Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
RevolutionaryVisionary

Shortest possible way to do salat?

Rate this topic

Salam,

What is the shortest possible way to read salat, in case you have a lot (and I mean a lot) of Qadha to make up, or you have very limited time before the salat gets Qadha for any reason? I was thinking:

Takbir

Surah Fatiha+Short Surah

Just 1 Subhanallah in Ruku (?)

Qiyam Mutassil

Just 1 Subhanallah in Sajdah (?)

Skip Juloos

Skip Qunoot entirely in 2nd rakat 

Tashahud

Just 1 Tasbihat e Arba (?) in 3rd and 4th rakats

Tashahud 

Only last part of Salam

Is this correct? 

Just now, ShiaMan14 said:

I would urge you to not do it as a something g you can simply check-off on a to-do list. 

Slow down for a more meaningful salah

I feel like the Qadha salat I have are a debt to Allah and I believe that any kind of debt should be repaid in full as soon as possible, in the Islamic sense and in the financial sense. Is this a wrong mentality to have? 

I do not want to have them hanging over me for a long time. Not only does it give me stress, I never know when I may die. 

Under normal circumstances I would read my Qadha salat in the way I do regular salat (i.e. slowly and carefully) but the amount of Qadha is so much that it would be a great burden to me, and from my understanding, Allah wouldn't want me to think of salat as a burden, even though I am at fault for making these salat Qadha. 

1 hour ago, alimr313 said:

I feel like the Qadha salat I have are a debt to Allah and I believe that any kind of debt should be repaid in full as soon as possible, in the Islamic sense and in the financial sense. Is this a wrong mentality to have? 

I do not want to have them hanging over me for a long time. Not only does it give me stress, I never know when I may die. 

Under normal circumstances I would read my Qadha salat in the way I do regular salat (i.e. slowly and carefully) but the amount of Qadha is so much that it would be a great burden to me, and from my understanding, Allah wouldn't want me to think of salat as a burden, even though I am at fault for making these salat Qadha. 

There are 11 things wajib in the prayers:
1. Niyyah: Intention to pray for being near to God.
2. Takbirat-ul-Ihram (Allahu Akbar after niyyah).
3. Qiyam: To stand.
4. Ruku’.
5. Two Sajdahs.
6. Qira'at: to recite Surah al-Hamd and another Surah in first two rak’ats and Tasbihat al-Arba’ah.
(Subhanallahi wal-hamdu lillahi wa la ilaha illal-lahu wallahu Akbar) or Surah al-Hamd in
the 3rd and 4th rak’ats.
7. Dhikr: to recite tasbih in ruku’ and sajdah, as will be explained later.
8. Tashahhud.
9. Salaam.
10. Tartib: To pray in the sequence prescribed by the shari’ah.
11. Muwalaat: To pray without interruption or gap.

https://www.al-islam.org/elements-islamic-studies-allamah-saeed-akhtar-rizvi/lesson-31-wajibat-obligatory-acts-prayer

9 hours ago, alimr313 said:

I get where you are coming from brother but a meaningful sajdah is much better than 10 insincere ones.

Inshallah Allah will give you time to catch up.

Edited by ShiaMan14

Obligatory acts relating to Namaz » Introduction

There are eleven obligatory acts for prayers:
Niyyat (intention) Qiyam (standing erect) Takbiratul Ehram (saying Allahu Akbar while commencing the prayers) Ruku' (bowing) Sajdatayn (two prostration) Qira'at (recitation of Surah al-Hamd and other surah) Zikr (prescribed recitation in Ruku' and Sajdah) Tashahhud (bearing witness after completing the Sajdah of the second and the last Rak'at) Salaam (Salutation) Tartib (sequence) Muwalat (to perform the different acts of prayers in regular succession).

951. Some of the obligatory acts of prayers are elemental (Rukn). Hence, a person who does not offer them, whether intentionally or by mistake, his prayers become void. Some other obligatory acts of prayers are not elemental. Therefore, if they are omitted by mistake, the prayers does not become void.
The elementals of Namaz are five: Intention (Niyyat) Takbiratul Ehram Standing before the Ruku' Ruku' Two Sajdah in every Rak'at.
Any addition made to these elemental (Rukni) acts, intentionally, will render the prayers void. If the addition is done by mistake, the prayers does not become void except when a Ruku' is added, or more than two Sajdah are offered in one Rak'at.

12 hours ago, alimr313 said:

Salam,

What is the shortest possible way to read salat, in case you have a lot (and I mean a lot) of Qadha to make up, or you have very limited time before the salat gets Qadha for any reason? I was thinking:

Takbir

Surah Fatiha+Short Surah

Just 1 Subhanallah in Ruku (?)

Qiyam Mutassil

Just 1 Subhanallah in Sajdah (?)

Skip Juloos

Skip Qunoot entirely in 2nd rakat 

Tashahud

Just 1 Tasbihat e Arba (?) in 3rd and 4th rakats

Tashahud 

Only last part of Salam

Is this correct? 

I suggest you to maintain the quality of your obligatory prayers. Dont think too much about quantity. Make sure that your prayers & then your every breath should be passed in "Khashiyatillah".

الَّذِينَ هُمْ فِي صَلَاتِهِمْ خَاشِعُونَ
"Who are humble in their prayers" (23:2)

This "Khashiyat" should be reflected in every matter of your life. 

Now about your missed prayers, is advise you to start 'Tahajjud" and "Sunnati prayers", these prayers will become the replacement of obligatory prayers on the day of judgement (In-sha-Allah). You should also keep your eyes open for the blessed nights & months, in which offering prayers are highly recommended, specially in the months "Rajab", "Sha'baan" & "Ramadhan". Try to remain wakeup & perform salah at "Lailatul Qadr" which is "better than thousand months". The last Friday of Ramadhan is very important for those who want to makeup their qadha prayers. 

So don't despair with the mercy of Allah (s.w.t), He is Al-Aleem o Al-Khabeer, He knows what is in your heart. Given below are few dua's (which are basically the verses of Quran), I recommend you to recite any of them in the Qunoot everyday:

رَبَّنَا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَكَفِّرْ عَنَّا سَيِّئَاتِنَا وَتَوَفَّنَا مَعَ الأبْرَارِ
ربَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَإِسْرَافَنَا فِي أَمْرِنَا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ

Offer your qadha prayers (which according to you, are uncountable) with ease. By not compromising on the quality of your daily prayers. 

Edited by Salsabeel