Mansur Bakhtiari

New Subreddit Dedicated to Refuting Sunni lies

Rate this topic

Salam alaykum

This is a new subreddit started by me, @Arkon and @John_313 to refute lies by Nasibi websites against Shiism. Feel free to post resources, we're going to start refuting the "70 Questions for the Shia" Insha'Allah tomorrow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShiaAnswers/ 

Brother, honestly very few people are suited to apologetics, and this should be left to the scholars and those who have studied extensively. This could do more harm than good.

Just from a quick look:

- the first post doesn't even address the argument the title would suggest it's refuting, rather it brings up an incident relevant to the overall discussion regarding Abu Bakr and Umar, but has nothing to do with the argument it refers to. Shoddy methods of argumentation like this will get picked apart and used as an example by those who wish to suggest the Shia have no leg to stand on. It's not a good look for us at all.

- the second post is by a user called xxx_Sunni_Slayer_313 (seriously? come on, how old is this person?)

6 hours ago, IbnMariam said:

Brother, honestly very few people are suited to apologetics, and this should be left to the scholars and those who have studied extensively. This could do more harm than good.

Just from a quick look:

- the first post doesn't even address the argument the title would suggest it's refuting, rather it brings up an incident relevant to the overall discussion regarding Abu Bakr and Umar, but has nothing to do with the argument it refers to. Shoddy methods of argumentation like this will get picked apart and used as an example by those who wish to suggest the Shia have no leg to stand on. It's not a good look for us at all.

- the second post is by a user called xxx_Sunni_Slayer_313 (seriously? come on, how old is this person?)

i dont agree that scholars should be the only ones refuting. To be honest a person who is familiar with the current arguments from the sunnis and who knows how to reply would be more knowledgable than the average scholar in polemics. 

10 hours ago, IbnMariam said:

What's wrong with the argument? I didn't write it but here's the quote

The Sunnis will often quote Qur'an 9:40 to prove the righteousness Of Abu Bakr, Since, The Most Noble Book is bearing witness for him! Perfect argument, Right?

Well, Not Exactly.

The Qur'an doesn't only bear witness to the good things people do, But also to their wrong-doings.

Narrated Ibn Abi Mulaika:

Once the two righteous men, i.e., Abu Bakr and Umar were on the verge of destruction (and that was because): When the delegate of Bani Tamim came to the Prophet, one of them (either Abu Bakr or `Umar) recommended Al-Aqra' bin H Abis at-Tamimi Al-Hanzali, the brother of Bani Majashi (to be appointed as their chief), while the other recommended somebody else. Abu Bakr said to Umar, "You intended only to oppose me." Umar said, "I did not intend to oppose you!" Then their voices grew louder in front of the Prophet whereupon there was revealed: 'O you who believe! Do not raise your voices above the voice of the Prophet..a great reward.' (49.2-3) Ibn Az-Zubair said, 'Thence forward when Umar talked to the Prophet, he would talk like one who whispered a secret and would even fail to make the Prophet hear him, in which case the Prophet would ask him (to repeat his words).

Sahih Al-Bukhari 7302

Now i ask you [A Sunni], Would you hold the same high standard you use to prove Abu Bakr's Righteousness to us this to prove the opposite? Of course not! Because you revere him and have absurd concepts like the righteousness of All the Sahaba. This is a Double Standard.

Sunni's declare the righteousness of Abu Bakr just because he's mentioned in the Quran in a neutral context in 9:40, but he and Umar are mentioned in a bad context in the Quran so would Sunni's treat this verse the same way they would the other.

And the place is in the making so insha'Allah we'll have more arguments later.

The point of the post is that Sunnis commit a Double Standard. They do not uphold their atrocious reasoning when challenged by other evidences which do not help their case.