Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mawdudi

Whats stopping me from becoming a Shia???

Rate this topic

45 minutes ago, Sisterfatima1 said:

Never give out personal information to him 

he said some disturbing things in chatroom

Im sad to hear this as he was very active around the time I started.

On 09/04/2018 at 3:47 AM, Mawdudi said:

Abu Bakr was the first person to do Takfir as he declared war on those not willing to pay zakat, Its clear that the sahaba have categories:

I look at the lives of the sahaba and I realize there are many virtues in their lives, however the sahaba in general are clearly not healthy examples to follow

I cant follow someone like that! I think that If someone takes Khalid Ibn AL Walid as a role model they will end up joining ISIS, Al Qaeda or the Taliban.

I am born and raised Shia, i think evident from my  name but there was a point in life when i started questioning things. As Quran urges us to explore. 
So as you only explored the possibility of Shia or Suni i went as far as "Is there a God" ??
And when i came to Sunni or Shia among other points, these also were the key points in making the decision.  Kudos to you :NH:

May Allah Bless you, keep you on a Clear path, Purify you in all of your actions and make you one of the inheritors of Jannitul Firdaus.

12 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam ,No ,becoming a Shia muslim is always hard & need sacrifice even born muslims may be not remain Shia,you don't need to say it your family its your choice and you believe to it you can become Shia as a quote from  Imam ali (as) sayings:"Learn your religion ,do not inherit it"

Image result for don't inherit your religion

https://themuslimvibe.com/faith-islam/in-history/10-hadith-by-ali-ibn-abi-talib

It’s practically impossible. I don’t think they’ll ever be convinced. It’s heartbreaking 

On 4/11/2018 at 2:58 PM, Maha_13 said:

It’s practically impossible. I don’t think they’ll ever be convinced. It’s heartbreaking 

My Family Didn’t Speak to Me for Three Months After I Became a Muslim
photo_%DB%B2%DB%B0%DB%B1%DB%B8-%DB%B0%DB
This is about a Christian who converted to Islam but is same as your case even me that born as a shia Muslim ,I was searching about any faith that at end I convinced that Shia Islam is true Islam although my family are not very religious & very little care about religion .

So I started fasting. My prayer that time was “If something good happen to me, I will convert”.

also I recommend you watch this video to see that she just by strong will & without any modern help like Internet & with lowert access to sources found the true path

On 11/04/2018 at 8:20 PM, repenter said:

If you are truthful then Congrats, but always rememeber this, we have a saying in farsi, im sure it exists in other forms in other languages too:

It's important to live in allegiance with Ali, but it's far more important to die in allegiance with Ali!

The worst thing one can do in this life, is breaking bayah. The thing that destroyed many men throughout history was that they broke their bayah with the Prophet and his Family. 

In terms of death, I wish for a death like Zayd ibn Ali (as) inshallah. Allah elevated his status to unimaginable heights

On 4/8/2018 at 8:47 PM, Mawdudi said:

Asaalaalaikum,

Im glad to say that im now a SHIA! Alhamdulillah! 

Why did I take this decision? Because I've been reading and contemplating and reflecting about Islam and my beliefs. One thing I have especially been thinking about is Islamic history.

The study of Islamic history is what has brought me to this point as well. I have long had an issue with the conflict between Ali and Muawiyah and even asked the Imam of my 2010 Hajj group about it. Things started making sense to me after reading this book, Destiny Disrupted: A History of the World Through Islamic Eyes, and was further clarified when I read After the Prophet: The Epic Story of the Shia-Sunni Split in Islam. I recently joined this forum and have learned much about the Shi'a sect and their view on history through reading several books by Muhammad al-Tijani al Samawi. Quite a while back I had purchased biographies on the first four Caliphs by Ali Sallabi, but I haven't read them yet. Presently, I have his biography of Ali beside me and plan to read it next. I understand that this is from the Sunni perspective which I believe is important for me to know. I grew up as a Christian and converted to Islam 36 years ago. One thing that really strikes me is how much is known about the life of Prophet Muhammad (saaws) and his companions, while very little is known about the life and example of Jesus (as).

On 4/13/2018 at 12:24 AM, Mawdudi said:

In terms of death, I wish for a death like Zayd ibn Ali (as) inshallah. Allah elevated his status to unimaginable heights

No doubt Zayd shaheed gave his life in the cause of Allah (s.w.t). I am "Zaidi" and my "Shajra-e-Nasb" connects to Zayd-e-Shaheed.

I want to ask you a personal question, why not you have wished to die like Hussain (asws)? There is a famous saying "Live like Ali (asws) and die like Hussain (asws)" . Do you not want to die like the "Syed-ush-Shuhada"? 

Edited by Salsabeel

Uprising After Ashura (Important rule of Mokhtar (ra)& Zayd (ra))

Edited by Ashvazdanghe