Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wolverine

#31 Favorite Season?

Rate this topic

Poll #31 What is Your Favorite Season of the Year?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your Favorite Season of the Year?

• Spring
    • Summer
    • Autumn
    • Winter

Spring and summer. Who voted for winter? :angry:

I can tolerate someone liking Autumn but winter? Millions of accidents, people get killed in accidents. I think people who like winter are the people who never have to drive in snow or they never have to go out in cold. They can afford the luxury of staying inside their homes and they only see how snow looks beautiful when they are looking at it from inside their warm homes. Spoiled brats!!! 

23 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

Spring and summer. Who voted for winter? :angry:

I can tolerate someone liking Autumn but winter? Millions of accidents, people get killed in accidents. I think people who like winter are the people who never have to drive in snow or they never have to go out in cold. They can afford the luxury of staying inside their homes and they only see how snow looks beautiful when they are looking at it from inside their warm homes. Spoiled brats!!! 

You've never seen an Australian winter though. :clap:

Some days in our winters I walk around in a singlet. 

Edited by Wholehearted Shi'a

l voted for Autumn. Especially lndian Summer.

The grass has nearly stopped growing because it has already been frozen so l ain't mowin' it, and the weather is warm enough l can keep the heat turned-off to save money.

And any deciduous tree l had when l bought this place is already cut down so l only have to rake my neighbor's blown-over-to-me maple leaves.

14 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

Who voted for winter? :angry:

I can tolerate someone liking Autumn but winter? Millions of accidents, people get killed in accidents. I think people who like winter are the people who never have to drive in snow or they never have to go out in cold. They can afford the luxury of staying inside their homes and they only see how snow looks beautiful when they are looking at it from inside their warm homes. 

Maybe they sit by the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. Or maybe they like skiing or sledding in the snow? :D 

2 hours ago, notme said:

In spite of the pollen...

I signed up for Pollen Alerts from The Weather Channel. It has been Moderate since the beginning of the year. Yesterday started the HIGH season.

7 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

I signed up for Pollen Alerts from The Weather Channel. It has been Moderate since the beginning of the year. Yesterday started the HIGH season.

I don't need any alerts. My sinuses and itchy eyes inform me of the smallest grain of pollen in the air. Nonetheless, I love spring. It's the season of surprises. 

Now people who like winter like it because its colder and they like the atmosphere of the season.

People who like summer like the heat and like having the extra hours of the day.

Both of these kind of people love to be miserable.

People who like spring and fall like it because of the cool weather and the beauty of the season. These people are not miserable. 

I like Fall but my trouble with it is that winter is coming. I like Spring but my problem with it is that sometimes winter overstays it's welcome. 

Spring for the win.

17 minutes ago, Nitidum said:

I am surprised so few people like Autumn, when trees turn into flaming torches, the rustle of crisp leaves under your feet sounds like music to ears and there is a beautiful sadness in the air. 

Autumn is ok here, but it consists of summer temperatures, 3 days of colorful trees, torrential rain for a week or so before settling into the chilly winter rains. It doesn't last long enough as a distinct season here to warrant much attention. Where I grew up, Autumn was a great time for hiking, driving, and generally doing anything outdoors and it lasted long enough to enjoy it.  

I'm sitting outside reading an ebook while my little one plays. There's so much pollen, I have to periodically wipe the screen to see the text. 

Just had to check in to this poll to report that. 

On 4/10/2018 at 7:59 AM, Nitidum said:

I am surprised so few people like Autumn, when trees turn into flaming torches, the rustle of crisp leaves under your feet sounds like music to ears and there is a beautiful sadness in the air. 

I voted for Autumn, but we call it Fall here. :D 

Where I live now, the tree pollen is high, grass pollen is low, and weeds pollen is none. I am praying that the tree, grass and weeds pollen are not all high at the same time this year. :( 

On 8/4/2018 at 12:32 PM, hasanhh said:

l voted for Autumn. Especially lndian Summer.

On 8/4/2018 at 1:22 PM, Anonymous said:

I voted for Autumn. Indian Summer is :cool:

Wut.?? Indian summer is cool as long as you stay with air conditioner or in Kashmir.