Rate this topic

Salaam alaykum

I was reading the Qur'an and came across a verse that I didn't quite understand, heres the verse;

Allah eliminates what He wills or confirms, and with Him is the Mother of the Book. [13:39]

and in the Quranic text is the actual word used for mother, who is this "mother" that it is refering to?

bismillah.gif

[Shakir 13:39] Allah makes to pass away and establishes what He pleases, and with Him is the basis of the Book.
[Pickthal 13:39] Allah effaceth what He will, and establisheth (what He will), and with Him is the source of ordinance.
[Yusufali 13:39] Allah doth blot out or confirm what He pleaseth: with Him is the Mother of the Book.
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 13:39]

See commentary of al Baqarah: 2 and Ali Imran : 7.

Ummul kitab is the preserved tablet, the original of all divine decrees.

Ali ibn abi Talib said:

"If the forces of evil had exterminated the Quran, not leaving a single verse, I would have even then related every event that would happen till the day of judgement."

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

Our view of the universe is similar to the two records of the creation-partial and complete. The partial view is the subject of empirical investigation, liable to change. The complete view is the subject of spiritual investigation, unimpeachable and final.