Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

-حل للتطبیر رمانه البحرین

Pomegranate miracle in Bahrain -stopping Tatbir (Arabic language )

Pomegranate miracle video (Imam Mahdi (aj)protects shias) farsi language +english sub

On 3/31/2018 at 9:53 AM, Mawdudi said:

That's true brother,

Everyone does get judged according to their intelligence, but I always think to myself, what about those kids who never got the change to utilise their intelligence. For example, what about the children raised in isis training camps? How will they be judged? They are children after all...

How is growing up in an ISIS camp any different than growing up elsewhere?  We are surrounded by ignorance and immorality no matter where we are.    Just because we do not discern this fact doesn't mean it is any less immoral.  How do we know we are not as brainwashed about what we think about morality (about what is good and what is bad) as those kids brought up in ISIS camps?  We are just as corrupt as ISIS people are (but in different ways).  

ignorance and knowledge are relative.  The very same knowledge that someone may have is an ignorance in relation to someone who knows more.  So is good and bad.  Good and bad are relative to each other.  There is no pure evil.  No one is purely corrupt.  And no one is purely good except God Himself. 

Just as ignorance is all around us, so also, knowledge is also all around us.    Whether we are in the West or the East, in a cave or a city, in an ISIS camp or outside that camp, there is always mercy there because there is nothing which is outside of His mercy.  God mercy encompasses all things.  

8 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

How is growing up in an ISIS camp any different than growing up elsewhere?  We are surrounded by ignorance and immorality no matter where we are.    Just because we do not discern this fact doesn't mean it is any less immoral.  How do we know we are not as brainwashed about what we think about morality (about what is good and what is bad) as those kids brought up in ISIS camps?  We are just as corrupt as ISIS people are (but in different ways).  

ignorance and knowledge are relative.  The very same knowledge that someone may have is an ignorance in relation to someone who knows more.  So is good and bad.  Good and bad are relative to each other.  There is no pure evil.  No one is purely corrupt.  And no one is purely good except God Himself. 

Just as ignorance is all around us, so also, knowledge is also all around us.    Whether we are in the West or the East, in a cave or a city, in an ISIS camp or outside that camp, there is always mercy there because there is nothing which is outside of His mercy.  God mercy encompasses all things.  

Wow I never thought of it like that. Allahuakbar! What you say is beautiful!

On 3/31/2018 at 3:53 PM, Mawdudi said:

That's true brother,

Everyone does get judged according to their intelligence, but I always think to myself, what about those kids who never got the change to utilise their intelligence. For example, what about the children raised in isis training camps? How will they be judged? They are children after all...

think it trough brother, the answers are there

21 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Alaikum al salaam btw

Salaam brother, I guess one problem with my line of thought may be that I'm trying to know what I don't know. After all, Allah knows everything in the heavens and the earth and Allah knows the secrets of every individual's heart.

The philosopher Frithjof Schuon says:

“It is impossible to describe a landscape so validly as to exclude all other descriptions, for no one can see the landscape in all its aspects at the same time, and no single view can prevent the existence and validity of other equally possible views”

Therefore we cannot see the full truth of any matter, only Allah can. However I still think its important to have empathy and I think Empathy is much more important than sympathy. Furthermore, I think a very important point was raised in this thread that as well as evil there is also mercy everywhere. Come to think of it, I've met people who grew up in desrtuctive environments and have had completely different reactions. For example, I knew this guy from Afghanistan and he used to tell me about his rough childhood and stories about being ambushed by the Taliban. When this particular individual came to england he started to get involved in crime such as drug dealing and robbing people and one day I said to him "why are you robbing people, don't you care about Islam?" He replied "Im going to Hell anyway, so there's no hope".

ON THE FLIP SIDE...

I also met this women who was a refugee from Syria and she also had a hard life, but she was very thankful to Allah that she was bought into safety. She said to me "My God is the god of mercy" and he said to me that she abstains from sinning only because she loves Allah and not because she fears punishment. 

So I guess different hearts react to their environments in different ways. Those whom Allah chooses to guide cannot be misguided.

Alhamdulillah I recently read about Imam Zain Ul Abedeen (RA) who witnessed the massacre of Karabla and who witnessed his father Imam Hussain (RA) being killed. He had a hard life but he reacted to this with more compassion and love. He used to give so much to the poor and feed the hungry and he done so much for Islam and spreading knowledge through the globe. Subhanallah. 

3 hours ago, Mawdudi said:

For example, I knew this guy from Afghanistan and he used to tell me about his rough childhood and stories about being ambushed by the Taliban. When this particular individual came to england he started to get involved in crime such as drug dealing and robbing people and one day I said to him "why are you robbing people, don't you care about Islam?" He replied "Im going to Hell anyway, so there's no hope".

Salam this is a common syndrome for children that were educated by Taliban,ISIS,etc for example kidnapped Izady children that were educated by ISIS to be fighters(boys) &girls (that you know better) after returning to their families had many traumas with their family beliefs.

your friend brainwashed by them that he is a true muslim & other people are Kafirs so when he saw real world lost his trust to everything,:cry:   

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Luqman72 illness is bad.

Muhammed-mehdi Is it always bad ?

How about the illness of a believer, which brings him closer to Allah  سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى or a test or purifies him  / Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى gives him this instead of the (eternal) Hellfire  ?
And let's say a completely evil person get's ill. Is this illness or this happening of illness, or this having of illness a bad thing ?

Just a brother trying to learn :)

^^

Whys is illness bad? I am using "bad" as 1 "ontologically less preferable than health" (its an inferior state to health) and 2 "bad" as that which ought to be avoided.

I am coming from a science angle, its my pet theory. We exist insofar as we are tuned to avoid illness etc. If we didn't, then we would die out a s a species.

"A faithful friend is the medicine of life; and they that fear the Lord shall find him. "  Ecclasiasticus 6:16 http://apocrypha.org/ecclesiasticus/6.htm

For me this basic self interest,  and the community's interest which relates to it, is part of the foundation of our moral codes.

Breaking bones is painful for a reason - either God or "science" put it there, as it is a survival mechanism. Just look at the trouble people with insensitivity to pain can get themselves into (its a medical dirorder where the victim basically feels no pain). And also, just look at the law codes, where breaking peoples bones is almost universally prohibited. I see a link.

Morality stems from the need to "protect" and "safeguard" individual and community. Anyone who knows about taqua (piety) knows that the meaning encompasses these things . Ok. taqua also has sacred and supernatural aspects, but there is a secular or scientific dimension too.

Edited by Luqman72