Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Enlightened Follower

Men in the West are becoming Feminized

Reza

Members:

The focus of this topic is men becoming effeminate. This is not a discussion of feminism or women's rights, or even of women becoming masculine. Please stay on topic.

Staff reserve the right to remove off-topic posts. 

Message added by Reza

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

How does the assertion that men are "becoming more feminine" become a battle of the sexes?

Why not just talk about the alleged feminization of men?  

Can we start by defining what is "feminine"? Maybe also as a counter, let's talk about what is "masculine"?  I actually don't know.  I think typically it's a feminine trait to have greater empathy, but that's a positive trait. Men gaining it would not be a loss, but I see no evidence that anyone's empathy is increasing.  If anything, our society is losing capacity for empathy. Broader shoulders and greater physical strength is a masculine trait, right?  Is that being lost?  What else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Amira00 said:

I do agree that some radical feminists are going too far and have distorted the actuall meaning of feminism. Feminism means the equality between men and women. We know they are not the same physically, but feminism demands that men and women are treated equally, I.e they both have a right to education, to work, to earn the same etc. But some radical feminists have taken it too far and have ironically become sexist themselves against men. 

Linking back to the physical differences between men and women, it's only natural that men take the labor intensive jobs because they are better equipped for them physically. That doesn't mean that only men take the labour intensive jobs, it just that only a minority of women consider themselves fit enough to do them.  I don't understand where the unfairness is here. 

Also, being emotional is not a feeling restricted only to women. Men cry too, they get upset and angry too. Men go through the same emotions, but society has taught them to silence those emotions because it's "unmanly". Encouraging men to express their emotions can only be seen as right. I don't understand what you mean by "that advice doesn't work".

3

Assalamun Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Mashallah a very interesting discussion.  According to radical feminists especially in the West, "Men is the enemy". I am pretty sure some men are responsible for gender inequality etc. However, I think the real enemies are legal injustice and unfair stigmas. There is a need to eliminate the real enemies in order to achieve gender equality etc....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Reza said:

That’s the natural progression these discussions seem to take.

It's counterproductive. That's why I pointed it out and suggested a redirection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reza said:

You can’t alter the natural course...

Yes you can. 

Ever heard of a scientist by the name of Mendel? By selecting which characteristic you want to encourage, you can increase the incidence of that characteristic. 

Assuming dialogue works like genetics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Men can be feminine, transgender, gay, I don't care as long as they are not abusive. I would love to live in a world where I don't have to live in fear for my safety and my sister's safety. Even if it means all men in that world are gay or married to few promiscuous women whom they LOVE. All promiscuous women deserve to be comfort brides for ALL the men they have affairs with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

Men can be feminine, transgender, gay, I don't care as long as they are not abusive. I would love to live in a world where I don't have to live in fear for my safety and my sister's safety. Even if it means all men in that world are gay or married to few promiscuous women whom they LOVE. All promiscuous women deserve to be comfort brides for ALL the men they have affairs with. 

If men become transgender and gay they won’t be able to defend their country or women, also suprisingly women decide the sexual market. Shaming of other women has found to be more common among women as well as preferring men who are “experienced” or have been with many women.

Higher Testosterone is also linked to higher IQ and lower rates of depression:

https://psychcentral.com/news/2011/03/14/testosterone-hormone-linked-to-higher-iq/24379.html

 

Edited by Enlightened Follower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2018 at 5:33 PM, Amira00 said:

I do agree that some radical feminists are going too far and have distorted the actuall meaning of feminism. Feminism means the equality between men and women. We know they are not the same physically, but feminism demands that men and women are treated equally, I.e they both have a right to education, to work, to earn the same etc. But some radical feminists have taken it too far and have ironically become sexist themselves against men. 

Linking back to the physical differences between men and women, it's only natural that men take the labor intensive jobs because they are better equipped for them physically. That doesn't mean that only men take the labour intensive jobs, it just that only a minority of women consider themselves fit enough to do them.  I don't understand where the unfairness is here. 

Also, being emotional is not a feeling restricted only to women. Men cry too, they get upset and angry too. Men go through the same emotions, but society has taught them to silence those emotions because it's "unmanly". Encouraging men to express their emotions can only be seen as right. I don't understand what you mean by "that advice doesn't work".

Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

A very interesting read....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-buffett-women-make-optimistic-country-120930431.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Enlightened Follower said:

Okay... so what is it you suggest? 

Should we raise all girls with the idea that women can only be housewives and work to serve their husbands so they never know about the inequality and sexism they're living in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Amira00 said:

Okay... so what is it you suggest? 

Should we raise all girls with the idea that women can only be housewives and work to serve their husbands so they never know about the inequality and sexism they're living in? 

No but to treat men with respect and raise women with realistic expectations rather than raising women who don’t value life and bash men. A girl in America committed suicide because her parents would not allow her to go to a party, this is insanity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Amira00 said:

Okay... so ...

Should we raise all girls with the idea that women can only be housewives and work to serve their husbands so they never know about the inequality and sexism they're living in? 

Of course not. Every wife and mother needs a job outside the home. lt is not only goof or their emotional health, but they can earn some of the money they are always spending.

:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...