Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sumerian

Hunting and slaughtering animals experiences

Rate this topic

20 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Does anyone want to share their experiences of either hunting or slaughtering animals?

NOTE: if you have beef with me, don't comment. If you are a staff member, don't comment.

@Sumerian Brother, this is a discussion board so you can't ask people not to reply to you, however, I hope those who have a beef with you (and staff members) don't reply. 

37 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Does anyone want to share their experiences of either hunting or slaughtering animals?

I cannot see the act of slaughtering, not even the slaughtering of animals. It takes me to 62 hijri.... 
Perhaps this is the effect of my name given to me by my parents! 

15 hours ago, Hussaini624 said:

I have a friend who goes hunting about once every week or 2 weeks. What's funny is he takes his little brother, who is 10 years old and he showed me pictures of the kid holding a deer's head.

That is old enough to let him shoot one himself  --if he/she was properly taught how.

19 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Yeah I go hunting everyday to smack a 6mm cockroach under my bed with the help of my slippers.

Yes, i use weapon mass destruction (pesticide) against mosquitos. But, now i wonder why do human have to kill them. Cannot we ask them to live harmoniusly ?

I don't hunt, but I have many family members who do and I've seen the process of cleaning and preparing the meat. Deer is delicious, and so is grouse. My sister takes her animals to a butcher for processing but my dad did it himself when he used to hunt. 

I had a friend who went bear hunting but was traumatized by the apparent intelligence of the bear and swore to only hunt food animals after that. 

While exploring my family history, I discovered that a lot of my ancestors worked in the meat packing industry in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The rest were farmers, so I imagine they slaughtered animals too. 

I know you asked for no site team members to reply, so just consider this reply to be me personally, not me as a moderator. 

What’s the point of hunting just for fun my family & ancestors never do it even for one time  even thinking about hunting for fun or sport make me sick:cry:

2 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

What’s the point of hunting just for fun my family & ancestors never do it even for one time  even thinking about hunting for fun or sport make me sick:cry:

I don't think trophy hunting is halal.  I think a Muslim can only hunt for food or to protect their family or community.

My friend who went bear hunting was non-Muslim.

4 hours ago, notme said:

I don't think trophy hunting is halal.  I think a Muslim can only hunt for food or to protect their family or community.

You're right in the case of Sistani, I asked the question in 2016

Question: Salam, I would like to ask you about the permissibly of hunting for sport. Are we allowed to hunt animals such as bears, lions, elephants for sport? Meaning can we hunt the animal even tho we are not going to eat the meat?

Thank You

In the Name of God, the Most High

لایجوز

It is not permissible.

May Allah grant you success.

www.sistani.org

Istifta Section - Office of His Eminence Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Sistani

:salam:

I killed a few snakes, with anything that came to hand (sticks, shovels). Because they are dangerous.

I also killed a few innocent animals for fun like lizards, catfish, which I regret now.

Other than that, I slaughtered a goat once, for my son's birth. 

10 minutes ago, realizm said:

:salam:

I killed a few snakes, with anything that came to hand (sticks, shovels). Because they are dangerous.

I also killed a few innocent animals for fun like lizards, catfish, which I regret now.

Other than that, I slaughtered a goat once, for my son's birth. 

Even if you hadn't mentioned that you are Lebanese, this post would have given you away lol.

Mind you, I also killed an animal one time,  it was accidental, but watching that poor creature gasping for air was a little traumatic. 

On 4/11/2018 at 11:27 AM, notme said:

Agreed. lf ya ain't going to eat it --don't hunt it.

Trapping and hunting vermin is different.

8 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Even if you hadn't mentioned that you are Lebanese, this post would have given you away lol.

Mind you, I also killed an animal one time,  it was accidental, but watching that poor creature gasping for air was a little traumatic. 

Which part, the snakes, the fun or the goat lol ?

There is a frenzy for hunting amongst Lebanese youths today btw. You even see commercials for hunting shops on channels like Al Jadid.

I can relate to your ancdote brother. Bumping into rabbits at night is no fun especially if you have the bad idea to go check if they are ok...

5 minutes ago, realizm said:

Which part, the snakes, the fun or the goat lol ?

The sacrifice of Goat has no problem , if you know that snakes hurt other people it is same but hunting for fun is not allowed when in shia Islam it is not allowed to hit animals face because they praising Allah so hunting for fun is not true even it is advertises in Media. 

I cannot believe that there are members here who have hunted or killed innocent animals! Nowadays, hunting is totally haram because you don’t need to hunt to survive.

Some great scholars like A. Behjat even didnt kill insects. I also have heard that one of Imams paid kaffara for unintentionally killing an insect.

I also have heard that hunters usually don’t have a good fate and many bad things happen in their lives.