Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hamodiii

Living in a society that is sinful?

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, Hamodiii said:

How can you be a mumin and a good person in a society that is sinful?

Interacting with those less enlightened than us is a struggle,no doubt, but it helps us grow in faith and as a person. If done correctly it helps develop in us traits like strong moral values and sabr. A person cannot grow unless he experiences conflict with his surroundings. So take this difference as something positive and a opportunity to grow in faith and ethics.

Remember, almost all of the Prophets(as) lived amongst people who were polytheists and indulged in Haram so you might want to study some of their lives for more practical example.

30 minutes ago, Nitidum said:

....moving to where? There is corruption everywhere.

R as in relative.

All around the world there are problems, so you can chose what problems you wish to have in life.

For example:

Some problems might cause the food on your table to be less.

Other problems might cause you to go straight to eternal hell fire.

(1) Don't get into the wrong social circle. Instead make friends with pious Muslims or non-Muslims whose values are closely aligned with ours. I have friends that are Christians, and they don't drink, party etc.

(2) Never even think of going to harram gatherings, such as partying, clubbing, places where Alcohol is served etc.

(3) Always read salah on time.

(4) Never listen to harram music.

(5) Be connected to your local Shia community, by attending the events, volunteering, initiating catch ups with fellow mu'mins etc.

(6) Read Islamic books or listen to Islamic lectures in your spare time. I always watch Islamic lectures when I'm using public transport.

(7) Don't excessively talk to women, unless you have a legit reason. (Try to treat them the way you would want someone to treat your sister).

(8) Perfect your akhlaq, which is possible anywhere.

(9) Lastly, smile. :):)

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

22 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

(1) Don't get into the wrong social circle. Instead make friends with pious Muslims or non-Muslims whose values are closely aligned with ours. I have friends that are Christians, and they don't drink, party etc.

(2) Never even think of going to harram gatherings, such as partying, clubbing, places where Alcohol is served etc.

(3) Always read salah on time.

(4) Never listen to harram music.

(5) Be connected to your local Shia community, by attending the events, volunteering, initiating catch ups with fellow mu'mins etc.

(6) Read Islamic books or listen to Islamic lectures in your spare time. I always watch Islamic lectures when I'm use public transport.

(7) Don't excessively talk to women, unless you have a legit reason. (Try to treat them like how you would want someone to treat your sister).

(8) Perfect your akhlaq, which is possible anywhere.

(9) Lastly, smile. :):)

May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى shower mercy upon you my dear brother.

57 minutes ago, kirtc said:

which country are you in?

That's not relevant. My point was that there is no such like escaping from the sins by moving to another country. I understand in some places there is less chance of falling into sin,for example in most 'islamic' countries you cannot drink or gamble openly, women are generally more covered up, finding halal jobs maybe easier but problems like disobeying parents, jealousy, qate rehmi, envy, lying,  backbiting are all pretty common in Muslim countries too, and these are all major sins.In the end it comes strengthening your own faith and taqwa. 

@IbnSina

On 4/9/2018 at 6:36 AM, kirtc said:

It is very hard, and very lonely.. I suggest you start looking for like-minded friends and form a group... if you cannot, then I would suggest moving.

Is it really lonely? I don't find it lonely when you have Allah as your provider! You are never lonely. We just like to run away.