Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Aflower

Nakshwani

Rate this topic

POSTED ON THE REQUEST/BEHALF OF MY FRIEND: I watch a lot of online majlises. My friend noted that Nakshwani seems to have had an entire image makeover (eye brow shaping, hair implants etc.) and for a long time now he has started to wear really tight, almost figure hugging clothes. My friend noted that if a female maulani was to dress in a similar way she would be severely condemned. Opinions?

Edited by Aflower

4 hours ago, Aflower said:

I watch a lot of online majlises. My friend noted that Nakshwani seems to have had an entire image makeover (eye brow shaping, hair implants etc.) and for a long time now he has started to wear really tight, almost figure hugging clothes. My friend noted that if a female maulani was to dress in a similar way she would be severely condemned. Opinions?

As with most preachers, we should hear their message rather than critique their appearance.

20 minutes ago, Aflower said:

My friend noted that Nakshwani seems to have had an entire image makeover

Your friend observes him really closely. Why doesn't she just listen more and watch less. I am not supporting any scholar...no sorry,human(male or female) wearing form fitting clothes but in the end it none of our business really. 

15 minutes ago, Nitidum said:

Your friend observes him really closely. Why doesn't she just listen more and watch less. I am not supporting any scholar...no sorry,human(male or female) wearing form fitting clothes but in the end it none of our business really. 

@Nitidum  Her husband told her that if she was so offended she should listen to the audio version. :hahaha:

Edited by Aflower

25 minutes ago, Nitidum said:

@Nitidum Out of curiousity, would you say the same if a maulani/ female scholar was to preach in a catsuit? 

Edited by Aflower

40 minutes ago, Aflower said:

@Nitidum Out of curiousity, would you say the same if a maulani/ female scholar was to preach in a catsuit? 

Yes! and if it really bothered me that much I would stop listening to her, that's all.

50 minutes ago, Aflower said:

@Nitidum  Her husband told her that if she was so offended she should listen to the audio version. :hahaha:

I would too if my wife was commenting on other men's eye brows. 

2 hours ago, Aflower said:

@ShiaMan14

What about leading by example? Practice what you preach? A lot of the youth watch his majlises and are highly impressionable at that age.

Hmmm, I think he is leading by example. Good appearance and positive messaging.

The sayed makes some very good points and his method of speech is very appealing to the youth. Let's try to not talk about his outer appearance/his way of dressing, since this is ghiba (backbiting) which is a major sin in Islam.

I'd ignore it and just listen to his points. Personally, I have benefited a ton from him.

I think the men have double standards here. One rule for the women and another for the men.

Look, personally I think on the flip side, the benefit is that the youth can relate to him because he comes across as quite relevant. He makes reference to hollywood movies, sports, popular celebrities. All good points. I personally really like Nakshwani's majlises because I can relate to what he is saying.

You need to understand that women have a discerning eye. We pay more attention to clothes, makeup, grooming, jewellery etc. Hence, we are naturally more susceptible to spotting even the most subtle of changes in appearance. There is no denying that he has had a makeover of sorts. Again, so far as I'm concerned all good stuff because he is setting a positive example to the men in the community who often become lackadaisical after marriage so far as their well being and presentation is concerned.

I don't think there is anything the wrong with his clothes as they stand. As long as he is comfortable that is the key thing. But, everyone has their own opinion. My friend simply pointed out the obvious and she is entitled to her opinion.

Edited by Aflower

8 minutes ago, Hussaini624 said:

Let's try to not talk about his outer appearance/his way of dressing, since this is ghiba (backbiting) which is a major sin in Islam.

Salam but his outer appearance cause distraction , I prefer his Audios

1 minute ago, Aflower said:

There is no denying that he has had a makeover of sorts. Again, so far as I'm concerned all good stuff because he is setting a positive example to the men in the community who often become lackadaisical after marriage so far as their well being and presentation is concerned.

I don't think there is anything the wrong with his clothes. As long as he is comfortable that is the key thing. But, everyone has their own opinion. 

Salam his dress code ruins affection of his speeches ,when for 1 hour I just see him with odd outer, I cant concentrate on his speech from middle of it,this is also for non shias specially  anti shias causes just joking about him and they dont listen to his lectures carefully.

36 minutes ago, Hussaini624 said:

The sayed makes some very good points and his method of speech is very appealing to the youth. Let's try to not talk about his outer appearance/his way of dressing, since this is ghiba (backbiting) which is a major sin in Islam.

I'd ignore it and just listen to his points. Personally, I have benefited a ton from him.

@Hussaini624 I think our messages crossed. I just saw yr message after I posted mine. I think we are both in agreement here with regards to the fact that his lectures have excellent content. There is no denying that. Alongside religion, he references theology, philosophy, human psychology, geography etc. and no doubt that takes a lot of research and hard work. Kudos to him for that. 

This topic is not about running Nakshwani down and hence it is most definitely not gheebat. We are discussing what is appropriate clothes for a man; especially one who sits on a pulpit and is in a position of influence. I am a Syed myself (I note you refer to him as Sayed) and I would not bring down a fellow brother who is doing so much good. 

I personally have no issues with his clothes as they are, but any tighter and he will quite literally be bursting out of them. I am sure that IN REALITY the men would not feel comfortable seeing a woman wearing skin tight clothes on the pulpit/whilst lecturing about Islam either and the same applies vice versa. 

FOR THE RECORD this post IS NOT ABOUT GHEEBAT but about 2 things:

1) Should religious scholars lead by example - especially when they are in a place of influence such as on the media.? What they do in their down time/personal time is of course their choice.

2) There are so many rulings about women dressing modestly; does the same not apply to men?

Edited by Aflower