Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
andres

[TRASH PIT]Fake news about Iran!

Rate this topic

Heard on Swedish radio yesterday morning:

An Iranian oppositional, Sadegh Zibakalm in interview with a German journalist claimed that the IRI would not get more than 30 percent of the people’s vote if Iranians were allowed to choose their form of government today. For this he was convicted of “propaganda against the state” and “spreading falsehoods to weaken the state.”

Fake News? If not, do you guys think it is criminal to share such personal beliefs with a foreign journalist? 

Not many here understand Swedish, but I found this link below in english, which could be the Swedish Radios source.

https://www.iranhumanrights.org/2018/03/sentenced-to-prison-for-his-political-views-sadegh-zibakalam-decries-censorship-in-iran/

In reference to the OP, the reason this kind of hogwash is broadcasted is so the perpetrators can indulge in justifying their "liberation fantasies" and the "right side of history" and "democracy comes out the barrel of a gun", and "democracy falls from heaven like a bomb" or "comes in like a missile".

So other than how they will be seen in the media and in history books few people will read, nobody else really cares ---except their victims.

54 minutes ago, andres said:

Not many here understand Swedish, but I found this link below in english, which could be the Swedish Radios source.

https://www.iranhumanrights.org/2018/03/sentenced-to-prison-for-his-political-views-sadegh-zibakalam-decries-censorship-in-iran/

Hi Anti regime groups hide themselves behind beautiful names as human rights ,etc to spread fake news.

On 4/10/2018 at 6:04 AM, andres said:

So you are all claiming this Iranian man never said this, and is not going to jail? 

Does he at all exist?

I don’t say that he never said this ,but he is from a minority leftwing intellectuals  in Iran & don’t represent Majority, latest condition of him is that he is still teaching in University.the court just gave him an alert but DW reported it as detaining.

yes he is real but he is only opposite person that I know he is like a celebrity in Iran.:woot:

His last tweet is for 3 of April & he is still free.

‏صادق زيباكلام (‎@sadeghZibakalam) را بررسی کنید: https://twitter.com/sadeghZibakalam?s=09

On 4/10/2018 at 4:41 AM, andres said:

Heard on Swedish radio yesterday morning:

An Iranian oppositional, Sadegh Zibakalm in interview with a German journalist claimed that the IRI would not get more than 30 percent of the people’s vote if Iranians were allowed to choose their form of government today. For this he was convicted of “propaganda against the state” and “spreading falsehoods to weaken the state.”

Fake News? If not, do you guys think it is criminal to share such personal beliefs with a foreign journalist? 

Again, its the law of the Free Country Issue, Something you can't comprehend.

"Under Article 500 of Iran's criminal code, such propaganda-related offenses carry a sentence of between three and 12 months. The Revolutionary Court delivered a much harsher verdict in Zibakalam's case because he is considered a "repeat offender" — he was sentenced to 18 months in prison in 2014 for the same charge but the punishment was subsequently downgraded to a fine.

Zibakalam said he planned to appeal the 18-month sentence."

http://www.dw.com/en/iran-political-scientist-sadegh-zibakalam-given-jail-sentence-over-dw-interview/a-42961803

Here is something you and the reformist or liberals and so called" intellectuals " (reformists) need to really understand.

On 4/10/2018 at 4:41 AM, andres said:

Quote form the link

He added: “What’s interesting is that in developed societies where there’s rule of law, ‘propaganda against the state’ is not a crime. Why should it be a crime if someone does not share the same ideological views of the Islamic Republic of Iran?

Do you see any issue with the above? I do not know who this person is - but he is comparing apple and oranges- and you need to be able to decipher that or you are sold on the propaganda. 

"In developed countries" 

"Where there is rule of law" 

"propaganda against the state" 

Propaganda against the "System" or Ideology" is called Treason i.e, in a capitalist  system someone working to undermine it, and actively working to install Communism. vise versa

So, he is giving you an umbrella argument that on the surface seems very logical.( bait and switch)  But in reality his issue is that based on his words " 

"Why should it be a crime if someone does not share the same ideological views of the Islamic Republic of Iran?"

He is not criticizing the Current government or administration- Based on what he said/wrote-He is against the " Ideological Views of the Islamic Republic of Iran". 

Do you understand the difference ? 

Its not a crime to have a different view, (personal opinion) I, as long as you keep it your view and to yourself. I am sure there are people with communist views in a capitalist system and vice versa- but its a different story when you Actively and repeatedly propagate these views on a Public Level to undermine the System and are looking to bring about Change of the System. 

If you were to criticize the policies of the Current administration - internal policy or economic policy or foreign policy ( Which may be different based on who is in power that year- these are transient polices based on the current party in power- You can't  compare it to actively engaging in propaganda against your System of government or your constitution  or "Ideology" principles your country was based on.

5 hours ago, andres said:

So you are all claiming this Iranian man never said this, and is not going to jail? 

Does he at all exist?

What difference does it make if he said it or not?

And more importantly why would andres in Sweden give a damn about it to begin with?

On 4/10/2018 at 8:12 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

I don’t say that he never said this ,but he is from a minority leftwing intellectuals  in Iran & don’t represent Majority, latest condition of him is that he is still teaching in University.the court just gave him an alert but DW reported it as detaining.

yes he is real but he is only opposite person that I know he is like a celebrity in Iran.:woot:

His last tweet is for 3 of April & he is still free.

‏صادق زيباكلام (‎@sadeghZibakalam) را بررسی کنید: https://twitter.com/sadeghZibakalam?s=09

Is he lying when saying he will go to trial where he may be sentenced to 18 months for expressing his views?

SMHA confirms he has been in jail already. I would call him a political prisoner. There are many such in iran

On 4/10/2018 at 8:52 AM, S.M.H.A. said:

Again, its the law of the Free Country Issue, Something you can't comprehend.

"Under Article 500 of Iran's criminal code, such propaganda-related offenses carry a sentence of between three and 12 months. The Revolutionary Court delivered a much harsher verdict in Zibakalam's case because he is considered a "repeat offender" — he was sentenced to 18 months in prison in 2014 for the same charge but the punishment was subsequently downgraded to a fine.

Zibakalam said he planned to appeal the 18-month sentence."

Here is something you and the reformist or liberals and so called" intellectuals " (reformists) need to really understand.

You apparently agree saying that only 30% of Iranians are supporting the Iranian constitution is a crime! Instead of putting the man in jail, would it not be better to prove him wrong. And if this is not possible, realise that only 30% support is a very dangerous situation for the nation? 

It was an ugly film. I know Iran sacrificed a lot of soldiers when Iraq attacked. War is ugly. Soldiers on both sides believe they fight on Gods side. I do not believe God like wars. 

2 hours ago, IbnSina said:

What difference does it make if he said it or not?

And more importantly why would andres in Sweden give a damn about it to begin with?

If he is right, this means that Iranian leaders only can stay in power by use of force. Should we  not care about 70 % of Iranians being opressed? Should IbnSina in Sweden give a damn about it? Should we not care about the civil war in Syria? How Israel treat Palestinians? That USA invaded Iraq?

Oh Zibakalam..lol he is a joke. His brother is also a univ professor and utterly destroys him in every speech, his mother curses him.

This is the guy that burnt US flags and walked on them in the beginning of the revolution, now he holds signs saying "I love USA" in public.