Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
SeekingHeaven

What to do with extra free time?

Rate this topic

Salam, i have recently been having a lot of extra free time on my hands and I've been just not using it wisely, ive been just wasting all my day after my few hours at work. I keep telling myself that im gonna start reading Islamic books but i never get around to it and just keep procrastinating. To be honest I've never really read any islamic books fully before, ive gotten most of what i know from watching English lectures. I read the quran a little from time to time, but i just hate the way I've become i want a balanced lifestyle and i want to start feeling focused and have a goal to get to. Sorry for rambling on about my feelings but I hope you guys can give me some guidance as to what to start doing and where to start. I had in my mind to start reading basic islamic books as a beginning but I don't want to read some of it and then leave it, i want to finish it and understand it. Please give me your guidance and recommendations. 

I understand that you want to do something useful and constructive but please know that having free time is a real luxury. It is perfectly OK to spend some of that free time reflecting, pondering and trying to discover who you are and what you want from life. 

3 minutes ago, Aflower said:

I understand that you want to do something useful and constructive but please know that having free time is a real luxury. It is perfectly OK to spend some of that free time reflecting, pondering and trying to discover who you are and what you want from life. 

I actually already spend some time  pondering on life and who i am but i feel like i need to gain more knowledge and especially knowledge about Allah swt and know who he is

6 minutes ago, Aflower said:

Have you visited Ammar Nakshwani's official website? He has an entire page of lectures. Check it out!

Yes, actually I've watched most of his lectures already and I feel i need to start reading islamic books but I don't know what book to start with 

https://www.al-Islam.org/secrets-success-ayatullah-mirza-jafar-subhani 

Secrets of Success

PUBLISHER(S): 
Knowledge City Books

A book for the youth on how one can be successful in reaching their goals. Illustrated using examples from lives of great men from the East & West.