Guest Name doesn't matter

Longing to be with the imam, but....

Rate this question

Question

Guest Name doesn't matter

Asalamu Alaykum

I have a burning passion to be with the imam of my time, imam al Mahdi may Allah hasten his reappearance.. But I am not too smart with subjects we learn in school, like calculus, algebra, etc.I really want to know, will this affect my chances of being with my imam, as his 313? If I have near perfect iman and akhlaq but lack knowledge  in matters like equations and quadratics, will this really be a reason Allah will consider in me not being with the imam? I just really find these subjects unnecessary and I believe being humble, pious, generous, giving, etc. are much more important.

7 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Guest Name doesn't matter said:

I have a burning passion to be with the imam of my time, imam al Mahdi may Allah hasten his reappearance.. But I am not too smart with subjects we learn in school, like calculus, algebra, etc.I really want to know, will this affect my chances of being with my imam, as his 313?

Salam. There are many people who do not take calculus, chemistry, physics, trigonometry, etc. It seems like your family might be pushing you to take courses that you don't want. Do they want to plan what career you will have? 

Guest Ali

Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem. Please read the following, it is long, but i ask of you to read it, i want to help you, sincerely

Brother/sister, Salamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh. First of all, Alamat al mu'min (signs of the believer):

Imam Hassan al-Askari [as] has said: The signs of a believer s five: 1.praying 51 rak'at a day, (this meaning all the five obligatory ones and the nawafil, meaning the mustahab ones, you can get more information on these by just googling for example "nawafil prayers shia". They are basically just some  mustahab rak'at before or after the obligatory prayers for example dhur or asr). 2. ziyarat arba'een. 3. Wearing aqeeq (on ones right hand). 4. Saying the basmala (jahran) meaning out loud, whether it be in your salat before every sura, or just normally before doing anything. 5. They (the believers) have the mark of prostration on their foreheads, because of their abundant prostration to Allah swt. 

But also, the Imams [as] stressed upon the gaining of knowledge. Nowadays people go through elementary school, middle school, high school etc. It is extremely important for a muslim to strive to be "on the top of the class" as they say, because, firstly this makes you more knowledgeable, smarter etc. and secondly it may effect how people view Islam in general. For example: people would notice that a muslim is very smart, they will associate this to the religion of Islam in general. Which is wajib upon every muslim to make sure that people will not associate bad things to Islam because of your acts as a muslim, but only good things. The Prophet [saas] and Ahlulbayt [as] stressed numerous times upon the fact that  muslims need to have a positive effect on the mushtama' (society) through their akhlaaq and knowledge (being smart). 

But also, it is important to know your religion and your history, meaning you have to strive to know what happened to our Imams [as] and what happened in general throughout the history of Islam. And obviously, you have to know the Imam of your time. 

Also the importance of studying islamic fiqh and rules, so that you may know and act accordingly during your life. The importance of knowing the Quran and tafseer also. The importance in general to make your deen the number 1 priority in life. That way you secure the best life in the aakhira insha Allah. 

But your question was about calculus or algebra etc. and that would this effect your "being" with your Imam [ajf]. The most important thing you have to make sure is this: you are striving to learn algebra for example. Striving meaning you have the niyya, to learn and study. This way, even if you don't succeed in algebra. it will be acceptable, since you had the intention to learn. 

Being with the Imam [ajf] in it of it self is not dependable on being good at algebra or calculus. Rather it is the good acts, etc. Especially the five things that were mentioned above.

But it is still important to study in college, etc. and get a good profession.

Now if you come to a conclusion that mathematics or chemistry etc. is not your "thing" as they say, remember that that is not the only thing you could learn. Now if you for example were interested in Islamic teachings, you could go ahead and go to the hawza. Or study Islamic sciences in the western universities (they have this option in some universities). 

You do not have to be a mathematician to be with the Imam [ajf], you could have any profession you would like, in condition that this profession is not unislamic. More information about professions in Islam, you can check what your marja' says. 

On 4/20/2018 at 4:19 PM, Guest Name doesn't matter said:

will this really be a reason Allah will consider in me not being with the imam? I just really find these subjects unnecessary and I believe being humble, pious, generous, giving, etc. are much more important.

But in the end, we are not in a place to say, how Allah will choose the 313. As the 313 will be the most elite of the elite. The most important thing is to stay away from haram and strive for good acts and mustahabs etc. As you stated.

Remember this, even if Allah swt wouldn't make you among the 313, know that if you lived your life accordingly (within the boundaries of Islam) you will be among the righteous Insha Allah t'aala. And also, there is a hadith if i am not mistaken, from Imam Al-Sadiq [as], saying something in the context of "Whoever lives their life accordingly in the time of the Ghayba (of the twelth Imam [ajf]) and waited for his [ajf] reappearance but died before it. Allah [swt] will raise them (the person) in the ranks of the martyrs of the Prophet [saas] in Judgement Day. (also there is the possibility of raj'a, Allah will give the believers the chance to come back to life when the Imam [ajf] returns and be among his ansaar. (Ofcourse not the 313, but among the soldiers for ex. which is still the best one could get.)

Is there any maqam better than this? ^. 

Also remember... The importance of bara'a from the enemies of Ahlulbayt [as] and the defending of Islam, and tawheed in general, especially in the modern society of growing atheism. Imam Hassan Al-Askari [as] has stated: "Our Shi'a are the ones who do not fear death, whether it fell upon them or they fell upon it (death)".

Your striving to be among the 313 is great, but think of it this way: What kinds of men (and women) will the Imam [ajf] need? Not cowards obviously, since the 313 will be the Generals and Heads of the State, it is important for you to make the defending and spreading of Islam your number 1 goal in life. 

I advice you to tawakkal ala Allah [swt] (depend on Allah) and study the best you can, and have courage.

I sincerely wish the best for you my brother/sister in faith.

Wa al-salamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh. 

On 4/24/2018 at 10:06 AM, Guest Ali said:

Remember this, even if Allah swt wouldn't make you among the 313, know that if you lived your life accordingly (within the boundaries of Islam) you will be among the righteous Insha Allah t'aala. And also, there is a hadith if i am not mistaken, from Imam Al-Sadiq [as], saying something in the context of "Whoever lives their life accordingly in the time of the Ghayba (of the twelth Imam [ajf]) and waited for his [ajf] reappearance but died before it. Allah [swt] will raise them (the person) in the ranks of the martyrs of the Prophet [saas] in Judgement Day. (also there is the possibility of raj'a, Allah will give the believers the chance to come back to life when the Imam [ajf] returns and be among his ansaar. (Ofcourse not the 313, but among the soldiers for ex. which is still the best one could get.)

Salam. I'm not going to quote all of your post because it was very long, but I hope that everyone reads it. Thank you. 

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, Guest Name doesn't matter said:

Asalamu Alaykum

I have a burning passion to be with the imam of my time, imam al Mahdi may Allah hasten his reappearance.. But I am not too smart with subjects we learn in school, like calculus, algebra, etc.I really want to know, will this affect my chances of being with my imam, as his 313? If I have near perfect iman and akhlaq but lack knowledge  in matters like equations and quadratics, will this really be a reason Allah will consider in me not being with the imam? I just really find these subjects unnecessary and I believe being humble, pious, generous, giving, etc. are much more important.

Allah-s.w.t. not good enough for you, ehhh?  :hahaha:"You Lose"

Without cross-checking with the Arabic:

3:173

4:70, 79, 81

8:62-64

9:59

17:17

25:31

29:52

33:3,39

39:36, 38

41:53

47:38

To Wit: What if Qaim told you to 'go away' ?

Edited by hasanhh
spellin'

Guest original poster

Please, my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters, I made this thread to request help.

I honestly found this post to be so heart warming and cute. As long as you have faith, good deeds, try your best in school, and have intention to take on a path where you can utilize  what your good at in your future career to make a halal profit then  you should be good. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.