Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hawza

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salaam,

So after a few months of wanting to go to hawza and having my mum say no, I finally found out that the main reason is because shes just going to miss me. All of my other siblings seem to be moving out of the house around the same time, so my mum is scared shes going to be lonely which I understand. But at the same time, I really want to go. Does anyone have any advice on how to still convince her, or maybe is the right thing to do is just wait? I'm beyond confused right now 

• Veteran Member

:salam:

Why do you really want to go? What do you expect to gain from there exactly? I am asking because you sound like a relatively young sister and as I've been in Qom for a decent amount of time, maybe I can at least help you with that part (in making sure you know what you are really getting yourself into).

In any case, I do understand your mother's worry and as well as her loneliness. I guess one way you can convince her is by really giving her a solid plan of why you want to go, what you expect to gain out of it and by when will you be back. A normal degree from Qom will take you around 5-6 years to complete (including the first year of doing Farsi) - that is a pretty long time for a girl to be away from her house (especially if single) in a foreign country - even if you will visit in the summers most probably.

Or maybe tell her to let you off for a year so you yourself can check it out yourself first - you may find that Hawzah is not for you (like some single sisters who came to Qom from the West, saw the reality and situation on the ground and decided it was not for them).

Wasalam

• Advanced Member
On 4/25/2018 at 11:04 PM, Sukaina Rizvi said:

Salaam,

So after a few months of wanting to go to hawza and having my mum say no, I finally found out that the main reason is because shes just going to miss me. All of my other siblings seem to be moving out of the house around the same time, so my mum is scared shes going to be lonely which I understand. But at the same time, I really want to go. Does anyone have any advice on how to still convince her, or maybe is the right thing to do is just wait? I'm beyond confused right now 

Also If you are from Pakistan then better you go to Madarsatul Qaim. You and your mother both will be happy this way.

If you're from India, Lucknow has some good Hawzas for girls. One of them is Madrasa Jamia al Zahra.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 4/29/2018 at 2:54 AM, Sukaina Rizvi said:

I actually live in America 

http://ijtihadnet.com/shia-institutions-north-america-american-hawza/

http://www.prehawza.com/about-us/