafir or munafiq is better at implementing laws that mirror Islamic principles. Especially when that society provides justice to its people, where as a so called Islamic country fails to. An absolute shame. We have the best religion, but the worst followers.

We already do have munafiqs in positions of power (government, parliament, economy...), and they're doing exactly as is expected of munafiqs; attempting to follow the strategies of enemies of Allah, trying to bypass or dismantle Islam principles any way they can, facilitating and allowing corruption as much as they can, giving out intelligence and security information to the western agencies, removing the means of evading sanctions, removing self sufficiency, manipulating the economy to increase hardship...

These people have come to power through the means of elections and influences associated with them. This falls on the people for their lack of basirat ( ability to see the truth), not on the welayat faqih or the regime. 

Where you see the waly faqih directly involved in, is in the Shia regional influences, neutralizing the 18 years old and 7 trillion dollars western plan (since 2001) of reshaping the region. In the internal affairs, the role of the waly fagih is to direct and guide the society, increase their basirat, manage the munafiq groups that ppl have brought to power, so they expose themselves without doing irreversible damage, and eventually remove them from the scene. This will take time, and damage the society receives from them is dependent on how quickly the masses mature and gain basirat. 

Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. [al-Ra’d 13:11]

7 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

:) Ok, please go ahead with it. I am sorry to say for me it is not the case. 

أَفَمَن كَانَ مُؤْمِنًا كَمَن كَانَ فَاسِقًا لَّا يَسْتَوُونَ

أَمْ نَجْعَلُ الْمُتَّقِينَ كَالْفُجَّارِ 

أَجَعَلْتُمْ سِقَايَةَ الْحَاجِّ وَعِمَارَةَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ كَمَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَجَاهَدَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ۚ لَا يَسْتَوُونَ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ

I don't think you're unaware of the definition of "mo'min". If you really are, read sura-e-mo'minoon & sura-e-ma'arij.

Being a mo'min (believer) is half the achievement. The second half is being righteous (and just if a leader).

A non-Muslim leader who is just, is more superior than a Muslim leader who is unjust. That unjust Muslim leader is only superior to a just non-Muslim leader with regard to his beliefs and not his service to his subjects.

Being a mo'min alone is not enough. Malik al-Ashtar being a mo'min was instructed to be righteous when Imam Ali appointed him as a Governor of Egypt:

"Let the dearest of your treasuries be the treasury of righteous action... Infuse your heart with mercy, love and kindness for your subjects. Be not in the face of them a voracious animal, counting them as easy prey, for they are of two kinds: either they are your brothers in religion or your equals in creation."

8 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam the Supreme Leader is doing his best for making a better life for his nation but goal of Hawza is spreading true message of Islam around the world so when somebody from a foreigner country finished his enough teaching for spreading of Shia Islam after few years in Iran must back again to his country & spreads true Shia Islam but there is no ban that he can back to Iran for further studies or introducing new ones to Hawza as it predicted near to reappearance of Imam Mahdi (aj) science & knowledge will spread from Hawza of Qom around the world to prepare people for reappearance that whole world is nation of Imam Mahdi (aj) as now that Shia community around the world is nation of Supreme Leader that by nationality Iran has priority but he cares about rest of Muslims specially Shia Muslims around the world.

WS brother. How was your Ziyaraat trip? Yes I understand that a Hawza student is encouraged to return to his homeland or another place and to spread the teachings. However, one of the relatives I mention, wanted to settle in Iran but found it too hard to make a living. As for Khamenai's leadership, please feel free to comment about the points made below.

5 hours ago, Shiawarrior313 said:

In the internal affairs, the role of the waly fagih is to direct and guide the society, increase their basirat, manage the munafiq groups that ppl have brought to power, so they expose themselves without doing irreversible damage, and eventually remove them from the scene.

I think the Iranian leadership has its fair share of criticisms, such as a lack of transparency, nepotism and an iron fist stance to any critique of its rule. All this does indeed make it sound like a dictatorship.

Take this for example: "In 2008, the Iranian Parliament voted to prohibit itself from monitoring organizations that the supreme leader controls, except with his permission". It sounds dubious.

Then you have the mistreatment of minorities such as Afghan Hazaras and Baha'is. The latter is just one group that claims systematic seizure of their housing properties by Setad; One of the organisations allegedly controlled by Khamenai.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/Iran/#article/part1

One of the "munafiq" groups also happens to include people that wear the imamah.

Edited by Jaane Rabb

When I visited Iran recently I was contacted by quite a few Iranians in the street who said that they wanted the Shah back because, then they could have burlesque theaters and drink alcohol in public. What!! Maybe they thought they would get sympathy because they saw I was a foreigner. Or maybe they thought that foreigners wanted to hear that sort of things. Some of them was not even old enough to have experienced the Shah. I was actually appalled. Burlesque theaters and drink alcohol in public! Yes I know that Iranians drink Alcohol in private homes. I was even offered a home brewed beer by someone, that they proudly showed me. Which I of cause declined and told them that I don't drink alcohol. "What! you don't drink alcohol? not even a little bit?" They couldn't comprehend that not all people in the west drink alcohol.

When thinking about what the Shah was, a dictatorial puppet of the United States, and that people would accept that just so they could get drunk in the streets and do lewd stuff that's beyond me. It just comes across to me as pure stupid, but maybe it is a case of the grass is greener on the other side. Or maybe it is because when something is forbidden it becomes exiting or interesting.

And about the hijab law, I was also surprised how many Iranians hate it. Sure I personally think that ideally it should be a matter of choice, but seen in comparison to Europe where, if it is not directly forbidden, there is a social stigma that keeps many from wearing it, I think it I OK that there is a place in the world where you actually have to wear it. Personally I felt that wearing the hijab in Iran was a sense of freedom. That in spite that many of the Iranians I spoke to thought that my Hijab style was "to religious" because I didn't show any hair.  But to be fair I also did get compliment on my "religious hijab style."  One woman came to me on the metro and told me that she was glad that I as a westerner would wear hijab the proper way.

I am sure that the Islamic government has made mistakes. The fact that so many Iranians react against it suggest that something possibly should have been done in a different way. However I think that the Islamic revolution in 79 was such an important event that you can not dismiss it. The fact that the Islamic Republic has resisted American imperialism for 40 years is an achievement in it self. Their support for Palestine and their stand against Takfirism in the broader Middle East places Iran on the right side of history. But of cause standing up for justice come at a price. Imam Hussein made the ultimate sacrifice for justice. And what is a few beers in the street against that.

5 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

I think the Iranian leadership has its fair share of criticisms, such as a lack of transparency, nepotism and an iron fist stance to any critique of its rule. All this does indeed make it sound like a dictatorship.

It is not my impression that there is an "iron fist stance to any critique" against the system in Iran. When I was there people quite openly expressed criticism without fear of reprisals. Even at times when I was wearing a chador and came across as a "regime stooge."  It is not my impression that Iran is a dictatorship. I was surprised how much of the western media propaganda about Iran that is untrue.

10 hours ago, Jaane Rabb said:

Then you have the mistreatment of minorities such as Afghan Hazaras and Baha'is. The latter is just one group that claims systematic seizure of their housing properties by Setad; One of the organisations allegedly controlled by Khamenai.

Salam we must separate regime & government, the goal of Iran regime   still preservers revolution values & respects minorities like as Hazaras but about Baha’is they are infidels inside an Islamic country that have strong ties with Israel if they were in other Islamic countries they would keep in ghettos or were killing by their law about killing infidels so they receive service in Iran  more than that they deserve 

as I said government is separate matter from regime that government made mistakes during these years & because students of Hawza take part in government so people mix both toghether & say to foreigeners that “Iran destroyed by Mullahs” & “we want democracy or sha without mullahs” that drinking alcohol & refusing from hijab more about protest & symptoms against shortcomings of governments of Iran under influence of anti regime groups & some groups inside government not regime that just think about gaining popularity & be in power in any cost even it contradicts with regime & revolution values that tpeople want a powerful government that provides good financial support for people that people under influence of fake nostalgia that spreads by anti regime channels that how much Iran was prosperous & powerful during Shah era but young generations don’t know that this  nostalgia just belong to a group of elite of that time not all people that even my parents have nostalgia of that time although they were from mid worker & law class of that time but still have good memories from that time but what they really want is normal life without worries of financial & job crisis for usas their child’s as a middle class family in Iran 

4 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

Which I of cause declined and told them that I don't drink alcohol. "What! you don't drink alcohol? not even a little bit?" They couldn't comprehend that not all people in the west drink alcohol.

That this quote is very popular that ‘ people of Iran  are protecting revolution against groups in government that try to forget or destroy revolution for 40 years” 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe