Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sumerian

Iran-Contra affair

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Sumerian said:

The book is written by Trita Parsi, someone who is accused by pro-Israeli and pro-Saudi politicians in the US of being an Iranian lobbyist, he is also someone who enjoys a form of closeness with current FM Javad Zarif.

Salam Trita Parsi had some connections with Iranian nuclear  negotiators group but after a short while he banned from entering to Iran & Mr Zarif & rest of politians cited their ties with him.

47 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

This is probably true however we must never forget that at this time Iran didnt have other choices and if i remember well that was in exchange of some hostages or something like that.

Before nuclear deal Iran just had some negotiation about hostage crisis  which happend after revolution.

9 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

@repenter excuse me but I just would like to say that some pro Islamic Republic who are not at all secular also voted for rohani during the last elections. 

Im talking in general. And those you speak of are the neutrals, they swing both ways...sort of say.

Also..i was speaking about those in political power...not the people.

On 4/11/2018 at 12:55 PM, repenter said:

Rohanis, Zarifs

Between these two groups Imam Khamenei praised Zarifs but alway he warns to Rohanis

9 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Between these two groups Imam Khamenei praised Zarifs but alway he warns to Rohanis

He praised him for a couple of things he did right, but he usually doesn't and is quite the opposite. 

16 minutes ago, repenter said:

He praised him for a couple of things he did right, but he usually doesn't and is quite the opposite. 

The main reason that Rohani re-elected as president was presence of Mr Zarif Althought currently in Iranian media you can see Gen Soleimani advertises by an unknown group if he will elect it will be next president after Rezakhan (Pahlavi) that becomes president that  his time of presidency was a prosperous time for Iran. I hope that Zarif & current minister of health will be in his team.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

12 minutes ago, repenter said:

Im talking in general. And those you speak of are the neutrals, they swing both ways...sort of say.

Also..i was speaking about those in political power...not the people.

Well yes and no because it is true that most people who voted for rohani are neutral but I also know many people who support the government who voted for him because they didn't like ahmadinejad and thought raisi was similar. 

49 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Well yes and no because it is true that most people who voted for rohani are neutral but I also know many people who support the government who voted for him because they didn't like ahmadinejad and thought raisi was similar. 

What are you talking about? I'm talking about the 3 political groups in power in Iran. Not the people. What you are saying is totally irrelevant to what i'm saying. Who people vote for and why has nothing to do with my point. 

9 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

The main reason that Rohani re-elected as president was presence of Mr Zarif Althought currently in Iranian media you can see Gen Soleimani advertises by an unknown group if he will elect it will be next president after Rezakhan (Pahlavi) that becomes president that  his time of presidency was a prosperous time for Iran. I hope that Zarif & current minister of health will be in his team.

Ok, not sure what this has to do with what i said, but what you hope for will never happen. Hajj Qassim will chop his own legs off before having Zarif on his team. But that is another discussion. 

9 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Do you agree with reports that state Israel and Iran were engaging in an active secret arms trade which was not part of the Iran-Contra affair, but simply business as usual?  

I agree that some groups in the cluster mess of a war might have done such a thing. You can guess which individuals might have been involved. Dr.Hassan Abbasi often mentions names while others don't dare. 

I don't trust mushrik sources when it comes to anything related to Muslim issues, but if such a thing ever happend it was betrayal and nothing less.

According to western sources it was very puny as well...a couple of TOWs here and bullets there...why would one tarnish oneself for such a puny purchase.

1 hour ago, repenter said:

According to western sources it was very puny as well...a couple of TOWs here and bullets there...why would one tarnish oneself for such a puny purchase.

Some Western sources for sure say its puny, others say there was expensive purchases and others say the reason why Iran had an airforce that could function was partly because of Israel.

You can see here the different reports:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel's_role_in_the_Iran–Iraq_war

1 hour ago, repenter said:

I agree that some groups in the cluster mess of a war might have done such a thing. You can guess which individuals might have been involved. Dr.Hassan Abbasi often mentions names while others don't dare. 

This interests me. Even if it is in Farsi, I would like to see Dr. Abbasi's viewpoint. From what the Western sources indicate, former Shah officials in the intelligence agency were the ones really facilitating this because of their former connections to Israel. But I would be surprised if actual revolutionaries were involved in these dealings - not just "moderates" or "Shahis".

10 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Some Western sources for sure say its puny, others say there was expensive purchases and others say the reason why Iran had an airforce that could function was partly because of Israel.

You can see here the different reports:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel's_role_in_the_Iran–Iraq_war

This interests me. Even if it is in Farsi, I would like to see Dr. Abbasi's viewpoint. From what the Western sources indicate, former Shah officials in the intelligence agency were the ones really facilitating this because of their former connections to Israel. But I would be surprised if actual revolutionaries were involved in these dealings - not just "moderates" or "Shahis".

They were as "revolutionaries" as the first, second and third. They still exist.

The purchases are well documented from iranian side at least and its not significant. 

In regards to Iranian airforce, it's false. The most significant plane Iran had was F-14 and the only two countries that had this plane was Iran and US. The old phantoms had enough stockpile for 20 years, problem was the maintenance.